Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Collector's Den

• 25-01-2008 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi ya,
    Has anyone every dealt with the collector's den in Powerscourt in Dublin? Just wondering if the guy is reputable. Was looking at a few medals in there, just wanted to be sure before I paid anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,539 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What do you collect in particular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

alexgal wrote: »
    Hi ya,
    Has anyone every dealt with the collector's den in Powerscourt in Dublin? Just wondering if the guy is reputable. Was looking at a few medals in there, just wanted to be sure before I paid anything.

Hi alexgal,

wasn't aware of that shop. Can't say anything about it. Do they have a website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

If its the same bloke that ran the small little stall in Georges Street Arcade
    he was fairly expensive. I was Ooogling at some instrumentation from a
    Mig 27 a few years back.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Think I remember that guy from the georgian arcade years ago too. I remember him as being v expensive too - still it could be worth checking out the powerscourt shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 alexgal

I used to collect Irish mem years ago but stopped, had other things to spend my money on. Now I want to get back into it but I'm finding the prices are completely mad!! Luckily I have kept a few choice pieces, Easter rising medal and the accompaning armband, independence medal without the cormac bar and a few of the emergency medals. Now I'm looking to make maybe one of two good buys a year of really interesting things. Manage to lay my hands on a few pamplets relating to the treaty debate and a few magazines from the period with articles on the emerging Free State.
    However I don't really know where to go looking for these things and am afraid to buy on the internet as I really believe that you only get the feww for the genuine article when you have it in your Hand:)

Theres also Yesteryear which i think has moved to O'Connell St.
    The North Star Hotel do militaria fairs where you might pick up something.

There was a place in a lane off O'Connell St. but i'm pretty sure that's gone now.

You could contact Irish sellers through ebay and deal directly, that way you get hands on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

kowloon wrote: »
    Theres also Yesteryear which i think has moved to O'Connell St.
    The North Star Hotel do militaria fairs where you might pick up something.

There was a place in a lane off O'Connell St. but i'm pretty sure that's gone now.

You could contact Irish sellers through ebay and deal directly, that way you get hands on.

That guy is incredibly expensive(powerscourt).As far as i know yesteryear is closed and so is the place off the top of o'connel street.You could try this guy:
    http://www.iol.ie/~coinsandmedals/

also
    http://www.esatclear.ie/~antiquesfairsireland/Links.html

Nice one Degsy, think I may have come across that fellow in a fair.
    Was in town and Yesteryear is still open alright, it's not O'connell St. it's on, the street up from O'connell that the buses come on to from Dorset St. can't remember the name.
    Couldn't find the other place at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

kowloon wrote: »
    Nice one Degsy, think I may have come across that fellow in a fair.
    Was in town and Yesteryear is still open alright, it's not O'connell St. it's on, the street up from O'connell that the buses come on to from Dorset St. can't remember the name.
    Couldn't find the other place at all.

North Fredrick st?I havnt seen that shop open in ages,he seems to open when he feels like it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement