Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Stone Temple Pilots Reforming Vs. Velvet Revolver 3rd Album

• 25-01-2008 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I love playing live and we love this band, but I don't have expectations any more. This is a great band and I'm proud to be a part of it, but it doesn't define me anymore
    Duff McKagan

be on the lookout for an STP reunion in the coming months
    Scott Weiland

I'm really jazzed about doing it. I've been working on new ideas, and we've had a couple times where the guys all got together and worked on some stuff. I'm itching to see what this third record's gonna be, 'cause I think it's gonna be ****in' awesome, and I think we don't necessarily need to spend two years on the road like we did last time
    Slash

From those few quotes it seems that Velvet Revolver may be finished after the current tour, as far as Scott Weiland is concerned, yet Slash would like to make another album as soon as possible. Apparently Duff feels also that hes played enough with the band to make an impact, so could we be seeing an STP reunion and the collapse of VR. I certainly hope not personally. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think the world could do without an STP reunion.

I also think that VR are just another Audioslave, Zwan, Travellin Wilburys or whoever and one of those super bands where the individual pieces are fantastic but just never really gel together.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

1408 wrote: »
    Stone Temple Pilots Reforming Vs. Velvet Revolver 3rd Album

Everyone loses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Stone Temple Pilots were great in their day but their last two albums were pretty poor and I think they've done all they're going to do. Having said that I never really took to (or listened to!) Velvet Revolver; as dr. bollocko says the whole is not greater than the sum of the parts in their case.

Much as I would have loved to see them (STP) live, reunion tours are always dissapointing so...er, basically, I'm indifferent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

this means the most over rated band in the world is finished???.fantastic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I really liked 'Core', something like that would be more than welcome!

• Advertisement

the only album worth looking forward to is the crue's new one!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

kona wrote: »
    this means the most over rated band in the world is finished???.fantastic:D

No, dont think the Arctic Monkeys are finishing just yet:D

I'd be mixed about this, as I like VR, but didnt like their new album at all. If they were continuing to do drab albums like that, I'd gladly see the back of them, but if they did someething like their debut, I'd want them around for a lot longer.

As for STP, I do like them. Think they've had their time by now(prob same with VR), but would like to see Scott do something else aswell.

Mushy wrote: »
    No, dont think the Arctic Monkeys are finishing just yet:D

I'd be mixed about this, as I like VR, but didnt like their new album at all. If they were continuing to do drab albums like that, I'd gladly see the back of them, but if they did someething like their debut, I'd want them around for a lot longer.

As for STP, I do like them. Think they've had their time by now(prob same with VR), but would like to see Scott do something else aswell.

i think their sound has just gone stale tbh.
    to me their last album was the same as the first:D

i dont class arctic monkeys as a band lol:D:D
    they are just rubbish, but i suppose when your forced to listen to fm104 it beats the hell outa 50 cent and gangsta crap, and stereophonics etc:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭1408

they are just rubbish, but i suppose when your forced to listen to fm104 it beats the hell outa 50 cent and gangsta crap, and stereophonics etc:(:(:(

Please dont mention these bands or that radio station. Not because it changes the topic but because it brings discomfort to my ears and soils VRs good name to mention the Artic Monkeys in their thread:D:D

It was bad enough seeing Slash and Duff in that Strokes video, alongside your man from Home Improvement who played Al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

i think their sound has just gone stale tbh.
    to me their last album was the same as the first:D

Yeah, agree with their sound alright. Although I do class the first album as very different. Just some really balls-out rock tunes on it, which was needed at the time.

1408, what Strokes vids were Slash and Duff in? I wanna see it now.

• Advertisement

I truly apologize on behalf of the band for our inability to perform at the scheduled party during the Sundance Film Festival. I performed the previous night in Miami in support of the "A-Rod Family Foundation", and afterwards a jet was arranged to fly myself and a couple of the crew members to the festival, where I was looking forward to performing. Not only was I hoping to ROCK, but I also wanted to snowboard AND have some well...good and clean fun! Seriously, though...I even already had my "one piece" long johns on (no ****!!). Now...the problem was that the pilot of the private jet would not...I mean absolutely would NOT fly us to Park City due to the low visibility and poor weather conditions. We did everything in our power to make it happen. At last minute, Matt tried to hook up a flight from L.A. to Park City, but the owner of the plane could not find a crew in time.

I'm sorry...we all are. Who knows...maybe this happened for a reason.
    Scott Weiland, VelvetRevolver.com, Jan 23rd 2008

Ill say this, he's a lot more like Axl then he thinks, and if he cancels this tour there'll be a lot of angry fans

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

I truly apologize on behalf of the band for our inability to perform at the scheduled party during the Sundance Film Festival. I performed the previous night in Miami in support of the "A-Rod Family Foundation", and afterwards a jet was arranged to fly myself and a couple of the crew members to the festival, where I was looking forward to performing. Not only was I hoping to ROCK, but I also wanted to snowboard AND have some well...good and clean fun! Seriously, though...I even already had my "one piece" long johns on (no ****!!). Now...the problem was that the pilot of the private jet would not...I mean absolutely would NOT fly us to Park City due to the low visibility and poor weather conditions. We did everything in our power to make it happen. At last minute, Matt tried to hook up a flight from L.A. to Park City, but the owner of the plane could not find a crew in time.

I'm sorry...we all are. Who knows...maybe this happened for a reason.
    Scott Weiland, VelvetRevolver.com, Jan 23rd 2008

Ill say this, he's a lot more like Axl then he thinks, and if he cancels this tour there'll be a lot of angry fans

Yeah, what a bastard for apologising for not making a gig due to circumstances outside of his control!

fortuneg wrote: »
    Yeah, what a bastard for apologising for not making a gig due to circumstances outside of his control!

Now...the problem was that the pilot of the private jet would not...I mean absolutely would NOT fly us to Park City due to the low visibility and poor weather conditions.
    Scott Weiland, Jan 23rd

Why wasn't Scott there? Scott missed his plane. Yeah, let's say that, Scott missed his plane…"
    Duff McKagan, Jan 24th

Nothing about that seems scripted to you? And then the next day.....

After VELVET REVOLVER wraps a spring tour in support of its second album, "Libertad", frontman Scott Weiland will rejoin his former bandmates in STONE TEMPLE PILOTS for a handful of summer reunion shows, guitarist Slash tells John Benson of Billboard.com.

oh yeah. theres also this thing called the internet scott. it allows you to check facts and information in statements with real events. I went and had a look at the official weather conditions for Park City, Utah, for Jan 22nd and ive posted the results below.

Wind:Wind Speed4 mph / 6 km/h (NNW) Max Wind Speed10 mph / 16 km/h Max Gust Speed12 mph / 19 km/h Visibility6 miles / 10 kilometers

That comes as quite a suprise because according to the pilot of the plane he couldnt take off because of LOW visability

1:53 PM16.0 °F / -8.9 °C 10.0 °F / -12.2 °C 77%30.41 in / 1029.8 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers North8.1 mph / 13.0 km/h / 3.6 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy2:53 PM17.1 °F / -8.3 °C 10.0 °F / -12.2 °C 74%30.43 in / 1030.5 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers North8.1 mph / 13.0 km/h / 3.6 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy3:53 PM18.0 °F / -7.8 °C 10.9 °F / -11.7 °C 74%30.45 in / 1030.9 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers North6.9 mph / 11.1 km/h / 3.1 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy4:53 PM18.0 °F / -7.8 °C 10.0 °F / -12.2 °C 71%30.43 in / 1030.2 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers North4.6 mph / 7.4 km/h / 2.1 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy5:53 PM16.0 °F / -8.9 °C 10.0 °F / -12.2 °C 77%30.43 in / 1030.5 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers North5.8 mph / 9.3 km/h / 2.6 m/s - N/A Mostly Cloudy6:53 PM16.0 °F / -8.9 °C 10.9 °F / -11.7 °C 81%30.43 in / 1030.5 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers West4.6 mph / 7.4 km/h / 2.1 m/s - N/A Overcast7:53 PM16.0 °F / -8.9 °C 10.0 °F / -12.2 °C 77%30.44 in / 1030.8 hPa 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers North4.6 mph / 7.4 km/h / 2.1 m/s - N/A Overcast

This basically illustrates that there was a 10 mile visability for a couple of hours during the day close to the bands performance

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Fu@k that sh!t, i wouldn't like to see STP getting back together and if so scott will defo be back in the sh!t with his inner demons!!!! still it could spell a reunion for Gn'r, but unlikely, seriously this is not what i would like"!!! Could VR survive with a new singer?????

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Could VR survive with a new singer?????

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

No

Maybe they could...............Axl Rose doesn't have a band to speak of anymore!!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Stone Temple Pilots were great in their day but their last two albums were pretty poor and I think they've done all they're going to do. Having said that I never really took to (or listened to!) Velvet Revolver; as dr. bollocko says the whole is not greater than the sum of the parts in their case.

Much as I would have loved to see them (STP) live, reunion tours are always dissapointing so...er, basically, I'm indifferent.

Well I must say I found their 2nd last album (No 4) to be one their best.

Well I never thought much of VR so I couldn't really care if they split so bring on STP! Though, as Earthhorse said, it probably will be disappointing. From the few live vids of VR that I've seen Scott seems to struggle with the notes...

Creature wrote: »
    Well I must say I found their 2nd last album (No 4) to be one their best.

Well I never thought much of VR so I couldn't really care if they split so bring on STP! Though, as Earthhorse said, it probably will be disappointing. From the few live vids of VR that I've seen Scott seems to struggle with the notes...

hes a good singer, but IMO in had rock/ sleaze rock, the ability to sing well isnt a major plus, sure you have to be able to sing but to me they are more frontmen.

i think the best thing for slash would be to go back to axl and GnR.
    so what if axl is a prick, you dont have to deal with him all the time, and the money they would make would be rediculous.................................but democracy would have to be re-recorded.....roll on another decade:D maybe slash could play slide guitar with his walking stick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i would really look forward to a stp reunion...one of the best bands ever purple is a flawless album and number 4 is amazing as well...vr was lacking good vocal melodies in my opinion....but the vr gig in the point was amazing.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snake Nose

I'd love an STP reunion! Crackerman~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

I love all of STP's albums and would welcome a reunion. There's the odd tune I like on the two Velvet Revolver albums...but its pretty much rehashed sh*t.

Australian Tour is Cancelled due to certain member's back in Rehab, seemly Scott has gone off the wall again!!! muppet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i think the best thing for slash would be to go back to axl and GnR....and the money they would make would be rediculous.

no matter how much i would love that to happen i cant see it happenin! it would be amazing but slash & axl just dont get along, and no amount of money could entice them (if they got back together because they would make "Rediculous" money then they would be sell outs)

Snake Nose wrote: »
    I'd love an STP reunion! Crackerman~

Stone Temple Pilots have already confirmed a show at Wisconsins Rock Fest this July, apparently Duff McKagan (VR bassist) is also touring this summer with Loaded - his band inbetween GNR and VR - and theyre going to be putting out another album. I would see this as the indication that following the forthcoming European tour we won't be seeing any performances from VR until they have their 3rd album written and recorded in early 2009 - according to Slash he's already working on material.

Stone Temple Pilots have already confirmed a show at Wisconsins Rock Fest this July, apparently Duff McKagan (VR bassist) is also touring this summer with Loaded - his band inbetween GNR and VR - and theyre going to be putting out another album. I would see this as the indication that following the forthcoming European tour we won't be seeing any performances from VR until they have their 3rd album written and recorded in early 2009 - according to Slash he's already working on material.

from the sound of this, you never know....we may see a slash's snakepit reunion!! :D

This really piss's me off, it will be harder for them to get back together, scott's back on the gear! slash will be board again and fall of the wagon again! ! ! ! ! ! I like STP but i'd rather see VR!!!!

hyn-zie wrote: »
    This really piss's me off, it will be harder for them to get back together, scott's back on the gear! slash will be board again and fall of the wagon again! ! ! ! ! ! I like STP but i'd rather see VR!!!!

i dont think he will, i think he'll be involved in some other band, like snakepit or blues bar

i dont think he will, i think he'll be involved in some other band, like snakepit or blues bar

Yeah but remember he couldn't continue the snakepit thing becuase he felt he was goingthrough all that **** with gear and drink due to other members picking up the habits, also he said he got to the stage where he had no financial backing from the record company while on tour, money was coming out of his pocket, i think he should do his solo album with his special guest's and what not, Duff seemly is getting loaded back together for a new album and a mini tour, does this involve dave kushner, i reckon matt will hang around slash for his solo album,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

If VR falling apart meas STP, AND Guns N Roses reform. Then I will be satisfied

Advertisement