Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strong bread flour

• 25-01-2008 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I want to buy strong bread flour in 10 kg or 25 kg bags , you have to be a business to join a wholesaler , anyone know how to get some?:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

fantootie wrote: »
    I want to buy strong bread flour in 10 kg or 25 kg bags , you have to be a business to join a wholesaler , anyone know how to get some?:(

I'll second your request

anyone have any info???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

You dont have to be a business to get a Musgrave card. If you know someone that has their own business, it doesn't matter what business as long as they are registered for tax (VAT number) then they can apply for a musgrave card and you can use it. (Just pay in cash for what you want).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Fegans cash and carry on Chancery St. in Dublin do 15Kg bags of Odlums strong and extra strong, and they'll sell to anyone. Just say it's a cash sale when they ask for your account number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fantootie

Thanks all for the help , joined laydens cash and carry last week no problem once you are paying cash.
    They only had the bog standard 2kg bags in packs of 8 , I bought some but I didn't save much.
    they had 16kg bags of odlums bakers flour but I looked on odlums site but it didn't mention it , I wounder is this another name for bread flour?.
    I will go to other cash and carrys and try their offerings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

The Odlums bakers flour is the one to use for bread, I use the extra strong one but the regular strong one is probably good too.

Bakers are people who make bread ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fantootie

Rock beer no disrespect I know bakers make bread , but they might make cakes etc.
    The reason I didn't know if it was strong flour was because it had no protein content stated on it .:)

Advertisement