Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tenant

Options
  • 25-01-2008 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Basically i moved into my new flat less than a month ago, my landlord asked for 2 references and i gave him. Now the day i moved he said he was going to put up some pictures that weekend-he didn't. It's 3 weeks now and he hasn't brought the couch over hence i can't have guests in my place. I have texted him and rang him on several occasions and his latest excuse is he's going on holidays for a week:mad:
    Right now i am really pissed! I really don't feel like paying him his rent... Which is due in 2 weeks or so, am i in the right to do this? Bearing in mind he hasn't done anything he said he would do when i moved in:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

If you're not there that long you could think about getting another place. Pay him the rent and give him the proper notice, then he can't do anything.. He might not be obliged to give you a couch but if he said he would then it's not great on his part.
    He might not actually have a couch and could be putting off buying one, hoping you'll buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Pay the rent, bite your tongue, and give him one last chance...

Advertisement