Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc world. do they have a decent variety of stock?

Options
  • 25-01-2008 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

i know pc world stock a lot of computer's but do they stock a lot of components?

urgently need to get a socket 775 cpu tomorrow by 4pm.
    im in clonmel the closest pc world to me is waterford. i dont mind taking a quick spin there if i know they have them.

hoping for something a bit decent. not a celeron but a decent speed pentium of a dual core or something.

not too expensive either. hoping to get it for about 60 max.

anyone been to pc world lately? whats the variety like?

*edit* 1000th post! :D*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

u cud try maplin in limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

hmm where's maplin in limerick? wouldnt know limerick at all apart from the army barracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

its on childers road,close to the parkway.
    Its a big retail park and its situated there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

You could also try Planet PC in waterford. Or there is another place just opposite from the tower hotel on the quay. Both of them will have it and are always well priced. Well they were when i lived in waterford. PCWorld in waterford is a kip, i used to work there, the manager is to hungry to get any components and just has pcs' laptops etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

they have 8800 ultras for 700 euro :)

lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

They're not too bad on certain things when you take the cost of postage into account from online.

I.e - a Dual Core 2160 costs about 72 inc. postage from Komplett. PC World sell it for about 85. An acceptable margin if you need it fairly quickly.

Their higher end processors are extremely poorly priced though.

For 60, I'd say all you'll get is a 775 Celeron. Pretty good chips actually, but they're single core...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

They have much better prices than Maplin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

picked up a dual core 775 for 89.99.

dabs have them for 73 delivered.
    so im pretty happy!

Advertisement