Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gifts for gf?

• 25-01-2008 2:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

dunno where to post this.

anyone know how much the chanel perfume is, new one.
    thinking that and regular choice shoes.

anything else? juice c necklace?

dont wanna spend over 250-300

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭petek

not sure about chanel, i'd guess around 50euro. theres a discount perfume place in the ilac center beside H&M
    (heres some prices http://www.kelkoo.co.uk/sbs/133501/10343570.html)

i wouldn't limit yourself specifically to one brand of shoes though, just go and buy whatever you like and think she'd like.

if i was you and wanted to spend that much though, i'd get a weekend away for just you and her. perfume might last a year, shoes might last a season, but memories last a life time!

edit: plus you get something too, its a win win situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

Check out strawberrynet.com for perfume prices.

Irregular choice shoes last way more than a season - they are very special shoes - you either love them or you hate them and I know loads of girls who love them. Check out schuh.co.uk for the latest styles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

That Victor and Rolf perfume is just fantastic, got a free sample in BT last week!! Think it's about 85- per bottle but is so hard to get..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thanks petek and co.
    i did hint a holiday and had planned to go to rome and would have cost me over 600 but she kept moaning about work and i realised she never spends much on me AT ALL so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's a somewhat recent forum for gifts - Gift & Festivity & Party Ideas

Necklace?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Popsicle

Depending on her age, my Chanel recommendation would be Madamoiselle. Its a little younger!

Can't believe you are taking in consideration that she never spends much on you at all, when deciding on her gifts though!!!!!!:D:D

shes 22
    im not like that but over the past 3 years ive spent over 300 on bday+xmas, just tired of it.:rolleyes:

Open a savings account for her!!!:D:D

Seriously though!What about one good decent designer bag? (with bottle of chanel inside - optional!)
    Every girl should have a designer bag (except, if she's the type liable to loose it!)
    You could get a nice real leather bag for €200-€250 in BT's.

cud have gotten juicy one, damn

anyway got her shoes = 95 euros
    some juicy c necklace = 125

also went into mac looking awful, those girls look like dolls !

I agree!! I mean I am all for a bit of make-up but this painted face look is disgusting!! If they are trying to sell the make-up by wearing it, there are not exactly doing a great job!!!

I'm sure she'll love her presents! Hope she thanks you now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Chance, Chanel is lovely perfume but I must say my new favourite perfume is Daisy by Marc Jacobs, I love it! It comes in a lovely bottle with a daisy shaped top and it smells gorgeous! I would really recommend it as a gift. I don't think you can buy it in very many shops (Brown Thomas, Arnotts, House of Fraser etc. all stock it) so that means that half the country won't be going around smelling like it which often happens with new perfumes.

Whatever you end up buying, I hope she likes it as you are obviously putting a lot of thought into it!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭PonyP

Chance, Chanel is lovely perfume but I must say my new favourite perfume is Daisy by Marc Jacobs, I love it! It comes in a lovely bottle with a daisy shaped top and it smells gorgeous! I would really recommend it as a gift. I don't think you can buy it in very many shops (Brown Thomas, Arnotts, House of Fraser etc. all stock it) so that means that half the country won't be going around smelling like it which often happens with new perfumes.

Whatever you end up buying, I hope she likes it as you are obviously putting a lot of thought into it!

thanks girls.
    she did love them, i actually got her better stuff last year though :)

chanel no.5 smelt awful to me. Chance is nice, maybe for valentines...
    mac: yeah they have layers of make up on. Very obviously done aswell

Advertisement