Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buyin' or sellin' the tickets now, folks

• 25-01-2008 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

So there I was tonight, outside vicar street waiting for me mates to turn up. We were going inside to see the Tommy Tiernan gig.

I had just been saying to me mate how all these people were dressed up to the nines, considering all the lights will be off and nobody will be able to see them.

Me, I was wearing my big grey adidas hoodie tracksuit and me white reeboks. A classy look.

So, next thing a very posh looking lady approached me. Her boyfriend cowered sheepishly behind her. She looked nervously at me, and said "er, sorry.....how much are you buying tickets for?".

:eek:

"nah love, I just look like a tout. I'm going ino the gig like everyone else".

Disgusted, I was. Especially as loads of people saw the incident and were all breaking their balls laughing.

I'll never live this down :p

I'll be wearing a 3 piece suit next time I go out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

You weren't actually wearing a tracksuit were you? :eek:

They should be outlawed!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

:D:D:D

Was it a good show? i am going next week and have not got a clue what he is like?

Oh yeah, Sorry! Was he any good? :D

I got his last dvd for Christmas. Didn't think much of it. Rest are great though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

A) yes i was wearing a tarcksuit. It's all about the comfort. :D

B) It's a great show. But WHY do people try and heckle him? Happened a few times tonight. There can be no outcome other than you looking like a sap!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

tallaght01 wrote: »

B) It's a great show. But WHY do people try and heckle him? Happened a few times tonight. There can be no outcome other than you looking like a sap!

I went to see Des Bishop last year and it was unreal the amount of people who heckled him..............he stopped the show till they were taken out, they were ruining the show for the rest of us.

• Advertisement

Oh that's just wrong. :(

That'd be more people in tracksuits heckling him! The posh people wouldn't dare, Whatever would the neighbours think if they heard about it! :eek: :D

At least it gave you something to laugh about anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

A) yes i was wearing a tarcksuit. It's all about the comfort. :D

Can't fault that logic.:)
    Comfort >> fashion
    Afterall something that's comfortable today is probably still going to be comfortable next week, instead of not being comfortable again until some celeb starts wearing similar items again.

Perhaps it was just that you were standing around outside, looking around for your mates (perhaps they mistook it for furtively looking around in case someone comes to tell you to clear off), that made them think you might be a tout and had nothing to do with your outfit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm pretty sure this is an MCD thing therefore you NEED to remove this NOW!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I saw that show there a week or so ago, twas good! and yes I hate the hecklers too, eejits

Your tracksuit thing reminded me of 'overheard in dublin' - An American couple on O'Connell Street were looking for directions and someone overheard the lady say 'why don't we ask that athelete over there' while looking at a guy in a tracksuit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Cathooo wrote: »
    I saw that show there a week or so ago, twas good! and yes I hate the hecklers too, eejits

Your tracksuit thing reminded me of 'overheard in dublin' - An American couple on O'Connell Street were looking for directions and someone overheard the lady say 'why don't we ask that athelete over there' while looking at a guy in a tracksuit :D

ha thats funny:D

same when i went to see podge and rodge, people where done up to the nines aswell, felt outa place so i did!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I'm pretty sure this is an MCD thing therefore you NEED to remove this NOW!!!

I don't think he is.

edit: just checked the MCD site and the gob****e isn't on it so the thread should be fine bar the fact that he is crap

Ah deadly then... For some reason I thought Ticketmaster = mcd, but then again I am rather thick ;)

Guess where I'm heading tonight with my lady then? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wait... did you actually refer to woman as 'love'?

That's pretty horrific... I hate when people call me that...

Wait... did you actually refer to woman as 'love'?

That's pretty horrific... I hate when people call me that...
    You love it really, don't you poppet? :D

Also, I dunno why, but one of the cops in Superbad reminds me of you MF...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Y
    Also, I dunno why, but one of the cops in Superbad reminds me of you MF...

Shut it, McLuvin!

hey, spreadin the love is no crime, monkeyfudge.

Those cops in superbad would understand that :D

I arrested a man-lady who was legally named Phuck
    superbad_l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Me, I was wearing my big grey adidas hoodie tracksuit and me white reeboks. A classy look.

All that was needed to round your evening off would have been the announcement "is there a doctor in the house?", you duly present yourself in your gangsta get up and the next announcement is "is there a real doctor in the house?". :p

cuckoo wrote: »
    All that was needed to round your evening off would have been the announcement "is there a doctor in the house?", you duly present yourself in your gangsta get up and the next announcement is "is there a real doctor in the house?". :p

I was once walking down grafton street with me mate. Both in our tracksuits with our post-night-out heads on us.

This oul one walks up to us and asks us to do a market research survey on tea or something. I would always just say no thanks. But me mate agreed.

She was lovin his chat about how he drives his white hiace all around the country fixing the cash registers in betting shops. Gave her loads of banter about how he's emminently qualified, coz he's tasted tea in every bookies in Ireland.

Then she turns to me. "What age are u?"

"I'm 30"

"What do you do for a living"

"I'm a doctor"

"No, but seriously"

"I am"

"Look, if you're not going to take this seriously..."

"I AM taking it seriously"

"OK, so what do you work at?"

"A doctor"

"I just don't understand how your friend can be so nice, and you can be such a messer. It was just a simple question. You're just embarrassed becuase yo're probably unemployed"

*lady storms off with her clipboard muttering to herself*

I mean I don't look THAT bad. I think :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

pics and we will let you know!

Plus your thread just went for a little walkies!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

emo!! wrote: »
    ha thats funny:D

same when i went to see podge and rodge, people where done up to the nines aswell, felt outa place so i did!:rolleyes:

Ah sure it's a night out for some people, why not get dressed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 like.no.other

So there I was tonight, outside vicar street waiting for me mates to turn up. We were going inside to see the Tommy Tiernan gig.

I had just been saying to me mate how all these people were dressed up to the nines, considering all the lights will be off and nobody will be able to see them.

So, next thing a very posh looking lady approached me. Her boyfriend cowered sheepishly behind her. She looked nervously at me, and said "er, sorry.....how much are you buying tickets for?".

:eek:

"nah love, I just look like a tout. I'm going ino the gig like everyone else".

Disgusted, I was. Especially as loads of people saw the incident and were all breaking their balls laughing.

I'll never live this down :p

I'll be wearing a 3 piece suit next time I go out.

Did you mean to put this in your blog and post here in error? Or do you think posting meaningless blog type thoughts here rather then After Hours would endear you to women on the interweb?( It is that obvious btw) I fail to understand what you post is about?

It may just be me but do you want advice on a three piece suit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Eh?!

Did you mean to put this in your blog and post here in error? Or do you think posting meaningless blog type thoughts here rather then After Hours would endear you to women on the interweb?( It is that obvious btw) I fail to understand what you post is about?

It may just be me but do you want advice on a three piece suit?

What can I say. I'm busted :p

Can't believe you outed me, Columbo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

like.no.other,

tallaght01 is a regular poster here and often gives us ladies a good laugh with his tracksuit stories.. walking around trying his best to convience everyone he is a doctor... its hilarious!

If ya dont like it dont read it.

Any more comments like that and you will find yourself banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

What can I say. I'm busted :p

Can't believe you outed me, Columbo ;)

Oh, but tallaght, you had us with the fact that you save sick, tiny ickle babies. Babies! *swoon*

Now, to complete the fantasy how about you invest in an all black tracksuit, some abseiling gear and a lorry load of cadbury's milk tray. You've got enough time before you leave for the southern hemisphere (*sob*) to get around to all the ladies of the lounges' houses with boxes of chocolates.

Advertisement