Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Package Question

• 25-01-2008 4:54am

I'm making this thread after briefly flicking through Edk's WrestleMania
    thread (I read all of the first page).

Anyway,

I was wondering, can someone explain to me, in the simplest terms, how to go about getting a travel package to a Mania from Ireland.

I mean like.. the entire process. Everything that has to be done.

I've always wanted to just say "f*ck it! i'm going to Mania" but it just seems like an incredibly complex, painstakingly slow, annoying process.

Maybe its not.. Can some of you guys shed some light? (Please don't bother trying to tell me about it unless you've actually went and got it yourself. I wana hear from experience, not from what you heard from someone who heard it from someone else who seen it on a youtube video where the guy heard it from his dad and so forth.)

Also, i have a few questions in relation to this.

1) I've never left Ireland (Don't even have a passport. Sad but true) so if i go to mania, I wana explore ye olde US. So, as part of the travel package, do WWE include your flights?
    or do you sort that out yourself? Obviously if i were doing it i'd want to stay for longer so i could go and do other stuff instead of just going to mania and straight back on the plane home again.

2) Do These travel packages exist for the Royal RuMble?
    of all the events i'd like to go to, the RuMble is at the
    top of the list.

3) I know there are different packages. Bronze, silver etc. etc.

My question is: which package is the best (i think platinum, but im not sure) and what kind of seats does this package offer? I dont want to pay a load of €€ to look at the back of an audience and have to watch the event via the titantron.

4) How much € does this kinda thing cost overall? If i got the best package, how much would i be spending overall (excluding spending money. Just how much core money would i need to comfortably cover getting there and back again)?

5) In Edk's thread, you guys started talking about using 4 credit cards and stuff, so i was wondering.. does each person have to have a credit card? or can one credit card cover as many people as you want? May be a silly question, but it just sounded confusing.

6) for anyone who did the whole package deal.. are you happy you did it or do you regret it?

Phew... thats a helluva lot of stuff.. but if anyone can help me out here, it would be great.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I went to WM 22 in Chicago,didnt do the package deal though,(just said to myself if I can snare a ticket,I'll go!) :D

Got the ticket,booked flights and stayed in Rosemont for a few days (stayed at my cousins for the rest of the trip). Collected the tickets at the ticket office no problem,just showed credit card and passport - sorted.

Went to Raw the next night (AllState Arena had 'Mania and Raw two nights running). Think flights,tickets and hotel for the few days cost less than a grand,but be sure to have a nice bit of spending money unless you want the credit card to take a pounding!! :eek:

Its unreal bud,you wont regret it,I'm jealous at the lads that are going this year,oh nostalgia!! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I decided to do exactly that KKV! At 1000 on the morning of the presale, I said, feck it I'm going :)

So Im going to WM 24, and to be honest, it was alot easier than I thought. The presale password was available on boards.ie so everyone was able to get decent tickets. Once the tickets were boight, It was only a matter of looking for flights and accomodation like any other holiday :)

I cannot wait...always wanted to go since I was a kid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

1) I've never left Ireland (Don't even have a passport. Sad but true) so if i go to mania, I wana explore ye olde US. So, as part of the travel package, do WWE include your flights?
    or do you sort that out yourself? Obviously if i were doing it i'd want to stay for longer so i could go and do other stuff instead of just going to mania and straight back on the plane home again.

No flights are not included the package is for wrestlemania weekend it inlcudes Wrestlemania tickets in the keep a chair section usually the first 6 rows, hall of fame tickets,souvenirs an autograph signing and 2 nights hotel, you can stay as long as you want before and after depending on finances

2) Do These travel packages exist for the Royal RuMble?
    of all the events i'd like to go to, the RuMble is at the
    top of the list.

Not as far as I know im pretty sure its only WM

3) I know there are different packages. Bronze, silver etc. etc.

My question is: which package is the best (i think platinum, but im not sure) and what kind of seats does this package offer? I dont want to pay a load of €€ to look at the back of an audience and have to watch the event via the titantron.

Yes platinum is the best and offers ringside seats the most you should be back is maybe 6 rows and in a 70,000-80,000 arena thats not a lot however you dont know where your seats are until you pick up your package on the friday before

4) How much € does this kinda thing cost overall? If i got the best package, how much would i be spending overall (excluding spending money. Just how much core money would i need to comfortably cover getting there and back again)?
    Thats a tough question obviously as it depends where wrestlemania 25 is, travel package cost me €1,100, flights were €530 and a hotel for 7 nights before WM weekend cost €225 and i might end up bring upto $2000 (if i can raise it) spending because i want to get some clothes and maybe some electronics etc, But the flights and hotels and stuff may cost more going to a different part of the US

5) In Edk's thread, you guys started talking about using 4 credit cards and stuff, so i was wondering.. does each person have to have a credit card? or can one credit card cover as many people as you want? May be a silly question, but it just sounded confusing.

No,one credit card can cover the lot as long as you trust the people you are going with lol

6) for anyone who did the whole package deal.. are you happy you did it or do you regret it?

Cant answer that yet but i cant see it not being unreal

"I mean like.. the entire process. Everything that has to be done".

Ok, I saw on WWE.com that travel packages were available (alittle earlier than I had anticpited) I sent an email to wrestlemania.packages@wwecorp.com

They send back an automated response which includes an application form

I printed out the form and filled it in carefully sending with it copies of the credit card holders ID and copies of the back and front of the credit card again as asked for

I then took it to the post office and tried to send it fast post I was told that would cost close to €30 and may get there by Monday (it was a friday) i took my chances on ordinary post of 74 cents i sent my application on june 30th and it still got there over the weekend as i received confirmation on Tuesday July 3rd ( and i was very happy i didnt spend €30 on it for the same thing) a few days later my invoice arrived (which you need to pick up your package along with id) so then it was happy days and the waiting game, which is actually going faster than i thought it would

So Edk, If i just wait until ye olde WWE.com mention the packages, It should be a pretty straightforward process?

Would i be covered well with €2,000?

One more question.. How limited are the platinum packages? Like, is it the kinda thing you have to buy straight away or just forget about it?

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

depending on where next years wrestlemania is on (cmon astrodome!) ill more than likely go with a package, im sure Edk will let us know what its like and if its worth it in the end but it seems like a worthwhile investment

So Edk, If i just wait until ye olde WWE.com mention the packages, It should be a pretty straightforward process?

Would i be covered well with €2,000?

One more question.. How limited are the platinum packages? Like, is it the kinda thing you have to buy straight away or just forget about it?

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice :)

Nobody is going to know how many platinum packages there are but if you are serious about going why not be in straight away?

EdK wrote: »
    Nobody is going to know how many platinum packages there are but if you are serious about going why not be in straight away?

Thats not really the problem i had in mind. I don't mind being in straight away, its the lack of notice as to when they are on sale. I never really know when they go on sale, and I sure as hell wont be checking WWE.com daily for the next year to see, either.

Does the Royal RuMble have anything like Fan Axxess or any of those kinda things surrounding it? or if you go to the RuMble, is it just the Rumble and then thats it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Thats not really the problem i had in mind. I don't mind being in straight away, its the lack of notice as to when they are on sale. I never really know when they go on sale, and I sure as hell wont be checking WWE.com daily for the next year to see, either.

Does the Royal RuMble have anything like Fan Axxess or any of those kinda things surrounding it? or if you go to the RuMble, is it just the Rumble and then thats it?

Why are you asking for it on a plate? Just check the website daily and do your research, its not that hard, do you want the guys to book your flights too? Would you like a rented car?

TBH i'm tired of answering questions on the subject especially when these packages arent out until late summer, i think i've been more than obliging so i think im done talking about WM25

The time is now baby...........

• Advertisement

forbesii wrote: »
    Why are you asking for it on a plate? Just check the website daily and do your research, its not that hard, do you want the guys to book your flights too? Would you like a rented car?

Well.. If you don't mind, it'd be pretty handy, yeah.

Couldn't sort out extended accommodation for me as well, could you?

Advertisement