Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tayto's

• 25-01-2008 5:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Here me and my mate were talking last night about those people who call every type of crisp taytos. They are silly. Dont you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

there is only one crisp and that is tayto

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

There's always one hah? Hah lads hah?
    Hah?
    Well?
    Hah?
    Best thread Ever LOLZORS!!!11!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Can't beat a pointless thread at 4am.

Tayto FTW

this is tayto were talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

jackncoke wrote: »
    this is tayto were talking about

You said it! Theres no arguing with that statement. :o

• Advertisement

An ireland without taytos would be like a polish "student" without any paintings to sell to ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

king ftw!

An ireland without taytos would be like a polish "student" without any paintings to sell to ya

What a cockarsed thing to say.

What a cockarsed thing to say.

and what wud u know Mr.Cockarse

Why you say such a think? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Even more annoying than people who call all crisps tayto, are the people who call crisps "crips", you know who you are, gob****es.

It's Dr. Bollocko not Mr. Cockarse.
    And Jack and coke is piss water.
    And it's "would you".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its only a horse Tayto.

Go to sleep.

U've hurt my feelings now,u can win.Obviously ur intelligence is far superior to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tayot are greasy and disgusting. I cant understand why people go mad for them. Seriously, whenever you talk to an irish person abroad its always the taytos and the club orange people miss.

Tayto? Id rather eat my own.. well, not I wouldnt, but it would be a close call.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Even more annoying than people who call all crisps tayto, are the people who call crisps "crips", you know who you are, gob****es.

Yeah yeah, or people who call em "cloud 9 screamers" and make a necklace like universal soldiers substituting smokey bacon taste discs for the traditional victim ear. Hates dat bay!

Jrad wrote: »
    Yeah yeah, or people who call em "cloud 9 screamers" and make a necklace like universal soldiers substituting smokey bacon taste discs for the traditional victim ear. Hates dat bay!

Ok WTF?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Ok WTF?

Sorry! Carried away! Wont let it happen again!:cool::cool: Cool dude ,yeah!:cool::cool:

U've hurt my feelings now,u can win.Obviously ur intelligence is far superior to mine.

I have no argument with you buddy.

But I object to the casual racism. I have lots of Polish mates. Sound people and hard workers. So what you said was just plain wrong.

Lets celebrate the resolvement of this little misunderstanding with the adding of chocolate to milk!:p

• Advertisement

Chilk?
    Wait a minute.
    There is already milk in chocolate.
    Thats why its called Milk chocolate.
    So what are you proposing? Milk chocolate milk?
    What are you feeding these cows?
    Its bits of other dead cows isnt it?

Chilk?
    Wait a minute.
    There is already milk in chocolate.
    Thats why its called Milk chocolate.
    So what are you proposing? Milk chocolate milk?
    What are you feeding these cows?
    Its bits of other dead cows isnt it?

Who said anything about feeding them, they are the ones looking after me!

Don't suck the milk from the one teated cow!
    It tastes like salty werthers originals.

Im not gonna let you die yet Tayto's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's a culchie thing. Probably because that's the only kind of crisp exported down there. The people that call all crisps Tayto are usually massive thick armed and thicker arsed girls in dodgy GAA jerseys that call everyone, regardless of sex, lads.

Tayto is much a nicer word than crisps. Well off an irish tongue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Like calling ever vacuum cleaner a Hoover...

Only thing I miss from Ireland is the tea, the tea here is way too weak

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

Nothing better than a packet of Taytos and a Cidona..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Your attempt at humour has failed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

"giz a package of king taytos".

true story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

jum4 wrote: »

:eek: You want to blow the arse out of your trousers do you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

It's a culchie thing. Probably because that's the only kind of crisp exported down there. The people that call all crisps Tayto are usually massive thick armed and thicker arsed girls in dodgy GAA jerseys that call everyone, regardless of sex, lads.

No don't think it is.

I have seen several Dub bints with cheap jewelery and cheaper tracksuits, with the obligatory arse antlers and open mouthed gum chewing and snotty nosed babbies whinging in piss stained buggys going into Spar and saying:

GizapackerademfcukinTayrospleaasean a packeraJohhnyBlue. I'll payyatamarraluv.

So its not just a culchie thing i would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Tayto are nasty. King are where its at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

jum4 wrote: »

Cheese and Onion Taytos and Football Special FTW \o/ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

king ftw!

QFT +1 etc. OHI THAR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

tayot are greasy and disgusting. I cant understand why people go mad for them. Seriously, whenever you talk to an irish person abroad its always the taytos and the club orange people miss.

Tayto? Id rather eat my own.. well, not I wouldnt, but it would be a close call.

Have to agree. Easily one of the poorest brands of crisps on the market altho having said that a cheese and onion crisp sandwich in fresh white sliced loaf and real butter is well nice and now I want one....dammit....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Kettle chips are to tayto as Nuke was to Hiroshima.

Almost every crisp is made from poTayto! That's a sh*t excuse though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Tayto aren't even made by Tayto anymore, they're made by Hunky Dory's. :mad:

But I agree with people above, King FTW!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Here me and my mate were talking last night about those people who call every type of crisp taytos. They are silly. Dont you think?
    Yes, the people who do this are also known as "culchies"
    Ginger wrote: »
    Only thing I miss from Ireland is the tea, the tea here is way too weak
    Might I suggest leaving the teabag in a bit longer. That usually means the tea will be stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

DesF wrote: »
    Might I suggest leaving the teabag in a bit longer. That usually means the tea will be stronger.

You'd think so, but no. It's impossible to make a decent cup of tea with the Lipton crap you're invariably served on the continent...spleagh...Just aswell I bring a 360 box of Barry's with me every time I go home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

zuutroy wrote: »
    You'd think so, but no. It's impossible to make a decent cup or tea with the Lipton crap you're invariably served on the continent...spleagh...Just aswell I bring a 360 box of Barry's with me every time I go home.

Yeah that's very true!

Was trying to make myself a cup of tea in Paris and no matter how much I stirred or how long I left the tea bag in it still looked like watery crap! I then realised my mate brought barrys tea bags so I ran down to her room, legend :D

DesF wrote: »

Or just lash three bags into the one cup

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Tayto: Ossie ossie jump the fire ossie

Gotta love into the west:p

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Chunks

GizapackerademfcukinTayrospleaasean a packeraJohhnyBlue. I'll payyatamarraluv.

hahahahahahahaha How do I get across the point that i started crying with laughter reading that? tears! honest to god tears! The others in the office are giving me wierd looks but I can't help laughing, i'm still laughing writing this.

my claim to fame: My great Uncle(my Dad's uncle) founded Tayto crisps. He's the inventor of the flavour cheese and onion too apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cheese and Onion Taytos and Football Special FTW \o/ :D

Without a doubt the best thing about Letterkenny is that and the banana flavoured one too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

I have lots of Polish mates. Sound people and hard workers.
    Here we go again, whipping out the race card........... not all priests are paedophiles, not all politicians are corrupt, not all bank managers are crooked............yawn !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Shame on you. Mr Tayto would be turning in his ridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

it shows the popularity of a brand when instead of calling the product by its name they refer to the brand. I hadn't realised that Tayto had gained that much popularity here yet for that to happen but you never know.

classic examples of brand identification of course is hoover which most people use to describe the vaccum cleaner and coke to identify the cola market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

zuutroy wrote: »
    You'd think so, but no. It's impossible to make a decent cup of tea with the Lipton crap you're invariably served on the continent...spleagh...Just aswell I bring a 360 box of Barry's with me every time I go home.

And who owns Lyons tea, yep Lipton....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Chunks wrote: »
    my claim to fame: My great Uncle(my Dad's uncle) founded Tayto crisps. He's the inventor of the flavour cheese and onion too apparently.

Is there a shrine to him somewhere that I can go visit??

I am in this man's debt!

• Advertisement
Advertisement