Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

B M W 730d

Options
  • 25-01-2008 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi all,

can anyone help please:

needed to reset service light on 2006 b M W 530

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

er get it serviced ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Cyrus wrote: »
    er get it serviced ;)

Real helpful ....

If you service the car yourself (which is perfectly fine) the service light popping on is annoying

its a lot more helpful than servicing a 06 530 by yourself, would you actually recommend that, you might aswell set fire to about 10k because noone will buy a car that new without a s/h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭GB15

g.n wrote: »
    hi all,

can anyone help please:

needed to reset service light on 2006 b M W 530

Is it a 730d or a 530d?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

its a lot more helpful than servicing a 06 530 by yourself, would you actually recommend that, you might aswell set fire to about 10k because noone will buy a car that new without a s/h

..we had this discuission on another thread. But who says he is going to sell it anyway!

i am working on the assumption that very very few people buy 70-90k euro cars and drive them into the ground

do you think im wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 g.n

GB15 wrote: »
    Is it a 730d or a 530d?

sorry 730d with i drive

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

just because you service it yourself, doesn't mean it doesn't have a service history. If it's documented, there's no problem.

Car mfrs can't even void warranty's over this anymore, legally.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

pm john cleary here with your ques......

he's got lots of bmw answers and links to sites with answers etc.............a real gent too!:p

• Advertisement

pm john cleary here with your ques......

he's got lots of bmw answers and links to sites with answers etc.............a real gent too!:p

thanks will do

i am working on the assumption that very very few people buy 70-90k euro cars and drive them into the ground

do you think im wrong?

Well if he is competent and sensbile enough to service it himself, he may be sensbile enough not to sell it after a few years and take a big hit in depreciation.

The 730d will still be a lovely car in 10 years time.

My boss actually has a 1994 S class he has owned since time immemorial... I think it was 12 mths old when he bought it. In fact I know a lot of people with big old barges that they bought new or almost new.

galwaytt wrote: »
    just because you service it yourself, doesn't mean it doesn't have a service history. If it's documented, there's no problem.

Car mfrs can't even void warranty's over this anymore, legally.

I agree with TT here. This BS about if you dont go to the main dealer (to get ripped off) to service your car stuff - i'm tired of it. And your car will be NOT be worth less, so blah blah blah to it all.

I proved this notion...........in a competitive market with loads of metal out there for sale.

I sold my nice and extremely well cared for 530D last week or so and got top dollar for it. And i serviced it myself. All personal servicing was documented.
    Also, i did a air,fuel,duel pollen and oil change (8 litres of bmw recommended long life castrol) for €145 and did the job in under an hour. A dealer would have wanted 4 or 5 hundred easy.
    The new owner was CHUFFED to get a car from a true lover of the model and marque - i.e. an Enthusiast!

Main dealer servicing is for the well healed or the lazy.:p

Main dealer servicing is for the well healed or the lazy.:p

Lovely to hear sense!

I wouldn't buy a car with no documentation, but would have no issues with a car like yours... in fact I would jump to it because it would indicate the mindset of the owner.

funny, so would i, much prefer to have a self serviced car with a folder of receipts etc

however most people dont keep that stuff!

some people self service to save money, some people do it so they know the job is done right, person b is the one id like to buy from

still, i can see an enthusiast buying a 530, a 730 caters to a different market

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can't agree more. I would choose a car with a wallet full of receipts over a stamp in the service history book. Each to their own though

funny, so would i, much prefer to have a self serviced car with a folder of receipts etc

however most people dont keep that stuff!

some people self service to save money, some people do it so they know the job is done right, person b is the one id like to buy from

still, i can see an enthusiast buying a 530, a 730 caters to a different market

agreed.........but in lets say 5 years time and over, the 730d will be affordable to the common man and then will not cater to different market. I do agree that right now it does'nt.
    I would like one in a few years. They'll be a lot of car for hopefully reasonable money in time.

hi all,

can anyone help please:

needed to reset service light on 2006 b M W 730d:confused:

thank's all for input, i have always serviced my cars on time and with genuine parts,
    why should i leave it to main dealer for app to work on it & charged top dollor
    put this do's not help me with how to reset serivce light

Agreed, stay on topic please folks!
    Did my link not help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

thank's all for input, i have always serviced my cars on time and with genuine parts,
    why should i leave it to main dealer for app to work on it & charged top dollor

There is a defo a device that plugs into Ecu that can reset that Service light. Check google.
    When, the last time someone here, went in to trade a car, and the salesman, who know damn all at the best of times, give u an extra grand for a service history?. Book price, and thats is folks. dont be codding yourselves. The owners insulate themselves at best of times by relying on that. The price BMW charge to service a car is criminal.

• Advertisement

Are you thinking of this kind of tool?
    resize?sq=160&uid=323799429&mid=82643
    Recent BMWs use a different method to reset the SI lights.

no; lots off questions but no answer's.
    anyone out there help please

Advertisement