Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Egads! Xbox finally turns in a profit

• 25-01-2008 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Seems the xbox finally started turning in a profit rather than a loss.

Article here

xbox-dollar-bill-490pxa.jpg
    with today's announcement of Microsoft's second quarter earnings which showed a relatively impressive six-month income of $524 million (compared to a $423m loss during the same period last year) from the the Xbox's Entertainment and Devices Division.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hmm.... clever accountants rather, managing to include Halo 3 sales and concealing the cost of replacing all those RROD boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why would they exclude Halo 3 sales and where does it say they left out the RROD fixes :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

and how would they be clever getting the accounts wrong, thus eventually losing their jobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Hmm.... clever accountants rather, managing to include Halo 3 sales and concealing the cost of replacing all those RROD boxes.

Hmm.... clever assumption. What makes you think the shareholders wouldn't have noticed this if it was the case yet you amazingly did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

kyub wrote: »
    Hmm.... clever assumption. What makes you think the shareholders wouldn't have noticed this if it was the case yet you amazingly did?

My tongue was firmly pressed in cheek when I made this comment. Great, so MS are making more money. I find it a little strange that they have starting doing so already, as Bill Gates always maintained that they could afford to keep pumping/losing money with the Xbox in order to supercede Sony and grab the 'home media everything' market (not just games) that is around the corner (well, maybe not in this country until BB gets sorted out).

I would prefer if they made less profit and instead invested and sorted out issues with the hardware and especially with Xbox Live - dedicated servers anyone? We'll see how things go for them this year with no Halo 3 on the horizon and the PS3 slowly building up a head of steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Feck Halo 3. There's a ton of games coming out on the 360 this year that look a million times better than Halo 3. As far as games go, they definitely don't have anything to worry about.

Personally, I know for a fact after seeing the following list (sorry for spam I know it was posted over on the Games forum) that I'll be spending way more money on 360 games this year than I did last year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223922

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

My tongue was firmly pressed in cheek when I made this comment.

Then use a smiley.
    Sarcasim in writen form.
    It just dosn't work!;)

Great, so MS are making more money. I find it a little strange that they have starting doing so already, as Bill Gates always maintained that they could afford to keep pumping/losing money with the Xbox in order to supercede Sony and grab the 'home media everything' market (not just games) that is around the corner (well, maybe not in this country until BB gets sorted out).

Nobody expected the 360 to do as well as it has, not even MS
    I would prefer if they made less profit and instead invested and sorted out issues with the hardware and especially with Xbox Live - dedicated servers anyone? We'll see how things go for them this year with no Halo 3 on the horizon and the PS3 slowly building up a head of steam.

GOW II anyone!:D

And I'm sorry, but if by "picking up steam", you mean get close to catching up on the 360 sales in the summer, before plunging down to the stage where they sold less than half the amount as the 360 did in December, then yes, the PS3 really is picking up steam!!!:p

Advertisement