Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Crime

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Check here for an example: http://www.leoakline.com/images/slidingpatio3.jpg

This is to lock the door in differnet places.

Most modern houses should have this type of door.

You are quite correct. However this is of no advantage if the house is broken into in the way as described above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

If I catch you, you'll be living the last of your days locked in my shed..

Please Mr. Bronson! Can I come out of the shed yet? The broadband signal is weak and I need the toilet;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

fishdog wrote:
    All of the thieves know how to enter a house in this way, it is quite simple. The tecnique used as described earlier is very common, I dont think the information posted will assist anyone planning on breaking in. I used to install alarm systems and most people want alarms after they are broken into. This is why I have seen so many homes after a break in (honest!). I think that it is good to have a description of the method of entry because then homeowners can see what is vunerable.
    Fishdog, there was a similar thread to this some time ago and Eoin and I took the decision then that it was NOT in the interests of residents to have details of how a home could be broken into. The last thing we need is for any sham to know there is a reference on the Board detailing how they can break in. It doesn't matter that some folk might know how it's done, not everyone does. And surely as someone how installs security systems (and therefore peace of mind) you can understand why some people do NOT want information on how to break in provided. If not, feel free to post details of how we can circumvent your alarm installations.

If you have difficulties with the moderation of the board, PM me or Eoin or both.

Fishdog, there was a similar thread to this some time ago and Eoin and I took the decision then that it was NOT in the interests of residents to have details of how a home could be broken into

As you can see from my post I respected your decision and did not post details on this. I just explained why I thought it was the wrong decision.:)

Lets not get too excited, the only information I have given is how to make a home more secure!
    PM me or Eoin or both.

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 BonnieD

Thanks Fish, found your post really helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Please Mr. Bronson! Can I come out of the shed yet? The broadband signal is weak and I need the toilet;)

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Thanks Fishdog I also found it useful!! Good to know we are able to make ours house more secure

Heading down to Dun Laoghaire tonight to have a look.!

Cheers

JB

You are welcome Bonnie & Mr. Posh

To be fair both mods sent me a PM explaining with very good reason why they made the decision that they did. This applies in particular to eoin_s.

I am sure that if you will find lots of locksmiths that sell Garrison accessories that will enhance your securtiy. I just gave Brown Brothers as one example. Dont pay anyone to fit it for you, honestly it will take you less than a minute per door and I am sure the locksmith that sells it to you will explain how to fit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Cheers fishdog,
    Will be taking the right course of action tomorrow...

Gentleman..;)

Advertisement