Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fix leaky valve

Options
  • 25-01-2008 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

Any tips or tricks on fixing a leaky tire valve. Its not a bad leak, just a pain in the nuts having to top up the same tire every 2 weeks.

I guess maybe guys like advancedpitstop could replace the valve without getting a whole new tire ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Replace it. Any tyre place could do it.

p.s. Are you sure it's the valve is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I did put a bit of "liquid" on the valve and it bubbled slightly.

Ive read you can get a tool of the net for 20quid to remove the valve and replace it yourself - is it worth the hassle. Has anyone done this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I had a puncture repaired and a valve (on a different wheel) replaced in Advance Pitstop, total cost €20. It wasn't just the valve insert either, the rubber stem was rotten and was replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Thanks guys - will go with the professionals

• Registered Users Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You could try tightening the valve insert (or installing a new one). Motor factors should have the tool and new inserts (cheap).

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement