Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Networking issue

• 25-01-2008 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Heres the story...
    I have a network with about 30 machines on it. One mobile user has out of the blue become unable to view the network. Ping tests are fine in every direction but cannot browse network. I shared a folder with open permissions on the laptop and its visible from everywhere else on the network. Its logging on to the domain perfectly and mapping all its shares perfectly but just unable to browse the network. All help and suggestions greatly appreciated.
    PS. Firewall and AV have been disabled to no effect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

you can ping the server from the workstation both ways
    when you type \\SERVERIP\c$ in the run command what happens?
    if you can connect via IP and not the DNS name

in dos type in
    ipconifig /flushdns

then try again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭allybhoy

hmm... if its not dns (which it probably isnt seeing as though it can ping and map drives etc) probably a failed service, computer browser or file and print sharing or possible virus. My advice is to check event viewer for any abnormalities and to run a full system virus scan.

Hope this helps..

Advertisement