Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just in maplin - GRE 255, 282 or 295

• 25-01-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

The 255 has 50 channels, 282 has 100 and the 295 has 1000.

Does that just mean that higher channels = more things you can pick up. Excuse my ignorance.

I think I would be interested in the 282 or 295. Would both of these be able to pick up airband?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

More channels means more "slots" to store frequencies that you want to keep. Generally though, scanners with more channels usually have better coverage as well.

The 282 and 295 both cover airband. If you see any other scanner, as long as it covers 118MHz to 137MHz or so on AM, you'll be grand for airband.

What's the price difference between the two? Obviously the 295 would be the better of those two, but have a look at some other options from Yupiteru, AOR, Uniden Bearcat, Icom etc. before you finally decide. Also you should consider what antenna you would use as there's no point spending lots on a scanner if you don't get a decent antenna to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

PauloMN wrote: »
    More channels means more "slots" to store frequencies that you want to keep. Generally though, scanners with more channels usually have better coverage as well.

The 282 and 295 both cover airband. If you see any other scanner, as long as it covers 118MHz to 137MHz or so on AM, you'll be grand for airband.

What's the price difference between the two? Obviously the 295 would be the better of those two, but have a look at some other options from Yupiteru, AOR, Uniden Bearcat, Icom etc. before you finally decide. Also you should consider what antenna you would use as there's no point spending lots on a scanner if you don't get a decent antenna to go with it.

Ok I actually got the 295. Is there anyway I just scan all freuquencies with it. I keep getting "all channels locked out" error. The manual is no good.

So basically I can't scan anything. I can only manually move up and down through the frequecies.

Advertisement