Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyway to stop an annoying twat from pm'ing you?

Options
  • 25-01-2008 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, put him on ignore, they can't PM you.

Also your signiature is broken, it should be: [url*]http://www.qualcon.ie[/url]

* Remove star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No bother. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hey - how come I can't PM togster anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Togster.. C'om on.. i only asked you to suck it... no need to get in a hissy fit about it :D

I wouldnt have sent u the pics if i thought you were going to ignore mr :D

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    Togster.. C'om on.. i only asked you to suck it...

And i did. and now you want to talk and sh!t. i told you from the start i didn't want anything serious :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just to let you know, if you are sticking a mod on ignore then it would probably be a bad idea if you frequent one of their forums.

Thanks but it's not a mod. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Just to let you know, if you are sticking a mod on ignore then it would probably be a bad idea if you frequent one of their forums.

Yeah, thats not a good idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Why would you think the annoying twat he was referring to was a mod ? ;)

And if he was a mod, and he was an annoying twat, stick him on ignore !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

togster wrote: »

Name and shame.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

oleras wrote: »
    Why would you think the annoying twat he was referring to was a mod ? ;)

And if he was a mod, and he was an annoying twat, stick him on ignore !

No reason, just thought I'd let him know that it may not be the brightest idea to stick a mod on ignore. Also, how do you know it's a he?

No reason, just thought I'd let him know that it may not be the brightest idea to stick a mod on ignore. Also, how do you know it's a he?

Twat : masculine :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You need to recheck that oleras.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

oleras wrote: »
    Twat : masculine :D

You do know what a twat is, right?

You need to recheck that oleras.
    You do know what a twat is, right?

Being referred to as a twat and, how can i put this..... romancing a twat are entirely different :D

i put yer ma on my ignore list. :D

No namin and shaming here. Just there are some awful ditch pigs around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

togster wrote: »
    And i did. and now you want to talk and sh!t.
    togster, "no talk" is one thing, but "thanks, dude!" is only common courtesy under the circumstances, ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Romancing the Twat? Didn't that star Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

He was referring to me, but seemingly was unwilling to admit it. (Come on the Internet hard men!!!)

He was PMing me saying I was retarded, a bitch, calling me a lab rat, telling me to **** off, and then getting upset when I replied. All because I questioned him on the sensibilities of riding his horse through an electric fence!

Abuse via pm is taken very seriously here and has resulted in people being banned before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

Luckystar initiated both the abuse and the pms. She is banned from equestrian at the moment.

He created this thread about me, then I created one about horses and was accused by Fits of making "veiled attacks" on him. He was persistently rude to me on this thread, talking about how it was about him. I PMed a link to this thread to Fits and was banned???

Why is it OK for him to send me a tirade of abuse, to make this thread about me, and to hijack my thread, for me to be banned? I have tried reasoning with Fits and the other mod of the Equestrian forum but seemingly this is not the age of equality.

fits wrote: »
    Luckystar initiated both the abuse and the pms. She is banned from equestrian at the moment.

He had posted about how he rode his horse over an electric fence while fox hunting, the horse fell. Both himself and the horse could have been killed, not to mention the siffering caused to the horse. I sent him this:

just read your post in the equestrian forum. for the sake of killing a fox you ran your horse into an electric fence? would you call yourself an animal lover, out of a matter of interest? what if the horse hit the stone wall and broke his legs? do you think putting your horse at such unneccessary risk is worth it for your fun of chasing a fox around?

I received this:

Eh i would say its none of your ****ing business.

And was then called a string of names.

Fits, could you tell us all why it's OK for him to make a thread about me, which he told me is about me, but I am not allowed make one about horses in cae it is a "veiled attack"? There is a Conspiracy Theories forum here...

Do I deserve to be called names just because I sent the first PM?

I tried to reason with Fits but was told I was on her Ignore list. I questioned how is she supposed to moderate a forum if she has some of it's users on Ignore.

just read your post in the equestrian forum. for the sake of killing a fox you ran your horse into an electric fence? would you call yourself an animal lover, out of a matter of interest? what if the horse hit the stone wall and broke his legs? do you think putting your horse at such unneccessary risk is worth it for your fun of chasing a fox around?

You send me some gung ho crack head PM like that and im not going to be near as polite as as togster.

From your post your pm you obv dont know sh1t about equestrian sports.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Get a room or a thread in Thunderdome. Either way LuckyStar, he didnt make this thread about you, he made it asking how to ignore PM's ... from what I can see you outed yourself as the "twat" he was referring to.

Thread Closed.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement