Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skype Phones and international coverage

• 25-01-2008 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I'm not too ofay with these new skype phones, so could someone please answer some questions i have....

1) can these be used anywhere in the world, where there's wireless internet connection?

2) is it jus like using skype from a pc? skype to skype free, and a small charge to mobiles etc...

3) how do networks, like 3 make money from this? is there a charge?

4) will it work with any wireless network, like, say a house with wireless?

5) would you recomend these for somone who's heading off traveling, or just stick to normal moble?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

Hi, i'll try answer some of your questions.

1) No. The skype phone does not have wi-fi. It can only be used on the 3 network in Ireland, UK, Italy, Austria (and Australia??) [someone might want to verify them countries]. Skype doesn't work with roaming.

2) It's just like using Skype from a PC but there is currently no skype out. So to ring mobiles and landlines you make a call as you would from any mobile phone.

3) On 3Pay you have to top up by 10euro to get 30days free skype. You can spend that 10euro on phone calls, texts, etc. Not sure the exact details on bill pay.

4) No. The phone doesn't have wifi.

5) If you're travelling to the countries with 3 coverage then it might be worthwhile if you make alot of skype calls, otherwise I wouldn't think so.

For more details check out this faq http://www.3skypephone.com/english/faq.html

Advertisement