Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best of Raw DVD

• 25-01-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭

Oh this looks good, lots of great moments:

For 15 years fans have looked forward to the over-the-top sports entertainment every Monday night, and WWE Raw has always delivered. The longest-running original entertainment show in television history, with more than 700 episodes, the show has had its share of wild and unforgettable moments, both inside and outside the ring, including Brian Pillman pulling a gun on Stone Cold Steve Austin, Edge and Lita's live sex show, D-Generation X's invasion of WCW, the shocking McMahon purchase of WCW, and more. This 4-disc DVD set shares those moments with fans of all ages. Get ready for sports entertainment history, including:

Disc 1
    First RAW - Jan 11, 1993
    Mr. Perfect vs. Ric Flair Loser Leaves WWE Match - Jan 18, 1993
    Parking Lot Brawl - May 10, 1993
    Razor Ramon vs. The Kid - May 17, 1993
    Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Jannetty Intercontinental Championship Match May 17, 1993
    Gorilla Monsoon Fires Bobby Heenan - Dec 6, 1993
    Bret Hart vs. 1-2-3 Kid WWE Championship Match - July 11, 1994
    The Search for The Undertaker - August 1994
    King's Court with William Shatner - Jan 9, 1995
    Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart - Nov 20, 1995
    Vader attacks WWE President Gorilla Monsoon - Jan 22, 1996
    A Touch of Goldust - May 27, 1996
    Pillman's Got a Gun - Nov 4, 1996
    Mankind vs. The Undertaker No Holds Barred - Dec 9, 1996
    Shawn Loses His Smile - Feb 13, 1997
    The Ninth Wonder of the World - Feb 17, 1997
    Original ECW Invasion - Feb 24, 1997
    Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog WWE European Championship Match March 3, 1997
    Bret Speaks His Mind - March 17, 1997
    Flag Match - United States vs. Canada - July 21, 1997
    Stone Cold Stuns the Boss - Sept 22, 1997
    Bret Screwed Bret - Nov 17, 1997
    Sable in a Sack - Dec 8, 1997
    Gold Meets Water - Dec 15, 1997
    Christmas with DX - Dec 22, 1997

Disc 2:
    Tyson and Austin - Jan 19, 1998
    DX Special Report - Feb 2, 1998
    Dumpster Diving - Feb 2, 1998
    Formation of the New DX- X-Pac Returns - March 30, 1998
    Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon - April 13, 1998
    DX Invades WCW - April 27, 1998
    DX Nation - July 6, 1998
    Zamboni 3:16 - Sept 28, 1998
    The Debut of Mr. Socko - Oct 5, 1998
    McMahon¿s Cement Corvette - Oct 12, 1998
    Bang 3:16 - Oct 19, 1998
    Mankind wins the WWE Championship - Jan 4, 1999
    Stone Cold Beer Truck - March 22, 1999
    Monster Truck vs. Town Car - April 19, 1999
    Mean Street Posse vs. the Stooges - May 10, 1999
    The Greater Power Revealed - June 7, 1999
    Y2J - August 9, 1999
    Rock: This is Your Life - Sep 27, 1999
    Bossman Sympathy - Nov 8, 1999
    What Happens in Vegas¿ - Nov 29, 1999
    Jericho not the new Champion - April 17, 2000
    Shane Purchases WCW - March 26, 2001
    Milk-o-Mania - August 20, 2001
    Triple H Returns - Jan 7, 2002
    Past Meets Present - Feb 18, 2002
    Worlds Unite- Bischoff Hugs Vince - July 15, 2002

Disc 3:
    "The Rock" Concert - March 24, 2003
    Kane Unmasks - June 23, 2003
    Musical Chairs with Eugene - July 5, 2004
    Evolution Turns on Randy Orton - August 16, 2004
    Are you ready for some wrestling? - Nov 22, 2004
    Batista Turns on Triple H - Feb 21, 2005
    Shelton Benjamin vs. Shawn Michaels - Gold Rush Tournament Match May 2, 2005
    John Cena Drafted #1 to RAW - June 6, 2005
    Edge / Lita Wedding - June 20, 2005
    Shawn Michaels turns on Hulk Hogan - July 4, 2005
    Jericho is Fired - August 22, 2005
    Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle - WWE Iron Man Match - Oct 3, 2005
    A Stone Cold Homecoming - Oct 3, 2005
    Eric Bischoff Trial - Dec 5, 2005
    Edge / Lita - Live Sex Celebration - Jan 9, 2006
    DX Impersonates Shane and Mr. McMahon - June 26, 2006
    Edge vs. Rob Van Dam vs. John Cena - Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship - July 3, 2006
    Edge vs. Shawn Michaels - Street Fight - Jan 22, 2007
    Shawn Michaels Returns! - Oct 8, 2007

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

it is good but the third disc made me cry as there are great moments on the first 2 discsand the third is relatively meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Whats on the fourth disc?...whens it out?

There are only 3 discs, not sure when its out here but if you have a region free dvd player you can get it off cdwow etc

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

ec18 wrote: »
    Whats on the fourth disc?...whens it out?

If you buy it off Silvervision you get a fourth disc with the first ever Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This a good addition to any DVD collection.

• Advertisement

If you buy it off Silvervision you get a fourth disc with the first ever Raw.

Worth the extra tenner plus?

HMV has ridiculous prices on a related note Hogan dvd is 45, WM 23 is 50 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

EdK wrote: »
    Worth the extra tenner plus?

HMV has ridiculous prices on a related note Hogan dvd is 45, WM 23 is 50 etc

Silvervision and Walmart in the states are the only ones with the 4 disc edition,I ordered a few dvds off Silvervision to get the 10% off,worth it too see how far Raw has come I guess.

disc 2 looks like the best of the 3 discs on paper but it will be ruined by the bluring out of the attitude logo. its like the foley dvd i have. the 2nd disc has some great matches on it but the bluring out of anyting with the attitude logo on it includeing cameramen with wwf t-shirts and people in the crowd wrecks my head!

anyone else have a problem with JC being right up the front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

No. He's the biggest star on Raw. Makes perfect sense I thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I’ve seen discs 1-3 also have the bonus disc but its just the first raw and not very interesting too me. I think its the best DVD set WWE have ever brought out

The first disk is the best for sure the flair vs. Mr perfect match, HBK vs. Marty Jeannette for the IC and 123 kid vs. Bret hart. The second disc is great too but the 3rd is kind of meh but still very watch able! I recommend anybody to order from WWE shop zone cause it works out cheaper and you don’t have to wait delivery from Ireland is usually only 5-10 days too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

pingu_girl wrote: »
    123 kid vs. Bret hart. .

As an 8 year old, I was very conflicted watching that match. Didn't have a clue who to root for as they were my two favorites. Great match though.

Fozzy wrote: »
    No. He's the biggest star on Raw. Makes perfect sense I thought

But he's not the biggest star RAW has ever had....Austin should really be on the front

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

But he's not the biggest star RAW has ever had....Austin should really be on the front

^^^^^^^^
    +1

This is definitly a must buy set though

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Yeah but they wouldn't want to make their present day top guy look inferior to a retired wrestler from the 1990's.

Yeah but they wouldn't want to make their present day top guy look inferior to a retired wrestler from the 1990's.

Who still gets a bigger pop than the present day top guy...or the Rock....he'd get the loudest pop of all if he put in an appearence

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Who still gets a bigger pop than the present day top guy...or the Rock....he'd get the loudest pop of all if he put in an appearence

But the WWE wouldn't admit that. If I had the choice I'd have Austin at the front but that's not how the WWE does it. They don't want the current guy to be overshadowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

But the WWE wouldn't admit that. If I had the choice I'd have Austin at the front but that's not how the WWE does it. They don't want the current guy to be overshadowed.

Because they're in the business of making money. More current fans are going to buy the DVD than older fans, and more current fans are fans of Cena's than Austin's. It's just a minor minor example of WWE's marketing strategy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Some classic matches alright, Owen vs Bulldog is great as are the Bret/123 Kid and Michaels /Janetty.

Disc 3 shows us how WWE today is just not quite as good as it once was. It doesn't even have the Flair/Edge TLC match, instead it has the DX LOLZ Comedy Hour, and it seems like an hour too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got my 3 disc edition this morning(bit of a impulse buy and forgot bout the ole 4 th disc,but ive the 1st raw on a disc)
    Haven't watched much of it yet,have to say the hologram cover is pretty cool.
    The original ecw invasion angle was excellent and well covered and the king didn't pull any punches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The coverage of the original ECW invasion right off the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD. The 3rd Disc has quality matches, HBK/Edge and Angle/HBK are awesome. Musical Chairs with Eugene was funny. Odd how Cena is on the front of the 3rd disc box and he is only on the DVD once. I think Edge or a second HBK cover would have been more appropriate. All round great DVD, 2nd disc is the best, it has Milk-o-Mania.

The coverage of the original ECW invasion right off the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD. The 3rd Disc has quality matches, HBK/Edge and Angle/HBK are awesome. Musical Chairs with Eugene was funny. Odd how Cena is on the front of the 3rd disc box and he is only on the DVD once. I think Edge or a second HBK cover would have been more appropriate. All round great DVD, 2nd disc is the best, it has Milk-o-Mania.

I guess even after seeing a dvd 3 or 4 times u forget stuff :confused:

any easter eggs on this dvd people know of?

Advertisement