Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

119 Howth Road, Anyone see the sign?

Options
  • 25-01-2008 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

This thing has been bugging me for a few months. There's a long sign stretching the length of the land of the property with a discussion between two people. Its very obscure what they're talking about. :confused:

I did a google search and came up with the website http://www.119howthroad.com thats even more confusing, it says that all will be revealed on 5th February.

Anyone know wtf this is about??? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I saw that, I assume it's just another exclusive development, maybe with a concierge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Yeah, looks very bling. The discussion looks like an extract of two w@nker builders, sorry... developers half pissed conversation in Harry Byrnes.

I'd imagine the sign on the Howth road is park morketing, part bling and part self congratulating, pat yourself on the back crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Just goes to show, there used to be a stampede to buy property before a single brick had been laid. Now developers have to actually market their developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

blah wrote: »
    Just goes to show, there used to be a stampede to buy property before a single brick had been laid. Now developers have to actually market their developments.

Good point, never thought of it that way. At least its not as bad as the Belmayne campaign. Did you see the pics? Would you like them as your neighbours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

lightening wrote: »
    Good point, never thought of it that way. At least its not as bad as the Belmayne campaign. Did you see the pics? Would you like them as your neighbours?

Jaysus, that Belmayne one was terrible... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's quite distracting at night coming from town when it's all lit up - I wonder did they apply for planning permission for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

blah wrote: »

They always did before, maybe you just didn't realise. I've been invited to the launch, company behind it is something like Errisford Developments. Probably won't go though because as others said the conversation thing is just annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

I've been following it for a while now. I don't think it's a development. I've been past it on a bus and there's not much land, jus a biggish garden and a house. I hope it's not a development of houses, at any rate, it's too clever for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

New development, on the 5th of feb there will be an exclusive launch to intice people.

Simple as really!

Presume it's this:
    http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=6486/06&backURL=<a%20href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=640596>Search Criteria</a> > <a href='wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=824695&StartIndex=1&SortOrder=APNID:asc&DispResultsAs=WPHAPPSEARCHRES&BackURL=<a href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=640596>Search Criteria</a>'>Search Results</a>

Permission at this site 119, Howth Road, & Part of rear gardens ( which are within the curtilage of Protected Structures) of 65, 66 and 67 St Lawrence Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Development to consist of demolition of the existing house, outhouses, garden buildings and associated walls and construction of a four level apartment block comprising 9 no. one-bedroom units, 45 no. two bedroom units and 5 no. three bedroom units totalling 59 units with balconies to most apartments on east, west and south elevations and balconies/terraces to the northwest and to the south east elevation all over basement accommodating 110 no. car park spaces and 59 no. bicycle spaces plus gym facilities area and swimming pool with glazed pyramid above with surrounding water feature in landscaping roadway footpaths walls railings and associated site works. Access to the development is via the relocated vehicular access at 119 Howth Road.

• Advertisement

**Edit**

Oh :(

That's the planning application, it's apartments.It's a standard new homes launch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Had someone in the car who lived on st Lawrence road recently,apartently the builder has been in talks with them for a while trying to strike a deal,mucho money involved. Doesn't help the owners involved that the rest of the owners,whose backgardens will be overlooked, hold the ace card with the planning,I think it's going to cost the developer a packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Jaysus, that Belmayne one was terrible... :eek:
    Amen to that brother.

I heard the marketing-droid responsible for it being interviewed on the Mariane Finucane show recently and I felt a sudden, irrational urge to fire-bomb the radio-centre in Montrose.

To me, the scheme signaled the tipping point in the Irish property market. You know they're in trouble when they need to use sex to sell bricks.

As for 119, I was wondering about it myself. Wasn't it terrible that someone went down that sign with a stanley knife around 1.36am ish on New Years' Day? Tsk tsk tsk, shocking.

"Are we ready yet Patrick?"
    "Just filling the brown bags Mr.W"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭constellation

A quick look at the HTML of the site linked above reveals

<meta name="keywords" content="119, Howth, Road, 119 Howth Road, Clontarf, Dublin, Dublin 3, Ireland, Hotel, Spa, Luxury, Stylish, Upmarket,">

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I had some involvement in this and I understood that apartments were planned on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

As for 119, I was wondering about it myself. Wasn't it terrible that someone went down that sign with a stanley knife around 1.36am ish on New Years' Day? Tsk tsk tsk, shocking.

Now why would anyone need a Stanley knife with them at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Im so curious at this rate
    been seeing that like everyday on the bus home
    Well,we'll find out soon enough,prolly just apartments or a hotel or something equally unexciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Wait,no my sister just said its apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I reckon its pretty nifty advertising, something out of the norm anyway. Always assumed it was apartments.

• Advertisement

Or basically what JDivision said a few days ago ;)
    jdivision wrote: »
    Presume it's this:

Permission at this site 119, Howth Road, & Part of rear gardens ( which are within the curtilage of Protected Structures) of 65, 66 and 67 St Lawrence Road, Clontarf, Dublin 3. Development to consist of demolition of the existing house, outhouses, garden buildings and associated walls and construction of a four level apartment block comprising 9 no. one-bedroom units, 45 no. two bedroom units and 5 no. three bedroom units totalling 59 units with balconies to most apartments on east, west and south elevations and balconies/terraces to the northwest and to the south east elevation all over basement accommodating 110 no. car park spaces and 59 no. bicycle spaces plus gym facilities area and swimming pool with glazed pyramid above with surrounding water feature in landscaping roadway footpaths walls railings and associated site works. Access to the development is via the relocated vehicular access at 119 Howth Road.

I think it's something different as well, something fun. I'd be interested to see the "night of activity", maybe on the way home from the Superbowl on Sunday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Who ever designed their web-site should be taken out and beaten with hose-pipes.

It's slooooooooooooooooooooow. So slow in fact that I lost interest at about 20% when loading.

So it's an apartment block with its own spa and concierge service. Big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,358 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Have you see nthe pyramid in the centre courtyard.
    Pretty much a direct copy paste and scale down from the louvre
    Its really bad architecturally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah but the glass pymarid is the ceiling to the swimming pool - pretty cool.

Don't get me wrong, it's not for me but I can't see anything wrong with it.

I mean if people are going to develop property schemes then what - you'd rather a giant block of shoeboxes?

As regards the marketing, they have to work to sell their apartments now, so what?

I mean if no-one built any new apartments or houses then you'd all be living with your parents and a 2 bed gaff would cost 5 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 vbboardie

it just gets better and better..............

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Just out of curiosity how much are these Apts going for...?I did not see a price anywhere on the site.

Dub13 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity how much are these Apts going for...?I did not see a price anywhere on the site.

If you have to ask you cant afford it!!:D

In around the €1M

-VB-

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am not sure who would buy an a Apartment for around the €1M mark you would get a nice house for that.But somebody must be paying it.

• Advertisement

Dub13 wrote: »
    I am not sure who would buy an a Apartment for around the €1M mark you would get a nice house for that.But somebody must be paying it.

You would be supprised at the amount that are

Advertisement