Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

119 Howth Road, Anyone see the sign?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I wounder what the maintenance fee is...it must be big with all that crap as extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Wow, the music on the website is a real headwrecker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Dub13 wrote: »
    I wounder what the maintenance fee is...it must be big with all that crap as extras.

If ya consider all the extras as ''crap'' you obviosly have no intention of buying there, not that i assumed you hade a spare €1m floating around in your back pocket. But sure isnt it very Irish saying somthing negitive than positive?:rolleyes:

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Dub13 wrote: »
    I'd say it's off the scale, what with the 24 hour concierge, gym, etc.

I don't think they'll shift these units so easily. Aside from the current slump, people buying at the luxury end of the market won't be impressed by the lack of privacy that comes with such shared facilities such as a garden and pool.

There are already some cracking 'bargains' to be had on the Howth Road in terms of period detached houses.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Volvoboy wrote: »
    If ya consider all the extras as ''crap'' you obviosly have no intention of buying there, not that i assumed you hade a spare €1m floating around in your back pocket. But sure isnt it very Irish saying somthing negitive than positive?:rolleyes:

-VB-

Yes I do conceder all the extras to be ''crap'' and even if I did have a spare €1m floating around I would much rather spend it on a house.Maybe its just me but I can not get my head around these top end Apartments,they change hands for crazy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

"Mr. W you c*nt, what have you done"
    "Patrick, it's all gone t*ts up"

http://www.tribune.ie/property/article/2008/oct/26/deposits-returned-as-68m-luxury-howth-scheme-is-pu/

"Mr. W you c*nt, what have you done"
    "Patrick, it's all gone t*ts up"
    Oh how I laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Oh how I laughed.

Same here. I don't like to see people loose money, but the pomp and self congratulatory manner in which this was presented makes artull_codgers post one that I can't help laughing at.

I think this project was the pinnacle point of hubris of the property boom.

I can't recall a more self-congratulatory marketing scheme for any product or service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I think this project was the pinnacle point of hubris of the property boom.

I can't recall a more self-congratulatory marketing scheme for any product or service.

I know. Quoting themselves (I presume) as they planned their development in Harry Byrnes and then printing it on monster bill boards only to fail. I am cringing so much for them right now, my ears are meeting at the back of my heads.

They were so cock sure of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 hotd

What's the story with the hoarding at 119 howth road ??
    New messages have just appeared

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

"I think we're bankrupt Mr Brennan"
    "Oh ****, guess we should've seen that one coming"

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 desres

119 Howth Road has been lying empty for a few years now. The same developer bought a site at 169 Killester Avenue for 3 million euros (Irish Times 21st July 2005). Rather a lot even then for two-thirds of an acre. He applied for planning permission for 31 apartments and an underground carpark. That was turned down. Then he applied for permission for 24 apartments but that didn't work out either. In 2008 he applied for permission for a mix of 14 houses and apartments. An Bord Pleanala haven't given their final decision on that yet.

The site is surrounded by incredibly ugly blue hoarding and it's been adorned with 7 posters for Ronan 'We Need Change Now' Callely. Ronan is allowed do that if he has the owner's written permission. Links between developers and Fianna Fail have not gone away!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hotd

Ronan is learning to chase the youth vote fast. He has signs posted outside St Pauls wishing all students the best of luck in their exams.
    Would be politicians take note.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Resurrecting an old thread but someone has dug up the launch video of 119 Howth Road by Gerry Ryan. An interesting artifact of the Celtic Tiger:

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Wow. What a find! Amazing stuff being said there oceanclub!

There has been a teaser ad there for a while on the hoarding, bad design, wrong choice of font, half falling down, cheesy double entendrer sexual stuff. What the actual ad was for never materialised (either).

The absolute nadir of the madness - all the ingredients were there - multi million Euro OTT enigmatic marketing campaign, Gerry Ryan as MC-slash-fluffer at the promotional launch and an apartment complex that included a helicopter pad.

The saga of the whole enterprise in itself is worthy of becoming either a buke or filum.

Advertisement