Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Royal Rumble PPV (Spoilers)

• 25-01-2008 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

The Royal Rumble Match
    Its being talked about in every thread, we might as well talk about all the matches here.

Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy (WWE Championship Match)
    The Main event, like most people i think its been booked brilliantly over the last few weeks, and its the first main event in a good while that i really cant wait for.Prediction Orton to win unfairly. Talked about it in other threads so not going into great detail.

Rey Mysterio vs. Edge (World Heavyweight Championship Match)
    Im really looking forward to this i think its going to be a very solid match, which will give edge real credibility as champion, also i think it will give him even more heat as a heel if thats possible. Prediction Edge to win, Think Chavo may interfere.

MVP vs. Ric Flair (Career Threatening Match)
    its not been given enough time to develop, promo's from MVP have been bad, adding nothing to the match, Flair should be on raw feuding with someone. A match that i hope will be good on the night but i dont think so. Prediction Flair to win Clean.

Chris Jericho vs. JBL
    Another match that is getting some excellent build-up, some good promo's, and two wrestlers we know who can put on a good match, interesting to see if this feud will continue til WM. I hope so, think these two guys could put up an excellent string of matches til WM. Prediction Jericho to win but JBL to give him beat down after fight.

The Royal rumble match
    HHH to win looks the most likely but thats why im hoping he wont, wouldnt mind undertaker to win, Shawn Michaels would be a great curve ball, MVP not sure if hes doing double duty. Prediction HHH to win :( , HHH coming out number 13 would be great then i get all the super prizes in the Royal rumble #1 Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Would love to see the WWE shake things up with a Hardy win but I suspect Orton is the guy they want at WM24 so I'd agree with you that he will win unfairly. Hopefully whatever happens they won't hurt Jeff (like having Orton pin him clean) as it will mean the previous few weeks have been a gigantic waste.

Should be a good match although the result is predictable. Edge to win clean I imagine.

Don't have high hopes for this I must say. I expect Flair to win probably via holding the tights or something similar.

Chris Jericho vs. JBL

I've liked the build prior to this week's Raw but I still think it will be a good match. I think JBL might get the win via a DQ.

The Royal Rumble match

SuperHunter at Wrestlemania in a title match is as predictable as the sun rising in the morning (barring an act of God as happened last year) so he's either winning the Rumble or becoming a number 1 contender at No Way Out.

Based on the way they've pushed him down our throats, I'm going with SuperHunter to emerge victorious.

Nepotism ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

My head tells me that no matter how much momentum Hardy has right now, he still won't get the belt. However, I'm gonna go with my heart and say that Hardy will win and will get a short title reign, losing at No Way Out. Has the potential to be a really good match.

If the crowd get into it, this could be match of the night. Edge to retain.

I think this will be a good match, with the crowd helping it along in MSG. Flair to win by small package.

Chris Jericho vs. JBL
    I think this feud will be a long one so I'd expect JBL to come out on top albeit in a screwy way.

The Royal Rumble match

Just on the Rumble, it just shows how far the WWE have buried Foley by the way they have portrayed him in this. He's not even an afterthought.

I think Triple H will win.

This could be a very memorable show I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

UnderTaker is almost certain to win the Rumble as of last night!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

now Foley is talking about retiring again. who will care about seeing that? WWE aren't going to give him a platform for it. Vince never really liked him and now he has had the last laugh on him. Foley is smart enough to see what's going on, so maybe he's perfectly happy to take the cash and just doesn't care about the way WWE have buried him.

I think HHH will win the rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

UnderTaker is almost certain to win the Rumble as of last night!.

It would be good from my perspective if he did but i think HHH will win it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Hardy to get a title win cleanly and keep the feud going till No Way Out. I just see no other way to keep this feud going until No Way Out. Orton needs someone to challenge him at this PPV as I believe we will see a RAW elimination chamber for the number one contender spot at wrestlemania. We all know Orton is going to wrestemania as champ though. I say cleanly as I'm predicting too many other non clean finishes later on. Expect another mega spot from Hardy at the end.

Edge wins it, uncleanly through interference from either the Edgeheads or Chavo. I think Chavo setting up a feud with Rey until Wrestlemania involving the ECW championship.

Flair wins, again I think uncleanly. I'm thinking Matt may return and stop MVP using some dirty tactics of his own allowing Flair to get the roll up with the tights. This sets up the Matt v MVP Wrestlemania program and allow Flair to move on to bigger things.

Chris Jericho vs. JBL

I expect this feud to go for all three PPV's (Royla Rumble, No Way Out, Wrestlemania), with JBL then moving into the title picture. For that reason I expect a JBL victory at wrestlemania and therefore with the idea of that being a grudge/rubber match I expect a JBL victory here and Jericho winning at No Way Out.

The Royal Rumble match

Undertaker. HHH will get screwed my the McMahons somehow, HHH and Mrrr.Kennedy will screw each other somehow.

The only problem I see in all that is I have no idea what Batista is going to be doing around wrestlemania time, maybe he could be the man to take out Flair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

now Foley is talking about retiring again.

He's not really. That talk came from a report in the Observer but it was corrected recently: "To correct a report we made last week regarding Mick Foley retiring, it was only a prediction by Brian Fritz and not an actual announcement by Foley. Foley did however make indications on a radio show that retirement could be a possibility in the near future."

Jeff to win

Edge to win. This is a match I've been looking forward to since Edge became champ

Flair obviously enough, maybe due to Matt Hardy doing something

Chris Jericho vs. JBL

JBL getting the win

The Royal Rumble match

CM Punk to win and headline Wrestlemania versus Chavo for the ECW title. Failing that, the Undertaker to win

I'm not saying Foley or anything should win. It's just I think that it's wrong and a little bit sad that WWE have pretty much relegated him to a guy of no importance. Mick Foley in a Royal Rumble should mean something, not just thrown out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not saying Foley or anything should win. It's just I think that it's wrong and a little bit sad that WWE have pretty much relegated him to a guy of no importance. Mick Foley in a Royal Rumble should mean something, not just thrown out there.

I do think Mick has had a lot to with that himself. In a lot of ways he's too nice for his own good. If Vince calls and asks Foley to do a bit with Coach then he'll more than likely agree to it, whereas take a guy like Austin, he's very careful what he will do as was seen with the Coach/Austin deal that never went down (I know he claimed an injury but I personally find that hard to believe)

I do think Mick has had a lot to with that himself. In a lot of ways he's too nice for his own good. If Vince calls and asks Foley to do a bit with Coach then he'll more than likely agree to it, whereas take a guy like Austin, he's very careful what he will do as was seen with the Coach/Austin deal that never went down (I know he claimed an injury but I personally find that hard to believe)

Maybe but I think Austin has more of a choice at what he can do than Mick has.

It's pretty clear to me he's on the outs in the WWE. The way they position him now is very different to how it was in 2003 for example. If they wanted to make Mick Foley a big deal for a couple of shows a year, they could. Instead they have him do meaningless stuff with no build up or hype or anything.

It probably didn't help that he was negotiating with TNA and from Vince's point of view using TNA as a bargaining tool. Also the book that he wrote last year may not have gone down well either.

I didn't see all of Raw but did Foley even get mentioned as a contender or get a 30 second promo? Aside from that though, everything they have done to build this show up has been largely very good. I'm watching now a video package they did for the Rumble on ECW and it's great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 The Great One

having not seen Smackdown for a few weeks im wondering why so many people seem to think Undertaker is going to win the rumble? didnt he win it last year? Although it does actually make sense to me as i expect HHH to get screwed in the rumble and not win it as most expect. I also expect there to be a SD rumble winner and Raw to then have the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out when Trips will finally win and get his WM title match, meanwhile Jeff will lose his rematch with Ortan in a Ladder match.

p.s does anyone know where this event can be viewed online? via Sopcast prehaps

Re-Foley: most likely wont happen but when foley first turned up recently to help himself and Hornie get a rumble spot the commentators immediatley mentioned that Vince disliked foley and that this wouldent help matters. maybe, just maybe they arnt building Foleys rumble participation b'cos post rumble they might build Foley vs Vince at WM after some altercation between the two at the RR. just a thought

TGO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I think it'll be Orton retaining the title, although I'd love to see Jeff winning especially after the last few weeks, but I'll stick with Orton to win. Should be a good match.

I haven't watch too much of Smackdown (The whole Edge/Vicki thing just has me a bit confused), but I think Edge will retain.

Ric Flair to win, cleanly or by DQ.

Chris Jericho vs. JBL

JBL to win by DQ.

The Royal Rumble match

Triple H.....simply cos I can't think of anyone else in the rumble that would actually win lol. Just hope he's number 6 ;)

Hopefully there will be a few surprises. Will have to wait til Monday night to actually watch this unfortunetly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Chris Jericho vs. JBL

JBL to win by DQ.

Although i do agree Jericho will lose, if he does, that will be lost to Orton, lost to JBL at the last 2 PPV's. He's back to square one if thats the case, losing matches all meaningful matches left, right and center. I thought he'd get a push, and no longer be around the fringes. He's lost his last 7 PPV matches, and the last time he actually won at a PPV was November 2004. Whats the point in having him if he never wins a match. BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Here are the current 25 wrestlers already quailified for the Rumble:

Umaga
    Snitsky
    Hardcore Holly
    Mick Foley
    Cody Rhodes
    Santino Marella
    Carlito
    Shawn Michaels
    Ken Kennedy
    Triple H
    Hornswoggle
    The Undertaker
    Batista
    Kane
    Finlay
    Jamie Noble
    Great Khali
    Mark Henry
    Chuck Palumbo
    John Morrison
    The Miz
    Shelton Benjamin
    Big Daddy V
    Tommy Dreamer
    CM Punk

5 places available, any guess as to who they will be? Maybe another will join that list in a match on heat before the show.

Big Show has already been backstage at one or two Raw tapings and Killings is reported to have officially signed for WWE so there are two possibilities. Maybe some legends will show up....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Does anyone know where we can watch this tonight on the net?

Someone who won't be in the Rumble is
    Big Show, according to Dave Meltzer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Melion wrote: »
    Does anyone know where we can watch this tonight on the net?

edit: PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

edit: PM sent

CAN U PM ME THAT AS WELL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That link seems to be a Zango thing that is full of spyware.

I'd advise anyone who uses it, to uninstall it as soon as you're finished using it and run a full virus/spyware scan.

The Bull wrote: »
    CAN U PM ME THAT AS WELL

done... ill do the same for anyone else if they want and would have posted the link but im not sure if such a link is allowed to be posted as its a nudge nudge wink wink dont pay for the PPV type site.
    That link seems to be a Zango thing that is full of spyware.

I'd advise anyone who uses it, to uninstall it as soon as you're finished using it and run a full virus/spyware scan.

edit: thats true it is a Zango thing so its up to yourselves if you want to use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Hey Bounty Hunter would you mind sending that link on this way too.

I've been sitting here trying to get through to sky Box Office for the last 30 mins with no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

CAN U PM ME THAT AS WELL

same here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

CAN U PM ME THAT AS WELL

I would appreciate a PM of that link too please!!

done... ill do the same for anyone else if they want and would have posted the link but im not sure if such a link is allowed to be posted as its a nudge nudge wink wink dont pay for the PPV type site.

I think you can post the link here, the soccer board often has streams posted and they're some of the strictest mods over there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Can you PM it to me as well please.Cheers lads.

Jeff Hardy v Randy Orton

Randy Orton to escape with the title via double countout after Jeff puts him through the announce table with a whisper in the wind or swanton bomb.This is supposed to be the match of the night.

Royal Rumble Match

Triple H to win this.I predict the last 4 will be Taker,Kennedy,HBK and HHH with HHH possibly eliminating Taker after Kennedy inadvertently screws Taker setting up a match for Wrestlemania or HHH eliminates HBK.

Surprise entrants could be Ron Killings and maybe even a few of the florida Championship Wrestlers.What are the chances Sheamus O Shaughnessy debuts.Also,probably D.H Smith will appear as one of those 5.

Flair v MVP

Doesn't take rocket science to figure that Flair will win either cleanly,dirty or Matt Hardy screws MVP leading to their feud for WM with the US title.

JBL v Y2J

Going with a Jericho win by submission only for Y2J to refuse to release the hold leading to the decision to be reversed which should not ultimately matter as Jericho leaves JBL in a heap.

Rey Mysterio v Edge

Edge to win as one of the Edge-heads does a swich-a-rooney with Edge a la Kurt Angle while the referee is knocked out.Expect Chavo Guerrero to play a part in the events leading up to this OR the ref is bumped and Chavo knocks Rey out with the ECW belt and covering Rey with Edge for the slow 1 2 3

Fozzy wrote: »
    I think you can post the link here, the soccer board often has streams posted and they're some of the strictest mods over there!

Cheers Fozzy, that will save me PM'ing loads of people if tthe past 15mins is anything to go by

http://live-nba.org/Royal_Rumble.html
    its currently showing Smackdown Pre-Rumble

I think there might be other streams doing the rounds if this doesent work for anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

add me to pm list aslo plz

the link is in the thread now... my previous post above (the screen just cut from SD to a blackscreen hopefully this is just before the Rumble starts)

edit: its back with Rumble promos on so should work fine

blackbelt wrote: »
    What are the chances Sheamus O Shaughnessy debuts.

Very very slim I would imagine!

• Advertisement

What are people considering the piss break/food making match on this Card?

That link actually working for anyone?

I was getting a black screen with sound.

I refreshed and now it can't find the frequency.

What are people considering the piss break/food making match on this Card?

I dunno, probably the entrance to one of the matches. JBL vs Jericho if it's not first

im getting slighly concrned that the ealier link isnt going to switch to the Rumbel even though SD's about to end just ncase here is another stream that is currently just a loop of the rumble ad
    http://live-nba.org/Royal_Rumble3.html

Now it's playing Edge Vs Punk from SD!!

I say playing, I get about a second of movement and sound and then a still for a minute or two.

I'd say their bandwidth is well maxed out at the mo.

I'm getting the sound from one of these: http://ustream.tv/channel/wwe-royal-rumble-sportsonpc or http://ustream.tv/channel/smacktalksorg---royal-rumble (password is smacktalks.org). Picture might come soon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 alanmurf88

hey i'm watching it now on streamsmania.com. excellent quality even though it is $4.95. still better than paying 22 euro for box office!

Talk freely, I'll edit the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try here, poor but better than nothing. Link here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

woops sorry about not adding the spoiler to thread title, thanks fozzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can't get any to work, I give up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

woops sorry about not adding the spoiler to thread title, thanks fozzy

I did the same thing with the pool 2 thread and he fixed that for me aswell.

Our hero Fozzy *swoon*

ShaneU wrote: »
    I can't get any to work, I give up.

Me too.

Goodnight all and happy hunting for those streams!

Come on number 7!

The second link I posted with the password works fine. Crap audio but I've seen worse video quality before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Can't get a good enough stream, giving up. Thanks for the protected one Fozzy, but it was just starting to wreck my head. Probably get a live recording off a mate tomorrow. Night folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Proxy wrote: »
    Can't get a good enough stream, giving up. Thanks for the protected one Fozzy, but it was just starting to wreck my head. Probably get a live recording off a mate tomorrow. Night folks!

I checked that one it works fine.

Make sure to turn off all other applications that could be draining ur bandwith!

yayamark wrote: »
    I checked that one it works fine.

Make sure to turn off all other applications that could be draining ur bandwith!
    It says about:blank :rolleyes:

good work finally a good quality stream and to think I was going to go to sleep

Wont work for me, the box has the red x in the corner obviously meaning I dont have the capability to play it. Any help?? What will get it working for me??

• Advertisement
Advertisement