Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Royal Rumble PPV (Spoilers)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Wont work for me, the box has the red x in the corner obviously meaning I dont have the capability to play it. Any help?? What will get it working for me??

I'm having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WiDGe->

anyone see the freak in the yellow t shirt beside the entrance ramp on the right hand side?!? looks like he's took some potent cocktail of shrooms, ether and speed - he's having spasms everytime he's on camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wont work for me, the box has the red x in the corner obviously meaning I dont have the capability to play it. Any help?? What will get it working for me??
    You need to download sopcast, and use internet explorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

WiDGe-> wrote: »
    anyone see the freak in the yellow t shirt beside the entrance ramp on the right hand side?!? looks like he's took some potent cocktail of shrooms, ether and speed - he's having spasms everytime he's on camera

Yeah, he's pretty freaky! I don't think we should post anything about the matches or results in this thread though, most of the folks using it are trying to find a way to watch the event and even though it has a spoiler warning it wouldn't be fair on them to check for tech advice and have matches ruined. We could start another thread for people who are watching the ppv though I guess, put a big spoiler alert on it so people don't get mixed up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Have to say that the way that match that finished there (wont say it) was probably the worst finish i have ever seen a complete let down

Like where did that come from, the announcers had sothing to say, the crownd were like ?
    Ruins the rest of the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Here we go !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

ShaneU wrote: »
    You need to download sopcast, and use internet explorer.

Thanks! Done what you said, only problem now is it wont buffer, even with nothing else running!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yayamark wrote: »
    Have to say that the way that match that finished there (wont say it) was probably the worst finish i have ever seen a complete let down

Like where did that come from, the announcers had sothing to say, the crownd were like ?
    Ruins the rest of the show

couldent agree more they missed a step there.... Rumble match time!

Thanks! Done what you said, only problem now is it wont buffer, even with nothing else running!!!

it takes a few minutes

• Advertisement

The PERFECT ring announcer for the match! Wait for it.......

Michael Buffer is class!

"Lets get ready to rumble"

Great start taker hbk first 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

and we have no.1 & 2 and what a way to start indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

this is my first time watching wrestling in years decided to stay up and watch it and oh my god what a start

That's nearly as funny as when the Hurricane tried to take out HHH and Austin at once!

Harpy wrote: »
    this is my first time watching wrestling in years decided to stay up and watch it and oh my god what a start

oh welcome, welcome to the world of angry girlfriends who are not impressed with u staying up late to watch "its not even real" :rolleyes:

:p

• Advertisement

Dammit! My pool guy is gone already!

Fcuk it, COME ON HORNSWAGGLE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

oh welcome, welcome to the world of angry girlfriends who are not impressed with u staying up late to watch "its not even real" :rolleyes:

:p

i'm a girl but my bro is watching it and im just back from america so my time is all messed so said id stay up..when i was younger i was in love with jericho and that why i stayed came in and he was on..aw who's the little guy he's so cute...aw he's hiding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭The Arbiter

I got batista he should have a good run looks like hornswoggle will be in for some time.

I got chuck palumbo in the pool, i've lost already :D

Is the midget still in the match?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Jesus, was anyone else shocked by #30?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

good old predictable wwe....

jc now thats good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Melion wrote: »
    Jesus, was anyone else shocked by #30?

Yeah, only good thing on the show so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Great comeback tbh. I never saw hornswaggle get eliminated though

has to be jc

Gonna be a draw methinks

Just as i hit post Cena throws HHH over, Cena wins

has to be HHH

does it?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

That was awesome~!

• Advertisement

has to be HHH

good call:D

And right back into the title picture. Right back to where we were six months ago

chdpoker wrote: »
    does it?

where did i say that read my post again!!

where did i say that read my post again!!

Nice try dude! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

WWE has shocked me for the 1st time in years

ya i know:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

im suprised they kept it secret considering everything else they have done has been leaked on the internet. Didnt like that he won though. straight away it's back to the unbeatable Cena thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

WWE has shocked me for the 1st time in years

same here , im delighted it wasnt hhh again , hopefully HHH wont hav a title match at WM, it gets a little boring:rolleyes:

The return of SuperCena straight back into a title match is the only thing I can think of that would be worse than HHH winning it. The worse of two evils as far as I can tell

• Advertisement

orestes wrote: »
    The return of SuperCena straight back into a title match is the only thing I can think of that would be worse than HHH winning it. The worse of two evils as far as I can tell

Cena's capable of better matches, and he's a nicer guy. I'd much rather have him there. I only hope he actually is recovered and that he won't drop his title shot in the next couple of months. Unless it's to Jeff I suppose. Although Jeff looks kinda useless now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can we get a full run down of what number each entrant was?

I want to see what loser I got!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

back to cena every raw beating everyone with the same four moves every week with the same boring promos...oh dear god the wwe just got rubbish again.

In the words of the old ecw fans "same old ****...change the channel"

joe123 wrote: »
    back to cena every raw beating everyone with the same four moves every week with the same boring promos...oh dear god the wwe just got rubbish again.

Four moves? Cena has more than four moves, ignoring the fact that the number of moves has absolutely no relation to how good a match is. I don't think he's going to be wrestling every week, it'd be a bit risky considering he's back something like four months early

Entrants:
    1. Undertaker
    2. Shawn Michaels
    3. Santino
    4. The Great Khali
    5. Hardcore Holly
    6. John Morrison
    7. Tommy Dreamer
    8. Batista
    9. Hornswoggle
    10. Chuck Palumbo
    11. Jamie Noble
    12. CM Punk
    13. Cody Rhodes
    14. Umaga
    15. Snitsky
    16. The Miz
    17. Shelton Benjamin
    18. Jimmy Snuka
    19. Roddy Piper
    20. Kane
    21. Carlito
    22. Mick Foley
    23. Mr Kennedy
    24. Big Daddy V
    25. Mark Henry
    26. Chavo Guerrero
    27. Finlay
    28. Elijah Burke
    29. HHH
    30. John Cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yep Tommy Dreamer.

Can't see him getting a WM main event spot any time soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Fozzy wrote: »
    Four moves? Cena has more than four moves, ignoring the fact that the number of moves has absolutely no relation to how good a match is. I don't think he's going to be wrestling every week, it'd be a bit risky considering he's back something like four months early

You do realise you dont have to take that literally? I hate the guy. He is annoying and I find his wrestling and his persona boring. "here comes the superhero who can beat anyone". And he might have more than four moves but he is very limited in the moves he uses.

Most of his matches are him shoulder blocking and clotheslining...and falling around the ring only to get back up and win.

I hope hes not wrestling every week because hes god awful.I actually found myself enjoying the wwe for the first time in ages the last while.

It will cheer me up to hear the "cena sucks" chants again even though hes supposed to be the face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I thought Orton winning was crap - but firgured it would happen, as I thought the long term plan was for Orton vs HHH at Wrestlemania - but with Cena winning they either have to move him to Smackdown (unlikely) or put him straight into a fued with Orton - so what happns with Triple H?

The only real solution I can see is for Cena to fued with HHH for a month based on the Rumble, with Hardy continuing against Orton; then switch it up for the WM countdown. Boring, but its the only way i can see it playing out.

joe123 wrote: »
    You do realise you dont have to take that literally? I hate the guy. He is annoying and I find his wrestling and his persona boring. "here comes the superhero who can beat anyone".

I used to feel the same way, I stopped watching WWE for a good while mainly because of Cena. But then 2007 happened. His matches last year weren't anywhere near as boring or as repetitive (apart from the result I suppose) as his matches in 2006. The guy's got talent

I found it funny the way the crowd popped big for him when he came out, until they regained their composure and remembered that they're meant to be the cool New York fans who boo faces

Plans for HHH...either he'll wrestle Batista or he'll get thrown into a triple threat Raw title match. Batista's more likely I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fozzy wrote: »
    I used to feel the same way, I stopped watching WWE for a good while mainly because of Cena. But then 2007 happened. His matches last year weren't anywhere near as boring or as repetitive (apart from the result I suppose) as his matches in 2006. The guy's got talent

I found it funny the way the crowd popped big for him when he came out, until they regained their composure and remembered that they're meant to be the cool New York fans who boo faces

Plans for HHH...either he'll wrestle Batista or he'll get thrown into a triple threat Raw title match. Batista's more likely I think

True - still surprised there was no 'begining' to a 'Taker fued with Edge, as that would sort smackdown out. the one hing I would have against HHH - Batista is that it would more than likely involve Batista going over to Raw (cause HHH isn't going to demote himself to the 'B' show)- which takes yet another of the stars off SD!, who would be left? Edge, Taker and....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Noooooooo say it ain't so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

His injury was expected to take between 7 months to a year to heal and he's back after what 3? I wonder if he is fully healed and if he will compete at the Mania at all. This could easily be another WWE/Vince stunt. A surprise appearance at the Rumble will generate huge interest for WWE. Don't be surprised to see Raw do huge ratings tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement