Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Royal Rumble PPV (Spoilers)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Minto wrote: »
    You don't understand my frustration MNG! We were promised a Cena free WrestleMania. You can't believe how screwed by WWE I feel right now.

Now it's going to be a show worth watching! Actually that reminds me VR is going to be raging at this news. :D
    Mikel Jr. wrote:
    can't stand cena. would much rather hhh in the main event at wm. orton vs cena, 2 wrestlers with no personality and the worst promos

13 year olds all over the world probably had an orgasm when his music played

LOL Cena has no personality huh? Well he's doing remarkably well for a guy with no personality. So's Orton.

I think the 13 year olds orgasmed when Ken Kennedy came out. :)

They're probably weeping now over the news since they feel Cena can't wrestle and has no personality. Oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

krudler wrote: »
    did anyone else have a good laugh at the MSG crowd crapping all over Rey

No I thought the crowd hurt the match by doing that. Just a typical MSG crowd. They like "tough" good guys. I remember Edge getting frosty responses in the passed there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Now it's going to be a show worth watching! Actually that reminds me VR is going to be raging at this news. :D

It was always going to be worth watching, but it was going to be nice to not see Cena on the card.

As for VR, if he'd known Cena was only gonna be out 4 months, I wonder would he have still cracked open that bottle of champaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

where is VR anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

As far as I know, he is still finding his smile. I haven't talked to him since we were planning our new years edition of the podcast, which never happened. I think he'll be coming back in Feb or March, but weather he'll grace the PW forums again, who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Minto wrote: »
    It was always going to be worth watching, but it was going to be nice to not see Cena on the card.

As for VR, if he'd known Cena was only gonna be out 4 months, I wonder would he have still cracked open that bottle of champaign?

c'mon they have struggled big time to sell tickets for this years mania and the PPV buyrate would have been at record low levels. At least now that cena is back normality will be restored

Cena is the top guy in the WWE by a mile, having Triple H in the main event at mania for the 500th year in a row would not make good business sense and would not draw buys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

rossie1977 wrote: »
    c'mon they have struggled big time to sell tickets for this years mania and the PPV buyrate would have been at record low levels. At least now that cena is back normality will be restored

Cena is the top guy in the WWE by a mile, having Triple H in the main event at mania for the 500th year in a row would not make good business sense and would not draw buys.

totally agree, Cena is Hogan for a new generation, hes improved massively but i hope he doesnt get another 2 year title reign it got really stale (but yet added value to the belt, odd that)

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the PPV buyrate would have been at record low levels. At least now that cena is back normality will be restored

I don't know what you base that on. He draws at house shows but his impact on a pay per view basis is minimal. It's an interesting anomaly. It could be down to the fact that the fan base that he draws from.

Now in saying that, he's their top star so if he's injury free, it's right to put him in the top spot. It should be interesting if Cena bounces the rating if he appears on Raw over the next few weeks. Something Triple H failed to do when he returned, as did quite a few others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I bet they're hoping for a post Rumble rating bounce. Interestingly when Benoit won in 2004 there was a noticeable improvement...

January 5, 2004 - 3.5
    January 12, 2004 - 3.6
    January 19, 2004 - 3.3
    January 26, 2004 - 4.0 (night after the Rumble)

Also with Batista a year later...

January 3, 2005 - 3.4
    January 10, 2005 - 3.8
    January 17, 2005 - 3.8
    January 24, 2005 - 3.8
    January 31, 2005 - 4.1 (night after the Rumble)

There wasn't much improvement for Rey and Taker's wins but they were SD guys and maybe casual fans didn't figure there's be much point in tuning in.

Last week's Raw rating was a 3.5. Considering there will be a buzz about Cena's shock return and win I reckon there's good reason to expect a bump so I think it will be around a 3.8 rating. Anything lower would probably be considered disappointing since he's their star guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

I cant help but feel sorry for jeff hardy. He had a huge momentum going into this and now its as if hes just been dumped and back comes cena straight back into the title picture.

"Lets forget about jeff whos done really well the last while, whos thrown himself off crazy heights and put on good matches. Cenas back now thanks jeff but no thanks."

Even though its not his fault it makes me dislike cena even more. The guy just has no personality..well his character doesnt.

"same old ****...change the channel" ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Oh how I jumped for joy when his washed up ass got thrown out! Shove that up your arses you Cena hating Triple H fanboys!

!

Somehow I reckon hhh knew he was going to be thrown out no? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Only finished watching the Rumble a few mins ago, just watched bits of the matches beforehand.

I was very, very surprised when I saw Cena. First I thought it was an impersonator, the way his head was down when he came out. Really didn't expect it at all, especially with all the talk that Cena wouldn't be back before WM....Oh Vinnie Mc, how you have fooled us all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

NOBODY could have predicted that...the one thing i hope and pray for is that Orton retains at Mania if, as many suspect, its those two.

And even if Hunter is involved with it being triple threat, Orton still needs to win IMO.

That character HAS to get over Cena at least for now. Or else we're back to square one with little or no realistic challengers to him.

Cena's been a great champion before but strong foes need to be built to pose a consistently serious threat to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

what time's raw on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

2 am Monday night/Tuesday morning for the live show on sky sports 3, I think they do repeats during the week but I'm not sure when they are on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

cheers , thought was on round now but not in the sky listings for some reason:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Possible No Way Out
    Check out the picture for No Way Out on wwe.com...

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/feature/29062/6235842

Looks like Jeff ain't out of the picture just yet.

Loved the Snuka/Piper bit... thought that was the highlight of the match :)

Had a great start to it, was just annoyed at the end that there was nothing clearing up Hornswoggle not being eliminated.

Was Finlay a contestant in it or did he just come out to help HS? I don't remember there being a countdown before he appeared but I could be wrong.

I was almost certain they'd have some stupid bit of Hornswoggle eliminating Kahli or something

steveland? wrote: »
    Loved the Snuka/Piper bit... thought that was the highlight of the match :)

Had a great start to it, was just annoyed at the end that there was nothing clearing up Hornswoggle not being eliminated.

Was Finlay a contestant in it or did he just come out to help HS? I don't remember there being a countdown before he appeared but I could be wrong.

I was almost certain they'd have some stupid bit of Hornswoggle eliminating Kahli or something

Apparently Finlay was disqualified for jumping the gun and for using his shilaleigh (how the hell is that spelled?!) and the dwarf wasn't sent over the top rope so wasn't eliminated as far as I know.

Might wanna spoiler alert that picture though man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

orestes wrote: »
    Apparently Finlay was disqualified for jumping the gun and for using his shilaleigh (how the hell is that spelled?!) and the dwarf wasn't sent over the top rope so wasn't eliminated as far as I know.

Might wanna spoiler alert that picture though man
    Yeh sorry, edited mine so ya might want to spoiler the quote in your post :)

Whoops! :o

I'll get the hang of this stuff one day I swear! Cheers man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭A-Train

Great Rumble loved the Superfly - Piper bit. In the end as its been said I suppose the lesser of two evils got the win.

Could see the end of the Hardy Orton match but still annoyed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Great Rumble. Some good matches in there too.

JBL Y2J was cool. I hadn't really been following the feud, but the video package before the match made it look epic. Enjoyed the match too.

Great return from Cena, totally out of nowhere. I certainly won't mind him being champ after mania.

It was good to see Snuka and Piper in the rumble alright. Especially Piper, he's looking well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just watched Edge Mysterio and The Rumble, as my download went a tad wonky.

Edge Mysterio was a very good match which had an unbelievably bad ending. Will WWE ever allow Edge look even half credible as champ? 4 reigns and he hasn't looked remotely good at any stage with a good clean win in a PPV.

The Rumble itself was a mixed bag for me. Ill admit that when HBK and Taker went i was pretty much resigned to a HHH win. Ill also admit that I loved the Cena return. Now, I will never be his biggest fan, but i loved it. For the first time in a long time, WWE didn't blow a comeback with weeks of advertising. This was a genuine shocker. Maybe now the Cena fanboys will be happy again, seeing as most of them seem to fancy him first, think he is the bees knees second. Like someone else said above, i thought it was an imposter as well with his initial stance. It was fantastically done.

Funny, first 19 Rumbles, number 30 never wins. The 20th and 21st both are number 30.

Should make a for a good run in to Mania now. Cena, whether we like it or not, is the WWE franchise player, and they needed him to main event what will be a huge Wrestlemania. The only shame is that they really do not have another marquee name to go against him. Cena Orton, or Cena HHH doesn't have the same appeal as say, Cena Rock or Cena Austin.

My main problems with the Rumble is it did not help out any storylines, or develop anything new. God help us, may it may have started a Taker Snitsky feud though. Also, I hate pointless nostalgia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It was good to see Snuka and Piper in the rumble alright. Especially Piper, he's looking well.
    Seriously?
    I have a big beer belly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

gimmick wrote: »
    My main problems with the Rumble is it did not help out any storylines, or develop anything new. God help us, may it may have started a Taker Snitsky feud though. Also, I hate pointless nostalgia.

I'm pretty sure it may have started a Taker Micheals match at Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Not sure about that simply as I doubt HBKs ego will allow yet another WM loss.

He is as things stand the most beaten wrestler in WM history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

gimmick wrote: »
    Not sure about that simply as I doubt HBKs ego will allow yet another WM loss.

He is as things stand the most beaten wrestler in WM history.

But who is he to question god's place for him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Terry wrote: »
    Seriously?

I hate using this phrase, but that deserved it:

LOL!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

Didn't expect see to Cena back at RR let alone winning.

I hope HHH stays away from the title picture and isn't involved in a title match at WM but i doubt it will happen.

I'd like to see Cena V Y2J at WM for the title

Terry wrote: »
    Seriously?

Didn't need to know :p

I meant he is looking well after beating cancer and all....

I meant he is looking well after beating cancer and all....

Aside from the huge belly, he did look good. His face looked 10 years younger than the last time I seen him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it may have started a Taker Micheals match at Mania.

i think it'll be Taker v Edge at Wrestlemania. they are going to try and spin it as a streak v streak match seeing as Edge never actually lost in a singles match.

i enjoyed the rumble. i was rooting for Batista to win for some reason.

Advertisement