Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stickers from van door

Options
  • 25-01-2008 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

anyone know how to remove glue from a van door. there were stickers on it and i took them off with a hairdrier.

the glue is still there so there must be something that can remove it

P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

did you try WD40? might work - very good for removing tar etc. spray some on and wait for it to work for a few mins and them wipe off well.

might work for you...........best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

IPA, isopropyl alcohol (aka iso-propanol) sometimes works. Used as a "switch cleaner" on electical equipment because it doesn't normally leave a residue when it evaprorates.

I use it as a general degreasing clean up chemical and used to use it to clean paintwork to make sure that stickers stuck on properly ;) But beware it will remove the surface of some paint finishes or leave a mark on the paint so test somewhere like inside the back doors first.

Some chemists stock it if you can't get it from one of the electonics component suppliers like Farnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

most common thing to use is petrol -spray or dab it on and it reacts with the glue but can get messy -elbow grease needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

knighted wrote: »
    most common thing to use is petrol -spray or dab it on and it reacts with the glue but can get messy -elbow grease needed

A lot of nasty stuff in petrol now since they had to take the lead out (if that wasn't bad enough) so while I'm sure it will work I'd take extra precautions and wear gloves and try not to breath the fumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Label-Off 50
    Aerosol product for removing all adhesive labels and their glues, even those that have been burnt on by UV reaction. Available from any good paint shop or cleaning shop.
    Chemical solvents amy damage the paintwork and waxes on the van's door.

• Advertisement
Advertisement