Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 4th Round thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Elano off, Danny Sturridge. This lad is special. Bagged a hattrick in the FA Youth Cup the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Worst celebration ever by Sturridge

What a hit! I told ya he was special! Sven the master

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Xavi6 wrote: »
    What a hit! I told ya he was special! Sven the master

A Man City mate told me bout that chap nearly 2 years ago, been waiting for him ever since!

Archimedes wrote: »
    A Man City mate told me bout that chap nearly 2 years ago, been waiting for him ever since!

Yeah he's missed the last 8 months through injury. His first game back was that youth cup game the other day. He's not even match fit!

Deservedly out. 'Deflating' performance

And before any smart arse says it, "Balloon, you saw me standing alone".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Taken from another forum.

To the tune of 99 balloons ;)
    99 blue balloons
    Floating on a football pitch
    Cross comes in, poor Michael Ball
    Cannot see
    A white football
    From 32 to 33
    Could only happen, to City
    Bertie Magoo starts to cry,
    As 33 trophyless years go by

And there's the first person to have a 'pop' :D

Ah now, there's no need to feel deflated. :D

I wonder how many balloon related puns this thread will have before it begins to run out of air?

Ah now, there's no need to feel deflated. :D

I wonder how many balloon related puns this thread will have before it begins to run out of air?

I already used deflated two posts up so looks like you've run out already.

I'm sure more people are going to want to rub(ber) it in

• Advertisement

Apologies Xavi, I missed that.

I won't be rubbing it in.

But you have to admit it was damn funny though.

Oh I do. Hilarious and typical thing to happen to us. Difference wit us City fans is that we'll have a laugh about it and take it in good spirit. Can't say the same for fans of some other clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

can i see the highlights of todays games anywhere?? with my odd sleeping pattern due to late night poker playing i missed everything and only woke up about 45 minutes ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

kryogen wrote: »
    can i see the highlights of todays games anywhere?? with my odd sleeping pattern due to late night poker playing i missed everything and only woke up about 45 minutes ago!

Yeah, I just got home to find that Match of the Day isn't on??? There's nothing on ITV or RTE either. Surely someone bar Skysports are showing highlights?!?!

Here's the City goal for you anyway. Counts for f*ck all but great hit from the young lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

How did he make a mistake? The ball hit two balloons and bounced awkwardly as a result
    So if a ball hits not one but two bobbles in front of you and bounces funny instead of rolling you should be able to judge where it's going with a striker up your arse? Come on now

There's no way a ****ing balloon would deviate the path of a bouncing ball. They were a visual hazard, Ball was put off by the fact the ball bounced through the balloons, not because the ball bobbled when it hit a balloon!
    And that was a red there for Martin. Ireland got sent for the same thing against Spurs.

Stephen Irelands tackle was much worse than that - Martin had studs showing alright, but not the same tackle at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

even sven seems to agree that it was bad defending and not ballons, taken from BBC -

"But we should not blame the balloons as we should have done better."

simple as this lads, this was balls fault, he miskicked the football completely, i dont care if it was a divot, another player or a f**king balloon, he made a hash of it and will suffer the jokes as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL at Homerjay2005 that goal was partly down to the baloons putting the defender off and if wasn't United's rival's and especially Ball you would see that but sadly your post is blinded the red tint.

I know that if that happened to Vidic you'd be blaiming the baloons, rivalary is good but blindness because of Rivalary is just sad.

Villain wrote: »
    LOL at Homerjay2005 that goal was partly down to the baloons putting the defender off and if wasn't United's rival's and especially Ball you would see that but sadly your post is blinded the red tint.

I know that if that happened to Vidic you'd be blaiming the baloons, rivalary is good but blindness because of Rivalary is just sad.

so if im blinded by rivalary, what is sven blinded by? he clearly said in his after match interview that the balloons were not to blame and it should have been defended better. enough said really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Think you made a mistake there. Vidic could not have made that mistake. Not even hypothetically. :)

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Think you made a mistake there. Vidic could not have made that mistake. Not even hypothetically. :)

vidic would have slid in, taken ball, balloons, keeper, opposition and avoided the fiasco:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

and Ferdinand would have ran the pitch with the white balloon then passed to Ronaldo who would have stood on the balloon and bursted it and rolled around screaming for a peno!

and Ferdinand would have ran the pitch with the white balloon then passed to Ronaldo who would have stood on the balloon and bursted it and rolled around screaming for a peno!

but there was definate contact from the balloon, stone wall penalty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Aquos76 wrote: »
    FT: Man U 3 Spurs 1

Tevez and a brace for Ronaldo, and Keane for Spurs

still plenty for spurs to do going forward, but a good game against the best team in the league.
    still have those defensive frailities :(

mind you, ronaldo is really playing brilliantly at the moment.

he is on fire. i just hope no one puts him out:)

even sven seems to agree that it was bad defending and not ballons, taken from BBC -

simple as this lads, this was balls fault, he miskicked the football completely, i dont care if it was a divot, another player or a f**king balloon, he made a hash of it and will suffer the jokes as a result.

You can't beat a bit of selective quoting to boost your argument. The full quote actually reads -
    "I've never seen a goal like that before," said Eriksson. "The ball changed direction and the balloons played a one-two with Michael Ball.

So yes he did partly blame both the balloons and Ball

• Advertisement
Advertisement