Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the grass is in bits

Options
  • 25-01-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, first time posting in this section. just wonderng what anyone here thinks i should do. my garden out the back of my house is in ruins from the bad weather all year and my dogs running over it. is there anything that can be done without bringing in loads of top soil to start again. a brand new lawn was only rolled down on it 2 years ago.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

With constant traffic it would be hard to bring the grass back to a good condition. If its patchy in places you can try and restore those bits, but they would need to be clear of traffic to come back to a good point. If the garden is just plain muddy then you'll have to wait for the weather to improve.

Maybe stick up a picture to give us a better idea of a course of action?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

no probs. i'l take on at the weekend and see what we can do. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭John32c

Ok wait till u get a dry spell of a few days...spike it (ie fork holes in it with a garden fork) every foot or so over the entire space. This will help drainage, allevaite comapction and get maximum air to the roots. Do this a couple of times between now and end of March. Dont do it when very wet--keep off it.

When you get to mid/end march spike again then top dress with a mixture of LAWN SAND and moss peat and seed any bad areas.
    Keep the dog off it when you do this!

Feed when the grass comes through and montly through the summer!

Advertisement