Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate chip cookie recipe

• 25-01-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im being cheesy here, but I want to make my BF heart shaped cookies for Valentines. He loves chocolate chip ones (not double choc or choc and nuts or anything) so Im looking for a good recipie for them. I dont like cookies myself so its never something ive made. I know that i want them just crunchy on the edges and slightly soft/chewy on the inside.

If anyone has a simple enough recipe to pass on Id really appreciate it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've made these ones lots of time and they're great. I don't bother with the white chocolate though, I just use all plain.

http://www.odlums.ie/Recipes/R_ChocChip.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I use a great recipe for cookies that are chewy on the inside and crispy on the edges, but, although the mixture is stiff enough to roll into balls, it wouldn't work for heart shaped cookies. If you want to make them heart shaped I think you'll probably need a dough that you can roll out and cut out shapes with a heart shaped cutter. I don't know if they'd be chewy though.

This is the recipe I use:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Ever-Chocolate-Chip-Cookies-II/Detail.aspx

You can change the quantity and you can change to metric on the site. Also don't mind the photo, they don't come out looking like that. Mine always look like M&S cookies (but don't taste the same! :().

I add in extra flour until the mixture is stiff enough to roll between my hands without sticking to them.

Just did a quick google search and you might be able to get away with using a mixture that you can't roll and cut out (like mine above or Dizzyblonde's) if you oil the cutter, put it on the tray, press the dough in, and remove the cutter. The only problem with this is whether they'd stay heart shaped. If you dust the tray with flour this might help.

Dizzyblonde's recipe sounds great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I've made these ones lots of time and they're great. I don't bother with the white chocolate though, I just use all plain.

http://www.odlums.ie/Recipes/R_ChocChip.html
    That recipe mentions using porridge oatflakes - do you use them? Do they taste ok in the cookies? Seems like a bit of an odd choice to put in cookies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yes they sound like an odd ingredient but they're lovely cookies - the oatflakes give them a nice chewiness rather than being crisp all through.
    If you want them heart-shaped it'd be an idea to buy large-ish heart shaped cookie cutters (metal) and cook a couple of the cookies in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love chocolate chip cookies with oats in them. Depending on the recipe they make the cookies lovely and soft.

I didn't think that porridge oats would be considered an odd ingredient though. I know they are used a lot in American cookies so perhaps I'm just overly influenced by America!

*switches off American TV show* :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement