Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipod engraving

• 25-01-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been done before, did a quick search but didnt come up with anything. Was just wondering what, if anything, you got engraved on your ipod? and if you opt for the engraving, if it faulty can you send it back?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I didnt get mine done but wish I had.

Ps Does anyone know of a jewellers etc in (dublin) town that does this reasonably well /cheap ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I got mine engraved (well not really engraved but the same kinda thing the apple logo is done in) and it didnt work....no problem sending it back but my replacement wasn't engraved! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

Morlar wrote: »
    I didnt get mine done but wish I had.

Ps Does anyone know of a jewellers etc in (dublin) town that does this reasonably well /cheap ?

try weirs on grafton street... i dont know how cheap they are but they have the laser machine that apple would use were you to get it done by them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Girlfriends dad got one off the family for xmas and was engraved. Port was broken and they sent replacement with same engraving.

Made sure Apple they knew it was engraved and want it back like that as they were the ones who done it

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭TiptoeMushroom

I'm gonna try that shop in Grafton St to get mine engraved...
    I'm just wondering if there is a manufacturing fault and i need to send it back afterwards.... will the engraving (from a third party and not apple) affect the warranty?

Anyone have any experience with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I got mine engraved (well not really engraved but the same kinda thing the apple logo is done in) and it didnt work....no problem sending it back but my replacement wasn't engraved! :P

I have an engraved 2nd gen. Nano - when it went faulty, I set up the return on Apple's site and it brought up the option that my iPod was engraved and did I want it on the replacement. I checked the option and sure enough, the replacement had an identical engraving (different serial, so was another unit indeed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 goldholder

I came across this link when I was looking to engrave an ipod http://davidconwayjewellers.com/page9.html

I called and they quoted about €25 - €40 depending on what goes on the ipod, theres a video where you can see how they do it by machine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

My Touch arrived engraved and not working, so rang up and was asked if I wanted the same engraving on my replacement. New one arrived a few days later, engraved and working

Advertisement