Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1995 Toyota Celica

Options
  • 25-01-2008 5:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking about changing from my Golf to a Celica. Basically just looking for peoples opinions on them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

I had a 2.0lt GT Celica, dream to drive, heavy vehicle but sporty as hell & lovely to drive.
    Met a nasty end :'(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sorry, forgot to say its the 2ltr im going for

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

Any particular issues with these? I'm thinking about one too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

The engine in the 2ltr GT is bullet proof. I had a 1995 celica GT with almost 200,000 km's on the clock and the engine never gave me any trouble. It always started first time. The only problem I ever had was with the battery. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

A couple of the lads have them and love them. I'd go for a newer one though. We were looking at the *new Celica and even though it's a 1.8, it's got a better power to weight ratio that the older 2.0ls, unless you go for a '98 with the VVTi Beams engine. If you have to go for a '95, make sure it's the double over-head cam engine(DOHC).

*I know it looks horrible in standard trim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

How well do these cars put up with neglect?
    I'm being offered a ST202 for cheap because it hasn't moved much in about 2 years (driven around the driveway once a week and the like)
    What would be required to get it back to new besides the full service/replacing battery/etc... would it be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

I used to own a 1.8 which due to work etc had to be left idle occasionally for longish periods. The only hassle I ever had as a result was a rear sticking brake which was fixed for under 50 euro. They are a great car reliability-wise, tough as boots and not too hard to get parts for either - I say go for it. Check some other simple things which can happen to idle cars like whether the wheel nuts are stuck (it can take hours to drill one out).

Advertisement