Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day- for all you Valentines Questions and Comments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Silverfish wrote: »
    Yes.

In fact, Valentine's before last, I spent 640 on my boyfriend

You spent €640 on your boyfriend for Valentine's Day? :eek: What on earth did you get him?

As for my choice in women, I'll admit, I have picked some selfish ladies in my time but just being with the girl that I'm with now is worth more to me then any present ever will (& I include a PS3!).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Anti = sheep

You could have given her flowers last week, last month, next week, next month, but you bought into all that crap
    Hahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

Anti wrote: »
    We kind of are having it a week later, as she is working this weekend so we cant get up to much. But the next weekend i have a fiendish plan..

steak and blowjob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Raekwon wrote: »
    You spent €640 on your boyfriend for Valentine's Day? :eek: What on earth did you get him?

As for my choice in women, I'll admit, I have picked some selfish ladies in my time but just being with the girl that I'm with now is worth more to me then any present ever will (& I include a PS3!).

I see your PS3, and raise you two PS3's ;)

I see your PS3, and raise you two PS3's ;)

Fold :(

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Anti = sheep

You could have given her flowers last week, last month, next week, next month, but you bought into all that crap

Hahahahahaha

She gets flowers once a year. I should get her them more often but im not what you would call rosemantic

miles teg wrote: »
    steak and blowjob?

:p

Fold

Yay \o/ My first psuedo poker win !!1!1one

Funny story behind it actually, she bought me a PS3 for my B'day, and it got stolen, so she came home that night with another brand new one :)

Yay \o/ My first psuedo poker win !!1!1one

Funny story behind it actually, she bought me a PS3 for my B'day, and it got stolen, so she came home that night with another brand new one :)

I had a Wii + PS3 hand, but that PS3 x2 hand easily beats that.

How did your PS3 get stolen? That was pretty cool of her to replace it, I doubt my gf would spend the guts of €1k on me, but if she did I wouldn't except such an expensive gift..................yeah right! :D

I had a Wii + PS3 hand, but that PS3 x2 hand easily beats that.

How did your PS3 get stolen? That was pretty cool of her to replace it, I doubt my gf would spend the guts of €1k on me, but if she did I wouldn't except such an expensive gift..................yeah right! :D

Some scumbag broke in our patio door and robbed it. Just yanked it off the table. Thankfull only a day or two before i put linux on it and set it up that a password has to be entered every time its turned on, which made it imposible to use. So im hoping who ever he sold it to came back looking for their money back with an iron bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

you could also give her your last rolo (if she's not off choc for lent)

I used to do that (granted for my mother lol). If I was out and had a pack of rolo, save her the last one.
    Actually that just makes me sound really sad......

Yeh I know a good few couples who are celebrating v-day with just a card or meal at home, and then doing something at the weekend or next week. Apart from the extortionate money scheme, it's a little bit quieter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Whats this now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

I saw this today, its a handy way to send anonymous valentine's text message's if you are after some this valentines day. Its totaly free (I've tried it) and the t+c's look ok too! :D

You don't even have to add the bebo app from the looks of it
    http://apps.bebo.com/ValentineSMS
    http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5724497827

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

She gets flowers once a year. I should get her them more often but im not what you would call rosemantic

You're a real catch, you are ;)

Anti = sheep

Hahahahahaha

Yeah Hahahahahaha x2

It would cost you less probably id you got her flowers more often say if you'd have got her some last week

Regarding the PS3 , your sounding like a spoiled boyfriend...
    get your finger out and show her your appreciation whatever the hallmark day
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

passive wrote: »
    *volunteers* :)

interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

farohar wrote: »
    Well at least we're both innocent so... guess we keep the dirty mindedness for in game smack talk...;)

Look what the thoughts of what you're planning to do with the other bunny has done ellscurr!
    bunnycrywg1.jpg

:D

Is Farohar a Boy? ...sems to have alot of these cuddly little pictures on tap.
    ...hhmmmm.... :D

...Back on Topic, i am single and will be Treating tomorrow the same as any other day!!
    going for my Evening Brisk walk, Chilling out, or Possible Cinema trip with Buddies if it doesnt happen tonight - not because its V-day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

panda100 wrote: »
    :
    Im going to a dvd showing but when I get home I will allow myself a nice bottle of coors and a big packet of minstrels and feel sorry for myself for beign eternally single. Valentines day is the one day I allow myslef to get all mopey bout my single status and wallow in my own self pity. But then on Feb 15th Im back to strong,independant,single panda again :)

just to let you know that guy respect girls who dont jump from one relationship to another.
    and you wont be eternally single!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

All things considered I dn't think I woudl want flower from Kenya.
    Talk about what is the carbon foot print of your expression of affection.

But there's your anwer Anti.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0213/kenya.html?rss
    Flower industry hit by Kenyan crisis
    Wednesday, 13 February 2008 15:34

Valentine's Day is usually a major pay-day for Kenyan flower growers - they earn more then and on Mother's Day than the rest of the year combined - but this year they could struggle because of violence since the disputed presidential election in late December.

In the lakeside town of Naivasha, flower farms, which make Kenya the biggest supplier to Europe, are in overdrive in the run-up to Valentine's Day.

But there is nothing normal this year for Naivasha's army of flower-workers who are still in shock from an explosion of violence in their town.
    Advertisement

Like some other parts of Kenya's Rift Valley, Naivasha erupted into ethnic clashes at the end of January, as a post-election dispute spread violence round the nation.

The violence began after opposition leader and Luo, Raila Odinga, rejected Mr Kibaki's win.

The dispute set Kikuyus of President Mwai Kibaki's community against pro-opposition Luos and others from west Kenya who had come to live and work in Naivasha. Many fled, but 1,000 mainly Luos now live in this guarded camp set up by the Red Cross.

A union of flower workers estimates as many as 3,000 people, mainly Luos, have left the farms due to the violence.

Growers have been recruiting day workers to catch up with picking for the Valentine's Day rush.

Millions of flowers are cut each day, sent in sealed and cooled containers to Nairobi airport and then flown to Western florists and supermarkets. Kenya's flower sector earned an estimated €480m in 2006.

This week, lines of labourers could be seen waiting outside some of at least 50 flower farms in Naivasha.

The precision needed in the industry, which can move a rose bud from the field to a shelf in Europe within 48 hours, means there is little margin for error.

The Kenyan crisis, which has killed more than 1,000 people, displaced 300,000 and spooked foreign investors, is the biggest challenge Kenya's horticultural industry has faced.

Horticulture is the country's second-biggest foreign exchange earner, employing 100,000 people directly.

Small flower businesses have been hardest hit by the violence, which has led to increased absenteeism among workers. Larger ones have so far been less badly affected because they often house employees on site.

Yesterday a British government minister urged people to choose Kenyan roses for Valentines Day to support the industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

For all the ladies who would like to spend the night at Drift's house I can promise you a bowl of rice krispies in the morning.

Obviously if there is 2 or more of you you will have to share. ( I can't envisage this being a problem as you will have shared Drift the night before :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

panda100 wrote: »
    :confused: Didnt you just break up with someone? I cant keep up with the chaotic love lives of the ladies lounge girlies! :)

Im going to a dvd showing but when I get home I will allow myself a nice bottle of coors and a big packet of minstrels and feel sorry for myself for beign eternally single. Valentines day is the one day I allow myslef to get all mopey bout my single status and wallow in my own self pity. But then on Feb 15th Im back to strong,independant,single panda again :)

I described myself as this to someone in an Email today. lol

You're a real catch, you are ;)

Aww shucks *swoon* :D

• Advertisement

Any ideas?

All welcome

try and TAKE OVER THE WORLD
    aw someone already posted it

anyway... er... same thing you do any thursday

Regarding the PS3 , your sounding like a spoiled boyfriend...
    get your finger out and show her your appreciation whatever the hallmark day
    :)

I am spoiled, no denying that at all. But she knows how much i love/appreciate/adore her. She dosen't need flowers for that, but believe it or not some girls actually like a fuss to be made on valentines day. We all know its a money making scam just like xmas.

But i have another fiendish plan !! Next year we shall celebrate valentines day on November the 12th !

i hope he doesnt get me anything o.O i really do
    i might get him something though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Babette08

Well I’m gonna have a pampering sesh – long bath, and plenty of smelly potions. Couple of glasses of wine and I couldn’t be happier :)

It’s a crap night to be out anyway – last year waited nearly an hour for our table and another hour to be served. Not to mention all the couple competing :eek: I'd say come tomorrow there'll be a hell of a lot more singletons out there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

Hello,bit of a lurker in the Ladies Lounge:)but would love some advice from the Ladies or the men if they can help.

Have just started seeing a guy i went out with back in the 80's, it was a long term, we broke up stayed friends then lost contact over the years.
    We bumped into each other just before Christmas and went out together on a Date, we are taking the relationship slowly since then.
    We won't be spending Valentines together, but are getting together for the weekend.
    Problem is i know he will be giving a present for Valentines he was and still is a romantic soul, but what do i get him?
    I haven't done the Valentines in ages,i don't want to just hand him a card, was hoping for some advice and ideas.
    Thanks Adsgirl:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The girl I'm with now is actually quite refreshing...

She asked about a week ago if I was planning anything for valentines and I answered no not yet as I was busy with work and hadn't really been thinking about it but that I was planning to plan something, if ya get me.

She told me not to bother as she hates the holiday and doesn't see the point in someone being romantic for one day and not the rest of the year, told me that I've been romantic enough as it goes so not to bother with it as she hates the whole idea of Valentines day in the first place.

How damn refreshing is that? She'll probably just head over to mine as usual and we'll curl up with a DVD after work heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Achilles wrote: »
    The girl I'm with now is actually quite refreshing...

She asked about a week ago if I was planning anything for valentines and I answered no not yet as I was busy with work and hadn't really been thinking about it but that I was planning to plan something, if ya get me.

She told me not to bother as she hates the holiday and doesn't see the point in someone being romantic for one day and not the rest of the year, told me that I've been romantic enough as it goes so not to bother with it as she hates the whole idea of Valentines day in the first place.

How damn refreshing is that? She'll probably just head over to mine as usual and we'll curl up with a DVD after work heh.

I'd get her a card or something anyway, just to be safe. She may not mean she completely wants to ignore it. Better safe than having to mumble some excuse when she gives you something and you're empty handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

adsgirl wrote: »
    Hello,bit of a lurker in the Ladies Lounge:)but would love some advice from the Ladies or the men if they can help.

Have just started seeing a guy i went out with back in the 80's, it was a long term, we broke up stayed friends then lost contact over the years.
    We bumped into each other just before Christmas and went out together on a Date, we are taking the relationship slowly since then.
    We won't be spending Valentines together, but are getting together for the weekend.
    Problem is i know he will be giving a present for Valentines he was and still is a romantic soul, but what do i get him?
    I haven't done the Valentines in ages,i don't want to just hand him a card, was hoping for some advice and ideas.
    Thanks Adsgirl:)

Tricky. How about a naff CD from the 80s that reminds you both of when you were together before? Something small and quirky would probably be the thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭adsgirl

I was thinking along the Same lines Sueme, i also have tons of old music from the 80's, my Sis suggested that given this is our first full weekend together since meeting again, i should surprise him with an 80's day, music and films ect.. or would that be too much?

• Advertisement

I am spoiled, no denying that at all. But she knows how much i love/appreciate/adore her. She dosen't need flowers for that, but believe it or not some girls actually like a fuss to be made on valentines day. We all know its a money making scam just like xmas.

But i have another fiendish plan !! Next year we shall celebrate valentines day on November the 12th !

No girl needs to be romanced on valentines day(I agree totally on the money making scam)...but its still nice to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement