Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day- for all you Valentines Questions and Comments

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

kind of weird one planned- basically, am single. best male friend, who i had 2 one night stands with and secretly wanted relationship with, is engaged to someone after quick relationship. this valentines day is the anniversary of their first kiss. because of a changed job situation, he stays in two different towns, 3 days in one and 4 in the other, one of which is near to me. for a few weeks we;ve been saying we must get together for dinner one of the nights hes staying around, and last wk i suggested thurs, honestly not realising it was valentines. he agreed. a few days later when it had clicked with me that it was valentines i texted him to say " just realised thurs is valentines, so guess you'll be heading home, we'll do dinner some other time". he replied to say that he would be staying around as herself had already arrranged to meet some of her friends. now, i think thats strange- its their first anniversary and valentines and shes off out with the girls??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

sam34 wrote: »
    its their first anniversary and valentines and shes off out with the girls??

Hmmm.....they could just not read too much into the whole valentines day thing?

Lots of people don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Well ladies what did you get..

A ride and a curry will do me;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Quality wrote: »

Jesus...... if your hot then you really are a special woman!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Happy Valentines Day, one and all. Have a free hug on me! *hug*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I have a wedding to DJ at tomorrow. How original is that? LOL They have both been married before, they are going to have loads of kids there and have sent me a list of about 20 songs they want for the kids! My fault for sending them the list and forgetting to delete the kids songs! (never will be able to get the fraggle rock song out of my head! :eek:)

Here are some of the other ones they want for the adults:

1st dance: Semisonic - Secret smile

Animals We got to get out of this place
    Cher & Meatloaf Dead Ringer
    Greenday American idiot, holiday and Minority
    Rolling stones Paint it black
    Razor Light America + in the morning
    The Who Won't be fooled again

So from that I would imagine they are a bit of CSI fans!

Oh well should be fun at least I wont need to book a table or buy any beers!

Happy Valentine's Day!

DJ Spider

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Niamho! wrote: »
    Is Farohar a Boy? ...sems to have alot of these cuddly little pictures on tap.
    ...hhmmmm.... :D

Yup, I'm a boy, I'm stupid, throw rocks at me:rolleyes: (makes note to point towards that gimick the next time someone says there is no negative marketing standpoints on men;)).
    But like I said here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55016451&postcount=4
    (aww, look at his little hands holding the sign:o) doesn't mean I don't like seeing cute and cuddly things.

Besides is it not better that I have alot of pictures of cute little animals on tap than the usual ones lads have on tap?:p

Don't worry though, you'd be far from the first here on boards to be uncertain as to my gender.:cool:

Think Watna will like this one:
    meerkat_babiesx.jpg

*looks at watch* Well it's now officialy Valentines day for those of us on GMT time, so hope everyone has a great day, free of bitterness or jealousy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

i got a card from my 7 year old daughter !! she's just the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Quality wrote:

A ride and a curry will do me
    Jesus...... if your hot then you really are a special woman!! :D
    She means a car, she's expecting a merc from her SO.:D

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Happy Valentines Day, one and all. Have a free hug on me! *hug*
    270916538_37c1904290.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Marry me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

At the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

WE HAVE BROADBAND!

best valentine's EVER!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

so far i got : -

1. A ride;
    2. Cooked breakfast in bed;
    3. Coffee for the car;
    4. A Card with a poem he wrote himself;

This afternoon I am getting: -

(will let you know when it arrives)

Later on i am getting: -

1. Dinner Cooked for me;
    2. A bath;
    3. A massage;
    4. Many rides

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got my lady a silver DS and "More Brain Training" since she enjoys playing mine so much.
    Couldn't really afford to get it, but did anyway, cuz she's more than worth it :)
    Will give it to her this evening when I'm taking her out to dinner in Milanos :)

Plus Happy Valentines day ladies!
    ((hugs)) and <3 to all of you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

well so far nothing!! :P but i dont mind :D

happy valentines day everyone! :D *HUGS*

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

he "forgot". all i wanted was a f*cking card, i wouldnt be mad on v-day, dont want chocolates or flowers or to be taken for dinner, all i wanted was a bloody card & apparently thats too difficult. this thread just depressed me & got me more p*ssed off with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

sar84 wrote: »
    he "forgot". all i wanted was a f*cking card, i wouldnt be mad on v-day, dont want chocolates or flowers or to be taken for dinner, all i wanted was a bloody card & apparently thats too difficult. this thread just depressed me & got me more p*ssed off with him.

It's 9am for god's sake. There more than one hour in the day! Calm yourself!

I got nothing. But i know there's a card at home. Or at least there better be if he values his life! :D

Again, I don't go mad on Valentines. No pressies wanted!

takola wrote: »
    It's 9am for god's sake. There more than one hour in the day! Calm yourself!

he lives at the other side of the country. hed have to post it. i asked last night if hed remembered to avoid spending the day wondering to go home & be dissapointed.

he lives at the other side of the country. hed have to post it. i asked last night if hed remembered to avoid spending the day wondering to go home & be dissapointed.

Oh. I apologise, I thought he might have said it as a joke! :(

Here, I got you one to cheer you up! Hopefully it will at least make you giggle! :D

tesco_valentines_card.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thats not nice sar84.

If its any consolation, I just answered the door to a DHL guy, with a massive box for me. Exciting! It was a card and a box of Milk Tray. I don't eat chocolate, havn't for years. :rolleyes:

All show and no substance.

(My daughter is scoffing chocolate for breakfast though, shes in heaven!)

• Advertisement

Oh. I apologise, I thought he might have said it as a joke! :(

Here, I got you one to cheer you up! Hopefully it will at least make you giggle! :D

tesco_valentines_card.jpg

nope :(

but yay a card :D

I feel awful now! *Hugs* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks for the pic Takola, just sent it to himself! That'll learn him. :D

I feel awful now! *Hugs* :(

dont be silly, but thanks. truth is i expected it. he is crap at things like this. but i had hoped some not so subtle reminders mightve helped. when i said it to him last night i could tell he genuinely had forgotten, but still didnt make me feel much better.

anyway, didnt mean to hijack the thread, sorry!

got a small pressie this morning, which was cool, cos wasnt expecting it.
    just spent the last while listening to him and his mate's daughter and friend swapping stories about being arrested and general criminal behaviour, but now he's taking a shower and im ready for bed... ill gauge his mood, cos i didnt get him anything per se, but picked up some new aromatherapy massage oil today which he might appreciate. heh, it's today or never though, got his son over this tomorrow for the weekend, which means no private time :rolleyes:

adsgirl wrote: »
    I was thinking along the Same lines Sueme, i also have tons of old music from the 80's, my Sis suggested that given this is our first full weekend together since meeting again, i should surprise him with an 80's day, music and films ect.. or would that be too much?

It would be cheesy, but hey, that's the 80's for you! ;)
    It'd probably be fun, just make sure you pick out the good films... remember that what the girls consider the good 80s films and the guys consider the good 80s films may be vastly different...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Will give it to her this evening
    rofl

Giggedy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

My fella gave me a card and a box of chocolates on tuesday! When I pointed out that it was only Feb 12th, the present and card was whipped back off me and 'hidden' in the spare room!! It was hilarious. He genuinely got the days wrong. Got said present again this morning and me and office people are eating chocolates for breakfast. Won't see him tonight but we're heading to a hotel for weekend.

• Advertisement

Withnail and I.

Can't go wrong. Just keep watching and watching and watching.

And drinking and drinking and drinking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement