Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day- for all you Valentines Questions and Comments

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

No girl needs to be romanced on valentines day(I agree totally on the money making scam)...but its still nice to be.

Hang on are you agreeing with me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Meathlass wrote: »
    My fella gave me a card and a box of chocolates on tuesday! When I pointed out that it was only Feb 12th, the present and card was whipped back off me and 'hidden' in the spare room!! It was hilarious. He genuinely got the days wrong. Got said present again this morning and me and office people are eating chocolates for breakfast. Won't see him tonight but we're heading to a hotel for weekend.

He's not an Austrailian game forum moderator by any chance is he? As one of the mods on the forum for a game I play got confused about Tuesday's date like that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Well I got a lovely foot high card, teddy and roses...

He has to train tonight so I wont see him til after 8!!

I hope to get my ride and curry then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

No he's not but I feel better now that I know someone else made the same mistake. He bought the card and present that night and said there was so much stuff in the shops that he just presumed it was that day! He's very stressed out at work but still, it's a wierd mistake to make. Just as well I'm not fussy or high maintainence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

sar84 wrote: »
    he lives at the other side of the country. hed have to post it. i asked last night if hed remembered to avoid spending the day wondering to go home & be dissapointed.

what an ass!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Nothing as im single. But I think I have a new dream job so I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

We're not too bothered with Valentines Day. I'm graduating tomorrow so we're all going out for dinner tomorrow night instead. I might get him a card on the way home from work. And I think we'll go to bed early tonight. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

so far today ive had 4 messages wishing me a Happy Valentines day. ive had to begrudgingly write back.... what a load of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 angelicious

Male opinion needed - if your missus gave you this, what would you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Male opinion needed - if your missus gave you this, what would you think?

....I'd think,jaysus if she was that stuck for ideas she could have bought me a packet of cigarettes instead.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

^^^^

I want one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

takola wrote: »
    Oh. I apologise, I thought he might have said it as a joke! :(

Here, I got you one to cheer you up! Hopefully it will at least make you giggle! :D

tesco_valentines_card.jpg

The guy I have been seeing sent me this over msn - "seeing as its the thought that counts" he said - I said just saying Happy Valentine's day would have been a lot better than sending that!

cAr0l wrote: »
    The guy I have been seeing sent me this over msn - "seeing as its the thought that counts" he said - I said just saying Happy Valentine's day would have been a lot better than sending that!

ah he probably just thought it would make you laugh. maybe he doesn't know you that well yet and just didnt wanna make a big deal out of it, but wanted you to know that he knows what day it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 angelicious

....I'd think,jaysus if she was that stuck for ideas she could have bought me a packet of cigarettes instead.

It's a bit of a joke present more than anything else. I'm also going to a lot of trouble to cook an extravagant meal and seeing as we're both on a tight budget (saving for holidays), I can't afford to spend a small fortune. I would if I could, but I really can't afford it. Today's also my mother's birthday so I'm lumbered with buying for 2 people instead of 1.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Quality wrote: »
    A ride and a curry will do me;)
    That's exactly what I'll be getting! An Indian (mild for me, spicy for him - I know I'm such a wussy girl!) and wine for me, cans for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

I,m not getting anything, don't think he even knows its valentines day. He's excuse is that he doesnt celebrate religious holidays ???
    I'm not upset really:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

lezizi wrote: »
    I,m not getting anything, don't think he even knows its valentines day. He's excuse is that he doesnt celebrate religious holidays ???

I bet he'll surprise ya! : )
    are you with him more than a year? did he never celebrate it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

As I mentioned in the BGRH forum. I got a pat on the ass and him saying Happy Valentine's day. Later I'm getting Taco Fries.....

My man knows me so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i got that excuse after the "oh sh*t i totally forgot". i bet he has no problem accepting christmas presents?

im annoyed because he KNEW i wanted a card. thats all i wanted. i dont think its worth making a big deal over, i dont want overpriced flowers or chocolates, just wanted something to acknowledge it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

i got that excuse after the "oh sh*t i totally forgot". i bet he has no problem accepting christmas presents?

im annoyed because he KNEW i wanted a card. thats all i wanted. i dont think its worth making a big deal over, i dont want overpriced flowers or chocolates, just wanted something to acknowledge it :(

Aww, I don't like when they say that. It's not nice!
    You could tell him you got a card in the post, it might make him jealous hehehe!!

I dunno if I'm getting anything, probably not as I said last year I don't like a big fuss being made out of it. I don't like a big fuss but as said above an acknowledgment is nice. We're going out for dinner tonight, so that'll be nice!

I made him a card and got him a few little things, nothing major but I like when I can buy him presents!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

I'm watching Bridget Jones Diary and having a bottle of win by myself tonight

how depressing !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

24 long stemmed rose and a bottle of moet, just arrived at my work for me :eek::o:eek:

whats a religious holiday got to do with anything!!!

feck sake, givin us men a bad name!

just don't do anything on steak and bj day, march 14th.

Aww, I don't like when they say that. It's not nice!
    You could tell him you got a card in the post, it might make him jealous hehehe!!

lol i wouldnt even be bothered, id say he'll feel fairly guilty when he gets the card i sent him. shouldve just sent it to myself!

aye wrote: »
    whats a religious holiday got to do with anything!!!

feck sake, givin us men a bad name!

just don't do anything on steak and bj day, march 14th.

apparently its SAINT valentines day.

& as far as im concerned march 14th doesnt exist!

apparently its SAINT valentines day.

& as far as im concerned march 14th doesnt exist!

dam right.
    maybe you should make it vegetarian omlet, and kick in the nuts day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I can't wait to get my medium-to-well-done fillet steak followed by cunnilingus on S&BJ Day! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Got flowers delivered to work for me on Tuesday afternoon, not for Valentines, but for staying in A&E with him all Sunday morning. :D Going out for a nice Italian tonight and he bought me a huge €80 Me To You Tatty Teddy holding a big red heart. I collect them so love it !!! Oh and Rihanna tickets for 26th February in the RDS too !!! :p Can't wait !!! And we're going away to Mayo to one of his mates for the weekend, so all in all it's a good weekend. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

irishbird wrote: »
    24 long stemmed rose and a bottle of moet, just arrived at my work for me :eek::o:eek:

Someone' getting gargled at work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Angelicious - I was just giving you my opinion if I got it,there's nothing wrong with it at all,your fella might get a laugh out of it.
    Fair play for getting something when budget is tight.

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement