Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day- for all you Valentines Questions and Comments

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

Got a lovely necklace and giant card, oh and a red rose.
    Got him a wallet - men are hard to buy for!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

piscean wrote: »
    Someone' getting gargled at work :D

unfortunately, i have the car with me today but it shall be consumed either with dinner or in bed tonight :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

aye wrote: »
    dam right.
    maybe you should make it vegetarian omlet, and kick in the nuts day!

hmmm no there wont be any cooking. violence? yeah maybe.

this thread just depresses me more! lucky girls with nice thoughtful bfs..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

nothing because i didnt want anything... i havent seen him though...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,217 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Myself and the girlfriend agreed not to do anything for "Hallmark Day" but she's at home sick so I picked up a card, will be collecting her favourite cake on my way to her's tonight and have arranged for flowers to be delivered to her with the following message:

"I don't need Hallmark to tell me I love you but I do. Happy Hallmark Day, Love Sleepy"

My question is this: how would you ladies react to flowers with that message when you'd agreed not to do anything for Valentines? Mad because we'd agreed not to do anything or happy because I did?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Teddy, big box of milk tray, card and cooked breakfast :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lady V

I don't think I'm getting anything. Don't usually celebrate Valentines cause we buy each other presents all year round. He's been stressing out about it this year though which is weird - ooh I hope I'm getting something now ha ha. should prob pick him somehing up just in case . . .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Lady V wrote: »
    I don't think I'm getting anything. Don't usually celebrate Valentines cause we buy each other presents all year round. He's been stressing out about it this year though which is weird - ooh I hope I'm getting something now ha ha. should prob pick him somehing up just in case . . .

LOL, he is going to be really cheesy and propose :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Drift wrote: »
    For all the ladies who would like to spend the night at Drift's house I can promise you a bowl of rice krispies in the morning.

Obviously if there is 2 or more of you you will have to share. ( I can't envisage this being a problem as you will have shared Drift the night before :p )

That post made me laugh so hard, and raised a bigger smile than a whole night with Drift :D:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lady V

Ha ha I wish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,760 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any ideas?

All welcome

call over to my gaf...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

plan has changed. im going to a Pump and Tone class. with 2 girls from work and my sister... how romantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I brought up valentine's Day last night and asked him if he wanted to do anything, he said "I'm not really into Valentine's Day". But then he rang me today saying he got us tickets to a gig next week as my present but I think we would have ended up going if it was Valentine's Day or not......:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

Sleepy wrote: »

My question is this: how would you ladies react to flowers with that message when you'd agreed not to do anything for Valentines? Mad because we'd agreed not to do anything or happy because I did?

Eh i think that really depends on the girl, personally not a big fan of valetines it wouldnt bother me either way plus flowers are always nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Any males aged between late 30s and early 50s with no plans this evening?

I have dinner date with free booze and food to give away. It was an unclaimed prize on my radio station. Already sorted one other boardsie out with this and I think there is one place left.

Drop me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Opplock

My girlfriend and I don't like all the falseness around Valentines Day but it is hard to avoid. We buy cards which are not Valentines cards specifically - you know the blank ones for instance and I usually cook her dinner. That's it - no presents nothing else. Oh yeah and we tell each other how much we really mean to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The whole week has been Valentines for the two of us, as we are on hols, so lots of sex and hugs :D It is our first real Valentines as a married couple as last year I was too ill. He has tried to get me drunk...hmm, I wonder what he has planned for next...

Sleepy, what you have done is really romantic, fair dues to you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Sleepy wrote: »
    Myself and the girlfriend agreed not to do anything for "Hallmark Day" but she's at home sick so I picked up a card, will be collecting her favourite cake on my way to her's tonight and have arranged for flowers to be delivered to her with the following message:

"I don't need Hallmark to tell me I love you but I do. Happy Hallmark Day, Love Sleepy"

Honestly i'd love it! Fair play! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Sam Spade

whats a religious holiday got to do with anything!!!

feck sake, givin us men a bad name!

just don't do anything on steak and bj day, march 14th.

I thought it was March 20th.......

Every 14th of February you get the chance to display your fondness for your wife or girlfriend by showering her with gifts, flowers, dinner, shows and any other baubles that women find romantic.

Secretly…...guys feel left out. That's right. ... ..left out.

There's no special holiday for the ladies to show their appreciation for the men in their lives. Men as a whole are either too proud or just too embarrassed to admit it.

This is why a new holiday has been created. March 20th is now officially 'Steak & BJ Day' Simple, effective and self-explanatory.

This holiday has been created so your ladies can have one day to show their man just how much they love him.

No cards, no flowers, no flashy gifts, no special nights on the town. The name of the holiday explains it all...just a Steak & BJ! That's it!

This twin pairing of Valentine's Day and Steak & BJ Day will usher in a new age of love as men everywhere will try THAT much harder in February to ensure a more memorable March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

maxsmart wrote: »
    I thought it was March 20th.......

Every 14th of February you get the chance to display your fondness for your wife or girlfriend by showering her with gifts, flowers, dinner, shows and any other baubles that women find romantic.

Secretly…...guys feel left out. That's right. ... ..left out.

There's no special holiday for the ladies to show their appreciation for the men in their lives. Men as a whole are either too proud or just too embarrassed to admit it.

This is why a new holiday has been created. March 20th is now officially 'Steak & BJ Day' Simple, effective and self-explanatory.

This holiday has been created so your ladies can have one day to show their man just how much they love him.

No cards, no flowers, no flashy gifts, no special nights on the town. The name of the holiday explains it all...just a Steak & BJ! That's it!

This twin pairing of Valentine's Day and Steak & BJ Day will usher in a new age of love as men everywhere will try THAT much harder in February to ensure a more memorable March!

i was always under the impression it was march 14th, a month after valentines.
    it was even on the radio as march 14th last night.

the date don't matter anyway, just hope the ladies are aware of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Sam Spade

i was always under the impression it was march 14th, a month after valentines.
    it was even on the radio as march 14th last night.

the date don't matter anyway, just hope the ladies are aware of it.

Exactly...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Niamho! wrote: »
    I bet he'll surprise ya! : )
    are you with him more than a year? did he never celebrate it??

No he never celebrated it and we are together a few years. But he did surprise me, he came home from college with a big box of milktray and a card, so im happy;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Deffo 14th of March, http://www.steakandbj.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Selkies

Well its the 14th of March.
    I declare this the worst day of the year, its supposed to be a time for realising how single you are, how little your relationship means or something... maybe even a time for mutual bribery.

Not supposed to get dumped the day before and be whining on boards about it.. :(

Everyone is doing something else today understandably. How utterly depressing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mysterymeme123

well for Valentines I got a text this morning "x" is all it said , same as every morning and at 10.20 I got an email saying I'm off to bed, might be around for lunch tmr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ah now ladies! A few people here have given you free hugs today (any other day and I'd have had to charge) so even people who don't know you care about you. Just because one person in your life forgot the material side of loving you doesn't mean they don't care. Tomorrow is another day!

I don't get the single misery thing on Valentines day - like any other day it is what you make of it. I say adapt it to make it a happy day rather than using it as an excuse to get upset by the happiness of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

To everyone in the lounge who didn't get a card/choccies/hugs The DJ Spider sends a Massive card, an industrial size box of choccies and the biggest, squeezyest hug in the wold! {{{{{{{{{{ H U G }}}}}}}}}

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

got a small pressie this morning, which was cool, cos wasnt expecting it.
    just spent the last while listening to him and his mate's daughter and friend swapping stories about being arrested and general criminal behaviour, but now he's taking a shower and im ready for bed... ill gauge his mood, cos i didnt get him anything per se, but picked up some new aromatherapy massage oil today which he might appreciate. heh, it's today or never though, got his son over this tomorrow for the weekend, which means no private time :rolleyes:

bah,the fecker is so thick sometimes.

well, he missed out on his massage. i don't remembr him coming to bed, and he doesnt remember me getting up.i do remember him leaving the bed at some ungodly hour to go watch telly cos he coudlnt sleep, and i woke up later at about 4.30am to realise he was still in the sitting room, and dragged him back to bed for some cuddles before i got up for work.

*sigh*

it's not like i didnt invite/ask/beg him to come to bed(/room) enough times before i went to bed, but he wanted to watch some gordon ramsey. :/

we have since agreed that he is an idiot...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Got a nice surprise yesterday... well not really, but a lovely bunch of roses, teddy bear chocolates and a card... em wonder where he got the idea i would like that!

don't think he expected to get anything though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 angelicious

I hate my pressent. I know, I'm the biggest bi*ch in the world for saying this but I hate it.

Instead of giving him the silver ballscratcher as I had planned to do, I gave him the clapton tickets I had originally planned to give him for his birthday. And I made him his favourite meal, but he was in charge of bringing dessert.

He gave me a pair of running shoes.

I'm not a sporty person and I didn't need a pair of running shoes.

As romantic as a dutch oven.

Now he did bring me a rose and a box of chocolates as well but the chocolates turned out to be the dessert he was in charge of.

Ffs......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement