Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day- for all you Valentines Questions and Comments

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

OP seeing as you're in Leixlip if you want to go over to Maynooth the Indian up above Brady's on the Main St is really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pascal14

I think I'll do the cooking for my sweetheart this year.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Pascal14 wrote: »
    I think I'll do the cooking for my sweetheart this year.:)

I think it would be a treat for her if I didnt cook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pascal14

kearnsr wrote: »
    I think it would be a treat for her if I didnt cook!

She might say the same about me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Not too sure if this is the right place to put this but sure anyways!

Does anyone have any good ideas for a present or something i could do for my girlfriend this valentines day. I normally get decent enough presents for her but i'm actually flat broke at the moment! So realistically i'd be looking at around €20. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Make it personal. Write her a poem and send it with two red roses.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Give him what he wants?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Went to lovely place called Venu Braissere in Dublin at Christmas. Liked it, I know its near St Stephens green but dont know the name of street :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 angelicious

This will be our first Valentine's but we're keeping it low key as we're saving madly for the holiday of a lifetime. 3 weeks in Thailand, I can't wait!!

I'm going to cook him a special dinner and I have a token pressie in mind for him if I can get it - something funny yet slightly kinky. I don't want to say yet in case he posts on here!!

I have no idea if he's getting me something. He better or I'll kick his ass!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I've never been dating someone on Valentines, the only time I've received a card was from a friend who felt sorry for me! *sniffles*

I almost was last year, but I totally wasn't interested in the guy and decided, oh feck this, I can't get all soppy now he'll think I have feelings for him which I just don't have lol... so dumped him a week before the big day! He'd already gotten me a big card, chocolates and everything, had written loads of love poems n shít... I know, I'm a horrible horrible person :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Myself and the OH went to see Hot Fuzz at the cinema last Valentine's Day, twas hilarious. Expect much of the same this year

He wouldnt be the flowers and poems type, but he always gives me loads of kisses and cuddles and always tells me he loves me, which i think is priceless.

ok that's enough of me being soppy now....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I hope for something small and thoughtful without me having to ask him - something that lets me know that I still mean a lot to him

I'd love if he made me dinner, but it's been nearly 5 years and I don't know how many times I've asked him but no joy! I don't expect much this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Kazobel wrote: »
    Men don't like Valentines Day, seriously it's a lot of stress for them worrying about what to get, how much to spend, how much did you spend (Because he doesn't want to look cheap handing you a CD when you've gotten him an iPod) and they feel like planks looking for all that lovey-dovey cr*p while the shop assistants look at him with pity as he sweats trying to decide what to get you so just buy him something small (Book,CD etc) cook him his favorite meal, Have a few beers chilling and get some new underwear and shag his brains out at the end of the night. With minimum effort and no stress on your part you'll have given him all his favorite things, he'll be relieve that he didn't look like a cheapskate I swear to God he'll love you for it. Trust me I know how men think :D

As a man, am I allowed to post in here? Well I'm gonna anyway... :cool:

Kazobel has hit the nail right on the head.

And some others have asked what will please a man, and I can only echo some earlier posts: S&B! (back to the start of the thread if you don't understand...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

I remember being so disappointed one year when my bf didn't get me anythign for Valentines. Simple fact was, it's not a big holiday with fellas. It doesn't really mean anything. He makes my dinner every day for me, makes me breakfast when i'm hungover etc etc. I'd much prefer that than to get a crappy present once a year. We'll probably go for a few drinks, maybe go for a meal the night after valentines or the cinema or something. Nothing major. I'd prefer to feel loved all year round rather than just one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm going to be in San Valentino on Valentines day so I'm going to post my card from there and hope it gets stamped "San Valentino"!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Currently debating whether or not to shell out the 200 notes that'll buy a Me To You bear thats the size of a small child. It comes down to whether or not I think the 200 yoyo's would be better spent on a multitude of other stuff. Its *sharp intake of breath* really cute though, with his "I love you this much" jumper and outstretched arms... And teh wimmins go mad for them types of teddies. Well my one does.

Hmmm, I think I'll put this in a poll....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Our first valentines day together.. last year we were living in different countries. All i expect is flowers/small teddy and a card!

wonder is he reading this?

An original poem about us. Not one of those Hallmark retreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

cson wrote: »
    Currently debating whether or not to shell out the 200 notes that'll buy a Me To You bear thats the size of a small child. It comes down to whether or not I think the 200 yoyo's would be better spent on a multitude of other stuff. Its *sharp intake of breath* really cute though, with his "I love you this much" jumper and outstretched arms... And teh wimmins go mad for them types of teddies. Well my one does.

I think that the teddy bear is a really cute idea - my hubby got me one for our first Christmas together even though we were only dating 1.5 months at the time, he still sleeps with me when my hubby is away.

We will be away for this valentines so it will just be a meal out and some roses for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

I honestly dont expect anything other than a nice dinner, a glass or two of wine, and some lovin'.
    I asked him not to buy me flowers this year for St Valentine's Day.
    He's generally more into birthdays, anniversaries and valentines than I am and is a devil for spending money on me though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I mentioned something about flowers to my boyfriend the other day,,and he said "i have to get you flowers again this yr?i thought it was only for our first valentines together" (last yr)...i dont know if he was joking or not, i tried to ask him again another night, but i was told to shut it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Femmy wrote: »
    I mentioned something about flowers to my boyfriend the other day,,and he said "i have to get you flowers again this yr?i thought it was only for our first valentines together" (last yr)...i dont know if he was joking or not, i tried to ask him again another night, but i was told to shut it..

Well he sounds like a keeper...lucky you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Colour me happy if I get card from OH
    Not a romantic bone there at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Please dont waste €200 on a teddy! I know I wouldnt want it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I don't want or expect anything for Valentines Day except a card (and that's what he's getting too!). We get stuff for each other all the time so it just seems a bit dumb to get something just because everybody is doing it on that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 angelicious

I adore teddy bears too (esp sad sam and me to you!) but I'd kill my fella if he shelled out that much on a stuffed toy. I think you'd be better off to get a smaller version of the bear and something from the "multitude of other stuff"

My €0.02 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

All i'd want from him is to get things back to how they were when we were happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

I'm single so I doubt I'll be getting anything ***sob***

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

LouOB wrote: »
    Colour me happy if I get card from OH
    Not a romantic bone there at all

Are our men split from the same chromosome?

I know i posted what i expected but in fairness i think it was more what i hoped.. we will see in like 10 days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I asked my OH what we were doing for Valentine's day. His response was we might eat at the dining table instead of on our laps in front of the TV! I'm happy enough with that. Hopefully I'll get some kind of cake too. I like cake!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement