Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day- for all you Valentines Questions and Comments

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Dragan wrote: »
    Jesus.

Your 17! Why worry about this type of thing? Back in the day it was call round to the young girls house, get a glare of her dad because he ****ing KNEW what i was thinking and then go for a stroll down by the river.

I would have a rose, hand picked at great peril from the neighbours garden and would be happy out with a kiss for all my troubles.

And i'm only 26 for Christ sake!

Dude, don't sweat it mate. Do something with her/Get her something that YOU feel she will like. Make it genuine, not some rubber stamp version of what people thing Valentines Day should be.

haha!! if ya knew me you'd know i aint sweatin at all! just curious as to what i should do!!

the parents (her's and mine) dont really know, hers do a little, so chilling out in either house is out of the equation unfortunatley:o

angelbabyk wrote: »
    Dont worry yourself about these little details.. Just a nice card and spend the evening with her, be it going to the cinema or just a stroll she'll just be glad you want to spend the evening with her..

sounds more along the lines of what i could do! Thanks!

anyone any other ideas as well??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Could you do a go to the cinema sort of thing? Although quite unsocial

If you're 17 and can't afford a proper dinner date, how about something like hed to Eddie Rockets together? Play a game of pool? A nice walk on the beach at night?

If you're on mid term this week then there's loads you could do.. a trip to the zoo? I'd love a trip to the zoo on valentines, i am 21....yes a big child!! The zoo and a picnic maybe? if the weather was good??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Ok so normally stay in for valentines. I met a guy at w/end whose been ringing me. Not really into him but he might do for the week thats in it. Otherwise i'll hit the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Stay home with my bunny and a film. Who needs blokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Really? Like it's actually an event? Ah I bet that would be good craic.

Yea I think so too, but noone I know will go with me!!! They think its a bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

ellscurr wrote: »
    Stay home with my bunny and a film. Who needs blokes.

Aww, don't be like that.:( Curl up with your bunny and watch a great film of whatever genre takes your fancy, but try be glad that even though you may not have someone to love and be loved by at least some people out there do, the world would truely be without hope otherwise. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Dude, she has a bunny. A bunny.

I'd swap, tbh.

If you're single, there's actually more options than if you're with someone, I find.
    Go out, stay in, see friends, go to the bitter and twisted singles night ( and hope the name is in jest) or just treat it like a normal day and be glad you aren't being done out of loads of cash :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Silverfish wrote: »

I'd swap, tbh.
    Good point... completely overthought it!:cool:
    Once it's a friendly one though, had pet rabbits when I was younger... they did not like to be picked up!:(

Suppose a night of that cuteoverload site could also help warm an icy heart on Valentine's night.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Well, this time last year my ex was arriving home from a day in work that she described as "hell" to find roses and chocolates on her balcony to cheer her up. ( That’s two stories up, those adds weren't messing and delivery such goods can be risk let me tell ya! ) then I arrived in the door with the items for dinner and some bubbly. A bath was ran and she was put in it while I cooked dinner, which was beautiful might I add.

Then it was wine on the couch with The Cake Sale playing and a nice evening spent chatting. Then bed.

How is that for effort for ya? And all this for a lass who didn't really care a whole lot in the end.

So……should it all be down to the boy to make the effort? :confused:

Pic's or it didn't happen! :D (And no, It shouldn't be all up to the boy to make the effort).

I think I may just plan a night with pinky and the brain now!! :D (I'm not single but I've never bothered with Valentines)

• Advertisement

Could you do a go to the cinema sort of thing? Although quite unsocial

If you're 17 and can't afford a proper dinner date, how about something like hed to Eddie Rockets together? Play a game of pool? A nice walk on the beach at night?

If you're on mid term this week then there's loads you could do.. a trip to the zoo? I'd love a trip to the zoo on valentines, i am 21....yes a big child!! The zoo and a picnic maybe? if the weather was good??

some good idea's there, thanks!! but the prob is we're both studying like mad because of our Leaving Cert mocks starting next week!!!!:(

so even late night sorta thing cant really be done as we're up early cramming the next day!! just awkward timing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hmmm... valentines day, I've never been one of those 'woe is me' girls about it. Yeh it'd be nice to do something, but I've only had one 'unsingle' valentine's so I'm used to spending it on my own.

Though a nice bunch of daises even would be nice! lol.

*sigh* .... might buy Transformers on DVD and watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭missbusy

Yes. But it all depends. Is it a marrige of convenience or a marrige of love?

My mother told me to do one, but not the other and I can never remember which.

Finally……you would , in the very least, have to buy me a drink first.

Well, this time last year my ex was arriving home from a day in work that she described as "hell" to find roses and chocolates on her balcony to cheer her up. ( That’s two stories up, those adds weren't messing and delivery such goods can be risk let me tell ya! ) then I arrived in the door with the items for dinner and some bubbly. A bath was ran and she was put in it while I cooked dinner, which was beautiful might I add.

Then it was wine on the couch with The Cake Sale playing and a nice evening spent chatting. Then bed.

How is that for effort for ya? And all this for a lass who didn't really care a whole lot in the end.

So……should it all be down to the boy to make the effort? :confused:

Did you say she was your "ex"! can i keep you now! ? :D

Yes, that does sound good, and no i don't believe that it should be down to the man to make all the effort, it should definately be effort, and interest, on both parts.

Its nice to see that some guys do put in genuine effort though, and for genuine reasons.... Go you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

The single girls and i are going out for dinner. We've got two places booked, should be fun. We did the same last year and it was brilliant.... My second valentines day single, i hope there won't be a third :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

It's just another day for me. I'll probably go to the gym, go home, make dinner, etc. I'm very used to being single on Valentine's Day. I don't feel the need to do anything special to compensate for my lack of a partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Silverfish wrote: »

One that eats carrots or one that goes buzzzzzzz? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

cocoa.gif

cliche.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

At least most of you have a choice for V-Day and night. I'm an outpatient from hospital and grounded. Well, when I have to take my med cocktail that day, I will raise it and say cheers to ye all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Blind date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I'm heading to Bobcon ....... ah I'm a super comic nerd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Gaa training that night:D:D need to get my knee sorted out with physio as well took a really bad knock playing rugby yesterday and both knees were fairly fecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Last year I went to the matinee of Dirty Dancing on my own so I could dance in my seat without having the p!ss taken out of me for the rest of the year by my friends. Then a group of us hung out at a friends and watched The Holiday and pigged out. T'was fun.

This year, as I'm in the middle of nowhere, I'll probably cook dinner for the 'rents who will invariably fall asleep watching the news and then I'll watch Dirty Dancing and Love Actually again. Any excuse is a good one. Or, I could be enlisted to babysit for a friend and watch Dirty Dancing and Love Actually at her place... who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Single Girls - What to do Valentine's Night?

*volunteers* :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

not single but if i was, i would be doing what i do everything thursday night, go to college and do some ironing (which ironically is what i am doing on valentine's night):rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Why don't all the single ladies have an LL meetup?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

awww, had arranged to go for sushi with the b/f and two of our (male, straight) mates on thursday. was really looking forward to it too, before we realised it'd be valday and everywhere would be overpriced and overcrowded. im with dudess in everyone going out on different nights. damned lovebirds, ruining our sushi night :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

missbusy wrote: »
    Its nice to see that some guys do put in genuine effort though, and for genuine reasons.... Go you! ;)

And now all i have left is my shattered heart!

Ah, only joking.....tis all good!!! :D

So it seems i will be hitting up a 1940's themed ball on Saturday night, which should be fun! Just not sure what to go as.....i can wear my Press Hat that my flatmate gifted to me ( in 26 years she is the first person to give me a hat! ) and go reporter style.....or i might go as a pugilist!!!

Oh the options! :D

As for Valentines day in and off itself......last time i checked i didn't need the calendar to tell me to show those i love that i do in fact love them!

Load of rubbish ladies, those who will be feeling down keep your chin up! If some dude makes you think sad thoughts about him then i would venture he does not deserve your interest anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I shall be having a night in with my mam, a take away and a nice bottle of wine. My dad is moving away for a year that morning so wouldn't go out and leave mam alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

right here is my question. my got my man a little something in la senza for vday night. now we going away for teh weekend. question is i suppose how can i go and put it on and not have him really notice. was thinking of putting it in a smaller bag in bathroom and put it on there and come out then. what do ye think? any better idea's would be so appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

star-pants wrote: »
    might buy Transformers on DVD and watch that.

now there's an idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement