Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines Day- for all you Valentines Questions and Comments

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Jackz wrote: »
    One that eats carrots or one that goes buzzzzzzz? :confused:

The latter kind :eek: Though naturally I love furry ones equally lol. Sorry to burst the bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

ellscurr wrote: »
    The latter kind :eek: Though naturally I love furry ones equally lol. Sorry to burst the bubble.

In my innocence (wow, there's a first) I hadn't even thought bunny = rabbit vibrator.:o

Now leaves me wondering if Silverfish realised, as it puts her post in a slightly different context if she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

Going to a play (Patrick Kielty's in it) on Vals night with OH.
    Think you have more fun being single on Vals Day - there are always lots of singles nights in town - its another excuse to get buckled :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mollybird wrote: »
    right here is my question. my got my man a little something in la senza for vday night. now we going away for teh weekend. question is i suppose how can i go and put it on and not have him really notice. was thinking of putting it in a smaller bag in bathroom and put it on there and come out then. what do ye think? any better idea's would be so appreciated

If in a hotel, tell him to nip down to the bar and get himself a nice pint, and you'll ring him when you're ready for a 'present'. You can either answer the door with you wearing it, or get him to come in with you already on the bed...
    Love it when my OH does that for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

I'm single so I'll be staying in, I just got a new apartment so I'll be putting away stuff and planning how I'll be redecorating and maybe having a couple of glasses of wine...bliss :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

farohar wrote: »

Now leaves me wondering if Silverfish realised, as it puts her post in a slightly different context if she did.

I'm so innocent :(

Thank the stars I didn't ask for a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Silverfish wrote: »
    I'm so innocent :(

Thank the stars I didn't ask for a pic.

Well at least we're both innocent so... guess we keep the dirty mindedness for in game smack talk...;)

Look what the thoughts of what you're planning to do with the other bunny has done ellscurr!
    bunnycrywg1.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

From this fellas point of view it is a lod of cobblers. Fortunatly the person im going out with at the moment also agrees. If you cant be romantic and get nice gifts for your partner all year round and only on a day that businesses force upon you then im afraid your in bother :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

LOL. I think mine is actually called a Beaver (no other puns intended, really) but since I dated a guy from Kentucky once who called it 'Bucky Beaver' in the most hideous hillbilly accent EVER, I prefer to call it a bunny.

Oh the flashbacks make ellscurr cry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

So, Whats the fooking story with flower prices this year ? Was it a bad year for polination or something? Are flowers a rare commodity like philipino midget wrestelers who put on a se..... Never mind.

The reason im asking is ive just ordered herself some flowers... And the prices are crazy.. I didnt do the lazy man thing and buy from the first place i checked with, their all fooking expensive.

Am i getting old, tight and grumpy. Or do i have a valid point for once ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Do you remember the shíte weather last summer ? all that poxy rain like it rained some where in the country for like 65 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

You probably have a very valid point - everywhere pushes up prices for events etc.
    Flowers will be crazy at Mother's Day too. It's an unfortunate way of life - marketing.

I was talking to a friend of mine who point blank refuses to be 'told by companies when to celebrate love' so he's glad he's out of the country for V-day (his gf is still here).

One of those annoying things, but what else can you do? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Do you remember the shíte weather last summer ? all that poxy rain like it rained some where in the country for like 65 days.

Dont most of the flowers in this country come from holland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

All of europe had a shíte summer :p add in the cos of oil for shipping the flower to here as well.

Rob_l wrote: »
    Dont most of the flowers in this country come from holland?

Thats tulips isnt it? I didnt get her tulips for V-day... God i cant wait for Steak and blow-job day...

Anti wrote: »
    Thats tulips isnt it? I didnt get her tulips for V-day... God i cant wait for Steak and blow-job day...

Yeh tulips don't last very long.

I dunno...the price of decent steak these days....

(side note - I'm sure she's worth the flowers though! ;) )

star-pants wrote: »
    Yeh tulips don't last very long.

I dunno...the price of decent steak these days....

(side note - I'm sure she's worth the flowers though! ;) )

Worth every penny/cent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It's feck all to do with the weather :rolleyes: they're mostly forced flowers anyway, the rose is an autumn flower.

They always up the price, I'm sure it goes higher and higher every year. Personally I would never pay it or want someone to pay it.

Worth every penny/cent :)

Then that's all that matter pet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

I heard on the Ian Dempsy Breakfast Show that 12 roses was going to cost €150.00 on Thursday............Aldi and Lidil will be selling them for €10.99;)
    Or you could be different and not get flowers but cook a nice meal for your OH, or buy her a DVD box set you know she'd really like or a CD or book or some other present.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Valentines and Mothers day are always expensive. I never buy flowers or go out for a meal/trip around these times as it's a load of bullplop as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hmm Anti, isn't your gf "quite active" on this forum? Aren't you going to get in to trouble? (Although saying she's worth every penny might do you some favours!)

It is just the occasion that's making them so expensive. Maybe you could have your own valentine's a week later and buy the same flowers for half the cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Valentine’s Day fecking rip-off for who? When I last checked blokes were the ones who had to fork out for chocolates, flowers, cards, dinner, etc. Do women actually spend any money on this day (apart from on themselves)?

/ducks under a table ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Raekwon wrote: »
    Valentine’s Day fecking rip-off for who? When I last checked blokes were the ones who had to fork out for chocolates, flowers, cards, dinner, etc. Do women actually spend any money on this day (apart from on themselves)?

/ducks under a table ;)

Yes.

In fact, Valentine's before last, I spent 640 on my boyfriend, and he bought me a bunch of flowers. Year before that, I brought HIM for dinner. Big whoop, who cares. I always get the other person something, fair's fair. Valentine's day is to celebrate love/like/lust for the other person, not just for females.

Maybe some blokes need to take a look at their choice in ladies, as criticising them reflects just as badly on your ability to make choices :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Well I was planning on being single for Valentine's this year but I'm not now so I have to do the slushy thing
    :confused: Didnt you just break up with someone? I cant keep up with the chaotic love lives of the ladies lounge girlies! :)

Im going to a dvd showing but when I get home I will allow myself a nice bottle of coors and a big packet of minstrels and feel sorry for myself for beign eternally single. Valentines day is the one day I allow myslef to get all mopey bout my single status and wallow in my own self pity. But then on Feb 15th Im back to strong,independant,single panda again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I don't understand people complaining about the price of flowers on Valentine's day. It's a simple case of supply and demand. The whole world is looking to buy red roses this week and there is only a certain amount of them can be grown. Spend that 100 euros plus on something else, no one's forcing you to buy them and if they are you need to re-evalutate your relationship. If my boyfriend wastes that kind of money on flowers I'll be disappointed when he could buy exactly the same in a month's time for half the price. Instead we're going away for the weekend and locking the door of the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I hate valentines night anyways.

Whn i was going out with me ex we , after about 3 years just ignored it and did our own little thing the following weekend.

Paying hyped up prices for poor service and to sit in a croweded resturant with 18 yr olds in almost tracksuits is not my idea of romance.

watna wrote: »
    Hmm Anti, isn't your gf "quite active" on this forum? Aren't you going to get in to trouble? (Although saying she's worth every penny might do you some favours!)

It is just the occasion that's making them so expensive. Maybe you could have your own valentine's a week later and buy the same flowers for half the cost!

We kind of are having it a week later, as she is working this weekend so we cant get up to much. But the next weekend i have a fiendish plan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

We kind of are having it a week later, as she is working this weekend so we cant get up to much. But the next weekend i have a fiendish plan..

Oooh, a fiendish plan. Do tell, after all,.. she'll never read this!

I'm going to draw my bf a card. I just need to get in to an artistic mood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If my wife was the kinda woman who expected flowers & dinner on Valentines Day, I'd never have married her!

It's truly sad - I can imagine nothing worse than having to sit in a restaurant of "happy couples" eating from an overpriced set menu or having to shell out a stupid amount for a bunch of flowers that'll be dead in a week and a 1/4 of the price on Feb 15th.

I always get her a card though. She's worth at least a fiver!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement