Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

play.com won't deliver PC games to Ireland?

Options
  • 25-01-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

"This item can only be delivered to a UK address."

Is this a new thing? I thought it was just for gadgets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Change the currency to euro before you checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Beware that they'll shaft you on the exchange rate.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

exchange is usually pretty similar to current rate

Aye, they usually round it up to the nearest .49 or .99

I've noticed that in the recent weeks of sterling weakening against the euro they don't seem to have updated their rates.
    For example, Burnout Paradise on the 360 is £39.99. Change currency to euro and its €61.99. Convert £39.99 to euros at the current rate and you get €53.88.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Very sly...

That's a joke.

Jesus, didn't realise they'd gotten that bad! (I've only really been buying dvds for less than €10 off them recently)
    I'll definitely be taking my business elsewhere for larger purchases from now on

Yep - I've been buying games from Asda-entertainment.co.uk recently. They charge only in sterling and have free delivery like play. Their sterling prices are usually the same or less than play's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Stephen wrote: »
    Yep - I've been buying games from Asda-entertainment.co.uk recently. They charge only in sterling and have free delivery like play. Their sterling prices are usually the same or less than play's.

"We only deliver to addresses in the UK.

Other countries are displayed should you wish to send the invoice to an alternative billing address."
    ?

Heh. Got 2 games from them last week with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stephen wrote: »
    I've noticed that in the recent weeks of sterling weakening against the euro they don't seem to have updated their rates.
    For example, Burnout Paradise on the 360 is £39.99. Change currency to euro and its €61.99. Convert £39.99 to euros at the current rate and you get €53.88.

That is Play.com gone from my bookmarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

conzymaher wrote: »
    exchange is usually pretty similar to current rate
    Dont know what play.com you've been using, but any time I've checked the exchange rate over the last year - they've been well well off it.

Tis why I use HMV now, even if they charge shipping.

Advertisement