Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consistent Graphics Card Driver Failure

Options
  • 25-01-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey, been having consistent problems with my gfx drivers, got an 8800GTX running vista premium 32bit and AMD dual core 6000+. Its only in certain games that I seem to get these crashes usually after about 40 mins game play at the most:mad: I run crysis at high settings no probs at all as well as UT2007 and Lost Planet, but in COD4 and Ghost Recon it will just freeze then the pc will just restart with the windows error msg of failed gfx card drivers have the most recent release and it has made no difference:confused: Anyone have any idea why this may be happening??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

what type of temps are you getting on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

sean1ucc wrote: »
    UT2007

what game is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

unreal tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

theres no ut2007 , only ut3

maybe playing a game that doesnt exist is the problem , :P

anywhoos , see if the card is overheating , dont overclock it , try rolling back drivers .

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭sean1ucc

Yea dats wat I meant same ting:p, tried rolling bac drivers and all dat craic didnt really help the situation. Its not overheating have a full coverage waterblock on it though I have no real way of measuring in game temps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I have no real way of measuring in game temps

Easy, use the monitor utility on rivatuner & click enable background monitoring. You'll then get a nice graph :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Failing that you could try uninstalling the current drivers, boot into safe mode (Hit F8 repeatedly once bios logo dissapears), and run a scan with Driver Sweeper, something like this could be older driver bits still there causing trouble, Then after running driver sweeper boot into normal windows and download the drivers again from Nvidia and check that, of course do this once you know the video card isnt overheating (Although its always a good idea to totally clean drivers every now and then :D)

Nick :)

cool il try dat now n c wat happens:D

Ok got a log from rivatuner max core temp i got was 66c and max ambient temp of 45c, removed drivers ran that program reinstalled fresh drivers and still no change :(

Ok got a log from rivatuner max core temp i got was 66c and max ambient temp of 45c, removed drivers ran that program reinstalled fresh drivers and still no change :(
    66 Degrees is fine for a 8800GTX to reach under load man, not sure what the problem might be so :( . Just on the offchance it could be RAM, it could be an idea to run MemTest 86 on the system, RAM can do funny things and could if faulty cause other components to display error messages or crash if no consistency

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

have you overclocked?
    had the same problem with a 680i board even though its saying GFX driver error it was the overclock causing problems.
    Do as yoyo says and run memtest on your ram.

ran memtest so RAM is ok, gfx card came factory overclocked from EVGA! System is stable though done tests for dat. It seems to only be some games which is wat is puzzling me?:confused:

ran memtest so RAM is ok, gfx card came factory overclocked from EVGA! System is stable though done tests for dat. It seems to only be some games which is wat is puzzling me?:confused:
    Have you overclocked the CPU? Or even memory lol, a factory overclocked card would be fine unless faulty...

Nick

nope havnt touched anythin at all!!

Could be video card thats faulty, might be worth RMAing? Could be Video RAM or something like that thats the culprit, Dont think EVGA mind if you remove stock heatsink covers, I'd say its worth a try at this stage!

Nick

Yea I mite have to finished COD4 now anyways eventually!!

Fixed the problem basically went through systematically all the programs that were not critical and ended them one by one, found it was something to do with anti virus/firewall that was cutting in and stalling the game!!

Fixed the problem basically went through systematically all the programs that were not critical and ended them one by one, found it was something to do with anti virus/firewall that was cutting in and stalling the game!!
    Glad ya sorted it, sometimes the simplest of things :D. I just use Windows built in firewall btw... Dont have any issiues, and NOD32 av

Nick

Advertisement