Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you store your credit card?

Options
  • 25-01-2008 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I can't be the only one. Sometimes I go out and I don't want to bring my credit card for whatever reason.

Where do you leave yours at home? If it's stolen from the house and I've left it there obviously I'm liable and ****ed for the costs, right ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

random wrote: »
    I can't be the only one. Sometimes I go out and I don't want to bring my credit card for whatever reason.

Where do you leave yours at home? If it's stolen from the house and I've left it there obviously I'm liable and ****ed for the costs, right ?

Thanks

No. Not if you report it to your bank as soon as you find out.
    You will usually be refunded for fraud, but it can take up to a month for these refunds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do I not fail in my duty of safe guarding my card though and they can decline paying back any stolen money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

It's more than likely they wouldn't decline you on that reason. They might look for a Garda report maybe. Really you need to be more worried about online fraud or skimming. It's rare that anyone defrauds someone by stealing a card. You need a pin now in the majority of places and if you find it's been taken, just ring to block it down straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Don't like the "more than likely" thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

random wrote: »
    Don't like the "more than likely" thing :(

Don't be silly. Its relevant whether its taken from your home or not. Just don't do something stupid and write down your pin with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement