Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus/Study Abroad

Options
  • 25-01-2008 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭

I'm a first year BBS and Japanese student and as soon as I return to UL next week I plan on looking into erasmus/study abroad.

I just wanted to know people's experiences with the program.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I have proposed an Erasmus forum in the Forums forum, please support it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211704

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

i'm just back from erasmus and i loved it it was such a brilliant experience...may have failed a couple of exams(should really get around to seein what hapens now)but it was brilliant get to meet so many people from different places.. our one was part of our course so it was pretty straight forward decide where you want to go if there's there's places left there you just sign a few papers then sign a few more for the university you're goin to and you're off..would recommend everyone to do it in college..

I'm in 3rd year is Eramus off the cards for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭KatyBob

I'm a first year Business and French student and I was looking for info on an Erasmus trip to France. You know, pros, cons, that kinda stuff. We've to go in second year so we've to make a decision quickly. I've only been told its a great opportunity but I'd like to know is there more to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm in 3rd year is Eramus off the cards for me?

Your best bet would be to talk to the international office at your college. There are plenty of courses that have the option of studying abroad and afaik, everyone is entitled to avail of the Erasmus programme. It might mean you'd have to take a year out though. I went to Germany on Erasmus last year and loved it so much that I decided to take a year out and go to Spain. It's definitely worth doing and is essential if your degree incorporates foreign languages.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for that.

Advertisement