Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which suburb is bigger??

Options
  • 25-01-2008 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

ok which of these has a bigger population? castletroy or raheen? i heard castletroy was reaching 25000ish..and one of the fastest growing towns in ireland but recently iv been around raheen area and its just so built up..heard population was around 20-25000 ish too..would love to know what the exact figure is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Castletroy.
    I've only found a few (not very accurate) figures - Raheen is placed at around 6000-7000, Castletroy 23000-25000.
    Have you tried cso.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

id ave to say castletroy aswell,the large student population would make me believe that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

hard to give a accurate figure on any of them to be honest, the cso has it arseways

but id say 25000 is a good figure for castletroy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Mad to think neither are in the city, Raheen is counted as Ballycummin in the census figures, it's one of the fastest growing areas in the state. Castletroy is probably larger by some distance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

ya coz it says ballycummin in cso which said around 12 or 13000 but like castletroy theres other places inside raheen..dooradoyle,ballycummin etc etc love to be able to find a place where all the suburbs are accurately taken into account!

• Advertisement
Advertisement