Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses on College Road

Options
  • 25-01-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, this has been bugging me all week, why are Bus Eireann sending buses down College Road? It is closed for city bound traffic, but not the other way and it is bloody awful being on a number 5 bus that has to go that way, with all the road works and such.

This morning there was nothing ahead of us and it still took us maybe 10 minutes to just drive past UCC. The problem is all the machinery and traffic cones make the road maybe 1 or 2 feet narrower than a bus, so the bus needs to mount the footpath, twice some builder men had to move cones and stuff out of the way...

Why oh why can't the no.5 be sent down the Western Road? Sure it would inconvenience a few people who need to get off the bus by UCC, but the vast majority of people on the number 5 seem to be heading for either FÁS or CIT...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

dulpit wrote: »

Why oh why can't the no.5 be sent down the Western Road? Sure it would inconvenience a few people who need to get off the bus by UCC, but the vast majority of people on the number 5 seem to be heading for either FÁS or CIT...

People (inc a lot of eldery people) live in and around the college rd. area maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

The road at the moment is just a wreak. Its worse than driving out in the country with potholes now.

I was behind a Bus the last morning going to CIT, that was stuck, even I had to mount the path - The pedestrians wern't too pleased to see me driving towards them to say the least.

Advertisement