Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 just cracked my fifa 08 disk...

• 25-01-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I sware to God. I don't even know what to say. I'm slightly gutted. There I was just starting my new manager mode in world class with Inter, getting beaten by Ac Milan 4 - 0 and my disk goes unplayable. I take it out and it has cracks from the centre of the disk going out each direction. What the **** man? I bought it in Gamestop and have my receipt so will go down with it tmro.

Other threads online see this as common with EA disks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Same happened my gears disc last xmas eve...it was a year old though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Do you keep your xbox on its side on flat? I had heard a few stories about the xbox being kept on its side.

My R6V disc got similar cracks when it was on its side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I keep it flat...

Apparently it's common with EA games...from looking around the net. And it's under the 90 day EA warranty so Gamestop should just change it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

cheesedude wrote: »
    I keep it flat...

Apparently it's common with EA games...from looking around the net. And it's under the 90 day EA warranty so Gamestop should just change it.

This is to do with the XBOX drive, basically if you move the xbox at all when its on it will scratch and crack disks....I've knackered 3 of my games doing that...

Feelgood wrote: »
    This is to do with the XBOX drive, basically if you move the xbox at all when its on it will scratch and crack disks....I've knackered 3 of my games doing that...

Yeah I know that but I didn't move it all ever when it's on...I know that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

cheesedude wrote: »
    Yeah I know that but I didn't move it all ever when it's on...I know that.

You might have a faulty drive so?, have you still got warranty with Micro$oft?

It only happens with that EA disk and once a day used to go "Unplayable".

I bought the console Xmas a year ago so I'm sure I do...do you think it's worth sending back even though it happened with the one disk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Feelgood wrote: »

Did you not figure out not to move it after the first or even second time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ahaha the irony of that

xbox has been moved, lifted, pushed, shaken and dragged in the last 24 hours with fifa in it on cheap dvd+dl, and theres not a scratch on the disk

lol

Oh u made a backup? That's a great idea...

Can you go on live with backups?

• Advertisement

you can if you keep updating the firmware, however theres very little point as its a bit of a pain doing that, so i just use my ps3 for online gaming. its much of a muchness in the long run

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Lol, updating the firmware will do feck all to help ya, also microsoft have a spyware inside the 360 that will report if you run a backup and then your flagged for banning, even if your offline as it spys on ya, people have been banned who played backups even before using live,

Nick

yoyo wrote: »
    Lol, updating the firmware will do feck all to help ya, also microsoft have a spyware inside the 360 that will report if you run a backup and then your flagged for banning, even if your offline as it spys on ya, people have been banned who played backups even before using live,

Nick

nah it all depends if youre keeping bang up to date with fw releases which is precisely why theres still a hell of a lot of people on still on live with modded boxes. its really not worth the hassle tho imo, and fairs fair if backups equal no live, you really cant argue with it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Helix wrote: »
    nah it all depends if youre keeping bang up to date with fw releases which is precisely why theres still a hell of a lot of people on still on live with modded boxes. its really not worth the hassle tho imo, and fairs fair if backups equal no live, you really cant argue with it
    Yeah man, but thing is I wouldn't count of firmware updates saving your console from being banned tbh, thats the point I'm making, also all microsoft need to do is release a update which is able to read the firmware of the drive (should be easily possible) and compare it to an origional, of course this is me being pessimistic but... I wouldnt trust updated firmwares saving from a ban

Nick

ah yeah in future theres every chance it wont be the case, but if you keep on top of it you can stay ahead. only thing is that its a pain in the hole having to constantly open your xbox, so i dont think many bother. i certainly didnt

They wouldn't change it...told them that their competitor Game changed it for me last year when it happened with another Fifa disk and they said "Game are not our competitor"

That's when i realised I was dealing with idiots.

So I left...

Won't buy anything in Gamestop again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ring microsoft and explain what happend...make sure to tell them the machine was not moved and that it seems to be a common problem.

They should advise you further, they will take the game of you or give you details for EA.

Gamestop...hahah thats a very funny thing for them to say.

shoulda said that you bought the xbox there also.

but the blame is on MS and EA here not gamestop ( unfortunatly)

Advertisement