Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA VC Install help

• 25-01-2008 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Windows install sheild wizard runs and asks me what i would like to install.
    Presumably on that list should be an option to install the game itself but all that appears is the option to install vice city radio station not the game, i install and such, but I dont have a run picture like when you install other games... any ideas on how to fix this problem?
    If it helps my os is vista home premium.

Its really frustrating so any help whatsoever will be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

RTFM

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The game installs by default, you can either not install radio stations (so they'll stream in off disc-not reccomended) or you can install the stations so the only time your pc will read the disc is while checking its legal. You should just allow radio stations install, then click next...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Ah I see, but even though, the game doesnt install for me, as I cant play it or its not in the start menu like other games are. Whats up with it? And to Poigmothoin, im guessing your saying Read the ****ing manual which I have.:rolleyes:

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Ah I see, but even though, the game doesnt install for me, as I cant play it or its not in the start menu like other games are. Whats up with it? And to Poigmothoin, im guessing your saying Read the ****ing manual which I have.:rolleyes:
    Make sure you run the installer as admin, also look in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\ see if the GTA exe is in there, the game installs and plays fine for me, Windows Vista HP 32 Bit...

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Yes that was it thanks! Usually the application to run the game would be on the desktop though. thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

:rolleyes: Right click that .exe & send to desktop (create shortcut)

BTW, Vice City installs icons into the start menu in the "Rockstar Games" folder, it also now appears in the vista game explorer for me :)

Nick

Advertisement