Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I'm getting worse ...

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

karen3212 wrote: »
    I felt a bit like you a few years ago, because I started working with some Southern US evangelicals - constantly bringing God(at the begining) into the lunch conversation. I was going crazy until I saw this A&A site, and have become more relaxed about it all.

I don't mind at all going into chruches with friends and family, the preaching I hate but apart from that I like the bells, the singing etc. I also really like the muslim call to prayer, loved hearing it when I was over that way.

I must say I like your way of saying things -that may be shocking straight out too - but all I want to say is, the way we say things depends on what we want to do: that is, get people thinking about the laws of the country and changing some of them, or offending them so much that they stop listening.

Thanks.

There are two other things we may want to do with what we say:

Enjoy the sound of our own voice.

Or make our point in a way that reflects our feelings.

I freely admit to all four. ;)

Advertisement