Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anonymous Vs Scientology - Dublin protest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Yeah well he gets the credit because I saw him post it first :p

:( I don't know whats worse...
    Not getting the credit
    Watching "Elektra"
    Knowing Anonymous_IRL

Help me Jesus, Help me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Over9000

/b/tard reporting in. Will be there tomorrow with beer and maybe eggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Flunked wrote: »
    :( I don't know whats worse...
    Not getting the credit
    Watching "Elektra"
    Knowing Anonymous_IRL

Help me Jesus, Help me.

Has to be Elektra.

Jesus has spoken.

Over9000 wrote: »
    /b/tard reporting in. Will be there tomorrow with beer and maybe eggs.

Tits or GTFO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Unfortunatley it has come to our attention that none of you really know what this is about, you do not understand the work of anonymous, also post #15 we severley doubt you know the person organising it, as the very idea of these actions is to remain anonymous, you simply know a child who would like to think they have involvment,

this raid is not simply a 2-3 minute flashmob arrangment, infact there are no arrangments as of yet aside from the time, date, and place. the time and date to co-encide with the UK raid.

all who wish to join our legions the information is available, go seek for yourselves,

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

Wow. That was so up its own arse it sniffing coal. **** this ****! I had much planned for tomorrow but if I'm gonna be helping a cult to protest against another cult...

BTW: Watch out for a very tall black man in the Scientology building, hes mean as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Unfortunatley it has come to our attention that none of you really know what this is about, you do not understand the work of anonymous, also post #15 we severley doubt you know the person organising it, as the very idea of these actions is to remain anonymous, you simply know a child who would like to think they have involvment,

this raid is not simply a 2-3 minute flashmob arrangment, infact there are no arrangments as of yet aside from the time, date, and place. the time and date to co-encide with the UK raid.

all who wish to join our legions the information is available, go seek for yourselves,

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

Hilarious.

Also learn to spell, it helps when you are trying to look important and other worldly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Will there be cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

Firstly LOL

secondly : i doubt it will actually happen. no one will turn up

I'm going to egg the people protesting. Then Ill put it on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

dont be an idiot b/tard

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

If anythings gonna happen prob best that it coencides with London protest? While the whole 'anon' thing does seem a bit ghey at times, the intent behind it (that scientology are a dangerous cult and need to be brought down a peg or two) seems reasonable enough. Don't see why people would think that handing out leaflets etc. is such a stupid idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Lads, I hate Scientology as much as the next guy, but this is not a good idea, all you are doing is just publising it... and nobody want those shower of bastards to grow!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Way too many mentions of eggs. I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Surely the protest should be on a weekday morning? Look at what happened at the love Ulster march, a bunch of twats who wanted a fight jumped on the band-wagon on a day off from work- Saturday. Organizing a strategically planned protest like this at the weekend and getting publicity for it isn't a good thing. Just look at how this thread is turning out!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Nailz wrote: »
    Lads, I hate Scientology as much as the next guy, but this is not a good idea, all you are doing is just publising it... and nobody want those shower of bastards to grow!

I doubt the kind of publicity they're currently getting will do anything to get them new members.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

^In fact, the publicity has been something they've been fighting against since their formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Damn I hate viewing threads when the 1st post has been edited :mad:

I don't think much about "Anonymous" and their over pretentious catch phrases etc.
    But I really think Scientology is a serious issue. They are dangerous and to be honest I would seriously support the idea of it being BANNED from this country.

Although I support anonymous for taking on Scientology, I can't help but think it kinda damages any serious 'protest' or action to be taken against this cult.
    Since Anonymous are seen as a group of internet pranksters who are totally up their own holes really.

But once again, Scientology should be banned from this country. This **** needs to be "nipped in the butt" while it still can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The Scientologist headquarters is like Sirius Black's house

if you're not a member, you can't find it

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

I get the anonymous part, the Everyone, no-one, and the rest.. but why Legion? That seems a bit random.

So there's a chance that it might only be 5 people, giving out leaflets and saying, "boo-urns"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I bet there's about 4 people there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I get the anonymous part, the Everyone, no-one, and the rest.. but why Legion? That seems a bit random.

It's a biblical reference.
    It's from the bible according to mark when jesus tries to exercise a demon from a man and ask the demon it's name and it replies

"My name is Legion, for we are many"

Kids these days, not a clue..... newfags the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Anonymous_IRL

Tits or GTFO?

10th of february , not today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Make sure you include the footage of the men in V-Masks beating the life out of you :D

No protest was organised for today, this will take place after the London Event, if not running alongside it.

If anyone's interested, PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mr.S wrote: »
    i see, thank you mr Anoymous.
    How do you know it's Mr......???

ANONYMOUS, HE KNOWS YOUR IDENTITY!!! GET HIM!!!

Tellox wrote: »
    Make sure you include the footage of the men in V-Masks beating the life out of you :D

No protest was organised for today, this will take place after the London Event, if not running alongside it.

Trust me, you wont ever lay a hand on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Does no-one else think that if people are stupid enough to get suckered into Scientology and give them all their money then it's:

Their

Own

Fúcking

Fault.

Yeah yeah yeah there are people who are born into it and it's really awful for them, but why would people protest against a CHOICE somebody made?

I prefer Southpark's way of getting at CoS ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Piste wrote: »
    Does no-one else think that if people are stupid enough to get suckered into Scientology and give them all their money then it's:

Their

Own

Fúcking

Fault.

Yeah yeah yeah there are people who are born into it and it's really awful for them, but why would people protest against a CHOICE somebody made?

I prefer Southpark's way of getting at CoS ;)

Good look when you make a joke about scientology and you end up in jail for a year.

Google: Tom Cruise Missile

Good look when you make a joke about scientology and you end up in jail for a year.

Google: Tom Cruise Missile
    Why are afraid of scientology? They do not have the power to put you in jail for making jokes about them. The only place that shit happens is china.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

phasers wrote: »
    The Scientologist headquarters is like Sirius Black's house

if you're not a member, you can't find it

Its on Middle Abbey Street! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Twinkers

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Its on Middle Abbey Street! :D

Yeah, aren't they the ones who offer the 'free personality test'??!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

TheirOwnFúckingFault.

It's a responsibility of any civilised society to protect it's weak and/or naive.

Yeah, personally I believe that anyone that falls for that crap is 'stupid', but having said that, I have no doubt that the Scientology initiation procedures, 'auditing' and general practices contain a good deal of techniques lifted from hypnosis, NLP and various other methods of coercion (shutting members off from their family etc.)

I can see some of the attempts at NLP and subliminal messages quite blatantly in the 'Orientation video' that's been floating around the net.

If it's the case where they are effectively 'brainwashing' people (and I think it's pretty obvious that they are) I don't see why the responsibility should be shifted onto those 'stupid' enough to fall for it. Like I said, society should exist to protect those who need protecting, and if this cult is using hypnosis etc to trick people out of their money, it's no different to a smooth-talking con-man tricking an elderly person out of their life-savings....i.e. we should do something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Why are afraid of scientology? They do not have the power to put you in jail for making jokes about them. The only place that shit happens is china.

I was trying to point out that you don't have to me a member of the CoS to be affected by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Twinkers wrote: »
    Yeah, aren't they the ones who offer the 'free personality test'??!

Yes, yes they are. LOL! :D

Their
    Own
    Fúcking
    Fault.

Well I'm not sure people make this choice in sound mind, though. I mean if they really are stupid enough to just go for it thats fine, but if they're vulnerable and being picked on - and I'm guessing CoS are happy to do this - it's another matter.
    Just a guess though.

Tellox wrote: »

We Gratiously accept your offer of support but for this current time , we do not think it is wise that a non-Anonymous account is used to organise an event which relies on anonimity. If you wish to get involved i suggest searching for the correct channels to view. Boards.ie does not need to be associated with this battle. We have no issue with boards.ie or any of its users, and it is preffered if it could stay that way

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming
    We are full of ourselves
    We are overdramatic
    We are trying to pretend we're cool

at least We are being honest...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

will anonymous be pissed off if i go an photograph the protest?

We Gratiously accept your offer of support but for this current time , we do not think it is wise that a non-Anonymous account is used to organise an event which relies on anonimity. If you wish to get involved i suggest searching for the correct channels to view. Boards.ie does not need to be associated with this battle. We have no issue with boards.ie or any of its users, and it is preffered if it could stay that way

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

The whole 'anon' thing going on online is based around anonymity, but i don't see why people can't protest against scientology non anon if they want. A protest against scientology doesn't equal a protest on behalf of anon.

And save the We are legion stuff for the CoS relent boards or whatever, i don't think it'd go down too well here.

Jebus people

Its a load of students trying to make themselves feel important and mysterious. Few months time there'll be no mention of them.

Why is nobody else laughing? Need some lessons from Mr Cruise methinks.

• Advertisement

Just found this video

i would assume so? kinda defeats the whole purpose of being anonymous, unless they be wearing masks!

Peared, while it does sound weird, it has gotten a lot of attention, the video on youtube has gotten nearly 1 milion hits in less then a weak. that itself is impressive!

More than just 1 millon youtube views...

http://www.partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology/Press#Media_Coverage_on_this_affair_so_far

^^^ Boneyarsebogman

Looks like everyone is getting in on the creepy stephen hawking voice video :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Peared wrote: »
    Jebus people

Its a load of students trying to make themselves feel important and mysterious. Few months time there'll be no mention of them.

Why is nobody else laughing? Need some lessons from Mr Cruise methinks.

I think its hilarious. At the same time, if they do manage to inconvenience Scientology, I will shed exactly no tears. It's win win for me!

theres tons of these videos now, with voiceovers, dont you think they would all be uplloaded by the same person?

It's hard to tell, since they're all on different accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I can't get my head around this anonymous group. Formed from 4chan which had about as much intellect as our very own Cuckoos Nest. If they think that they can topple the CoS then they are as deluded as them crazy scientologists.
    Also i have never heard more pretentious babble in the messages that they are sending. It sounds like the poetry writings of a 14 year old emo kid with divorced parents. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being those who toppled the Berlin Wall and 1 being those who brought Moro's back, anonymous get a -3.
    The CoS are bad but I can hardly cheer for Anonymous, its a real case of the eviler of two lessers.

anonymous isn't made up of people exclusively from 4chan. Yeah some are prentitous, but at the core of it is a valid message (that the CoS is bad). The idea isn't to 'topple the CoS' but to raise awareness of its evilness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

D-Generate wrote: »
    I can't get my head around this anonymous group. Formed from 4chan which had about as much intellect as our very own Cuckoos Nest. If they think that they can topple the CoS then they are as deluded as them crazy scientologists.
    Also i have never heard more pretentious babble in the messages that they are sending. It sounds like the poetry writings of a 14 year old emo kid with divorced parents. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being those who toppled the Berlin Wall and 1 being those who brought Moro's back, anonymous get a -3.
    The CoS are bad but I can hardly cheer for Anonymous, its a real case of the eviler of two lessers.

They do sound like assholes. Too much fight club I think. I dont know what 4chan is but it also sounds quite teenage.

I cant really see why they would care about scientologists though.

i would assume so? kinda defeats the whole purpose of being anonymous, unless they be wearing masks!

Peared, while it does sound weird, it has gotten a lot of attention, the video on youtube has gotten nearly 1 milion hits in less then a weak. that itself is impressive!

Yeah Mr S, they are getting attention all right but I think thats due to the "Scientology" tags on their stuff. What they are against gets the attention which I think is why they are doing it. I mean if they were to actually try do some good and fight real injustices not too many people would be interested, they would just be do gooders. Far better to add some grandiose and mystery.

Also the celeb connection got them mentioned on Perez etc which is worth a lotta hits.

I just think its funny in the same way listening to teenagers taking themselves oh so seriously and expecting the world to is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

theres tons of these videos now, with voiceovers, dont you think they would all be uplloaded by the same person?

If they were all dont by the same person I would expect some voice consistancy.

but then again it would become unanonymous very fast if it was the same person. What if Youtube do an IP trace?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's a biblical reference.
    It's from the bible according to mark when jesus tries to exercise a demon from a man and ask the demon it's name and it replies

"My name is Legion, for we are many"

Kids these days, not a clue..... newfags the lot of them.

Did he take the demon out of a walk? Must have been a bitch getting the lead on. :D

The thing that strikes me about the whole Anonymous thing is that they've been around a while and the CoS are just the latest in a series of targets, so there's a reasonable chance that there may be Scientologists who are "members" of Anonymous who could subvert the group from within. And even if there isn't, the fact that there's no-one taking personal responsibility for the group's actions makes it pretty simple for the CoS to add their own people to it to spread further confusion to an already confusing set up.

As a response to previous posts in this thread :

No, we shall not abandon any reference to legion.

Yes, photographing the raid is welcomed and encouraged,this is also true of posting about it or posting your opinions of the event, Anonymous does not show anger towards individuals who have a negative view of how the event went, provided it is not a negtive view of anonymous as an entity.

No, we shall take no vengance on boards.ie users thusfar, although the schemes which involve eggs are not favoured and if such an action takes place the poster who made the comment reguarding eggs shall be targeted.

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement