Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anonymous Vs Scientology - Dublin protest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Zaph wrote: »
    Did he take the demon out of a walk? Must have been a bitch getting the lead on. :D

yeah he did, admitedly afer he'd cast them out into a herd of pigs it was alot easier... crazy stuff the bible.

Also, grammar nazi's fortold by jesus who told all god fearing christians to punch them in the baby maker so they couldn't breed.... who knew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Around what time should I expect you? Is there anyone in the group with allergies? I hope pasta is okay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oooohhhhhh, scarey stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

the leader is good the leader is great we surrender our will as of this date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From what I know of Anonymous, they hack because they can, and for the lulz.

They have tracked down and harassed people who f**k with them, all for the lulz. CoS is just another group that they are f**king with. They have targeted a number of other groups, usually ringing the people and letting them know that they know where they live.

CoS just happens to be a group that other people hate. They are not you personal army: they just happen to be attacking someone that you also hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

"My name is Legion, for we are many"
    Ha that line was used in 30 Days of Night, good vampire film, came out at the end of last year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ye while i dont mind the fact that they are going after cos i dont expect them to get very far.

can anyone remember the name of that group who sets up websites with very similar names to big corporation sites and attends conferences / does tv interviews etc under the guise of the big corporations?

now THEY are the people who should try and take down cos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FagsRUs

As a response to previous posts in this thread :

No, we shall not abandon any reference to legion.

Yes, photographing the raid is welcomed and encouraged,this is also true of posting about it or posting your opinions of the event, Anonymous does not show anger towards individuals who have a negative view of how the event went, provided it is not a negtive view of anonymous as an entity.

No, we shall take no vengance on boards.ie users thusfar, although the schemes which involve eggs are not favoured and if such an action takes place the poster who made the comment reguarding eggs shall be targeted.

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......
    DO IT FAGGOT. I'm going to be there with eggs now just to prove how full of shit and how much of a raging homosexual dick chomping faggot you are.

The very fact that you're acting as if you have some sort of a power over anyone here means you're a dumb cunt. GTFO newfag. You're an embarrassment. Go back to sucking dicks. The only thing you were remotely good at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭martin84

will ya relax there!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

While I agree with what a non e moose are doing, I gotta say lads, you gotta come up with a better tag than that hackneyed stuff. That legion stuff was old, like, 2000 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 FagsRUs

Also, calling Piste on being a Scientologist. She's one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

SDooM wrote: »
    While I agree with what a non e moose are doing, I gotta say lads, you gotta come up with a better tag than that hackneyed stuff. That legion stuff was old, like, 2000 years ago.

Yeah, it reminds me of some cheesy 80s metal lyrics

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Yeah, it reminds me of some cheesy 80s metal lyrics

I think I have an X-Men comic from the 80's where it's used. Professor X has a son with multiple personality disorder, so they call him legion, see.

Mr.S wrote: »
    epic lulz.

does anyone else find that really funny? whoever made that up should be kind of teh interweb.

OMGS EPIC LULZ!!!!

:D

noes dont LULZ faux news say they are INTERNET HATE MACHINE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I did a quick search. It's bible quote:
    Mark 5:9 wrote:
    And He was asking him, "What is your name?" And he said to Him, "My name is Legion; for we are many."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

We are Anonymous
    We are Legion
    We are Everyone
    We are No-one
    We are coming

Expect Us.......

Stop being a newfag with that **** all the time.

Anonymous are trying to raise public awareness of the crimes and dangers of a cult which are dangerous to society. While many do not like their methods it is just a step to gain media attention so as to then be able to highlight the main cause.

It is not about Anonymous shutting down the CoS. Anonymous know they cannot do that from their basements. But by raising awareness as to them and their lies, illegal activities, brainwashing and other dangers so as the public become aware and do not let this cult gain popularity or religious status. Its an attempt to show the fruitcakes for what they are.

[Bullys | Killers | Liers | Created by a madman to make money]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭martin84

seen that last nite. did anyone have a listen to those Spirit of man cds?
    would go well with a few smokes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

No, we shall take no vengance on boards.ie users thusfar, although the schemes which involve eggs are not favoured and if such an action takes place the poster who made the comment reguarding eggs shall be targeted.

What are you going to do, write a nasty poem? How are you going to get at the person, you can't come out into the light..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

what the hell is this "newfag" stuff? Never heard of the term till all this started :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

hmm i dont know but i thought it was a reference to new commers to the internet as they tend to be very immature compared to the internet user base years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    what the hell is this "newfag" stuff? Never heard of the term till all this started :confused:

The cancer that is killing /b/ and furries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Please keep the following in mind:
    Read the thread, prepare for **** to happen at this event. Anyone ready with a video camera yet? I can only do short segments of film on my camera.

In preparation for anything happening; Should anyone, this includes anonymous and Scientologists alike, get attacked yell "Camera!" This will have two effects;
    1. Whomever is attacking will immediately stop knowing the insanely bad press having a picture of the attack will cause, unless this person is a CoS plant there only to spread bad publicity for Anonymous.
    2. We will be able to get the photos proving that the CoS will go to all strides in their battle to take down those who oppose them.

A second requirment of this policy regards the CoS plants within the protester crowd; We need to make it abundantly clear to anyone and everyone that these are peaceful demonstrations meant for getting attention to an issue that has too long been overlooked, we do not wish to harm the Scientologists, but the Church of Scientology. If this is made clear beforehand we can simply refer to whatever website or statement that makes this clear should a member from the Anon protesters attack a Scientologist, and keep the letter in the linked thread in the same stament, creating a win-win situation for any and all forms of violence that might happen during the protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Superfluous

There are a LOT of misconceptions on this thread, so much it's worrying.

First of all, forget about what you think of Anonymous. They're coming from boards where there's a certain way of talking - take for example b3ta where you say RIS when you don't understand something.* These things develop up and anonymity on their boards developed a certain way too. I've seen threads involving their favourite romantic era music, with big lengthy debates. A lot of them are very intelligent. I'd say if you haven't visited one of those sites, a friend of yours does.

Second, this protest is serious. Everyone getting ready for the IRL protesting is totally serious. Whatever anon got into this for, they've learned a lot about scientology and are seriously pissed off. They made this hit the front page of digg on friday: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=3396

Anonymous isn't a subscription service, and it's not even relevant to these protests. They set the wheels in motion for it, so here you have your chance to speak out.

Thirdly, scientology no worse than any other religion? Look at that link above for one. It costs $300,000 for the lifetime of auditing. www.whyaretheydead.net has some good answers too.

And before you say that other religions are guilty of killing people and taking their money, indulgences were stopped hundreds of years ago and if anyone was killed for the sake of christianity today there would be uproar. Why cut them slack on murder because it's part of religious past? We're in a modern society where we don't accept such things.

The more awareness we can muster the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Archimedes wrote: »
    Dont attend this unless you know what is going on and have spoken to those organising. Trust me, you could f*ck this up for a lot of people.

how do you suggest we contact a collective of Anonymous beings?
    As far as I know they want us to turn out in numbers across the world to protest this dangerous and murdering cult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Draw a white chalk X on your mailbox and they'll contact you ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    I did a quick search. It's bible quote:

Shouldn't you have know this already, being Jesus etc... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Ok Ok I get it. 11 o clock on a Saturday though?

Talking like a tit and using bible quotes means CoS- vs - anonoymous in my eyes = one bunch of idiots - vs- another bunch of idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Superfluous

It's on a sunday.

How would you suggest addressing a sinister organisation? "Hey, yeah, we're a bunch of people. We don't like you. Go away." Not as much of an impact, is it? I'm sure you sound a lot different in a letter to a new employer than you do down the pub.
    People have too much of a stigma about anon. Because you can just as easily be one. There are working men in it, there are women (though it's a running joke that there are no wimmins on the internet), there are the students and ex-scientologists.

Revolts have been digitalised. Being anonymous is the only cover against scientologist strategy because they sue left right and centre. So ignoring what you condescend, are you going to protest the good old fashioned way?

Oh, and Third Ech, sher Jesus didn't write the bible, he was only in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Winters wrote: »
    Anonymous are trying to raise public awareness of the crimes and dangers of a cult which are dangerous to society. While many do not like their methods it is just a step to gain media attention so as to then be able to highlight the main cause.
    I say Anonymous are putting the same amount of effort into attacking CoS as they cyberly attacked and harassed random members of the public, people on myspace, the FeminNazi, the Beaver Bitch, etc. They are not your private army. This main cause you speak of: what do you think it is? Scientology is just the latest group they've attacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

the_syco wrote: »
    I say Anonymous are putting the same amount of effort into attacking CoS as they cyberly attacked and harassed random members of the public, people on myspace, the FeminNazi, the Beaver Bitch, etc. They are not your private army. This main cause you speak of: what do you think it is? Scientology is just the latest group they've attacked.

Wrong, The problem with Anonymous is that anyone and everyone can call themselves anonymous - the blown-out-of-proportion fox news report was based around Anonymous from *chans. You can never associate one Anonymous act with another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

Wow, imagine if Irish people got this worked up about the corrupt politards who are running this country, maybe we'd all be a bit better off.

Yes, scientology is a stupid and dangerous cult, but it's not really a problem here the way it is in somewhere like Florida. I don't think there are any actual scientologists IN Ireland, according to the last census (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you want to make a difference, get a crew together (V masks optional) get a placard saying "HONK IF YOU'RE SICK OF PAYING FOR TRIBUNALS" and stand outside Bertie's house in Drumcondra, record the whole thing on video, post to YouTube.

I think what Anonymous have done in making people aware of the evils of the cult is genius. They've harnessed the power of the hive mind and used the internet to damage scientology in a manner that their panel of crack lawyers can't do squat about. They've raised public awareness in a way that only organisations like the BBC have been able to do before.

I do think though, as an Irish person, we have worse things in this country to be worrying about than a couple of crackpots down on Abbey St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think the point is that it's a statement in support of a global reaction to a global organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭reitoei

I get the point, Jill.

Just thinking out loud.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

FunkZ wrote: »
    Ha that line was used in 30 Days of Night, good vampire film, came out at the end of last year...
    and the Bible too

reitoei wrote: »
    I get the point, Jill.

Just thinking out loud.

Fair enough.

I get your frustration though, I do, but here's a cause that's worked up a bit of momentum and I don't think it's fair to then go "Your cause us a waste of time, you should be working on this one".

And hey... supposing this thing does achieve something. The reason people don't engage in domestic politics here isn't because they don't care, it's because they don't think there is anything achievable. Our politicians have made damn sure of that. But if this could work...

A great fiction writer once wrote:
    The only time anyone has ever gotten into serious trouble was when he decided he could do nothing about something.

Then he went off to set up a gigantic money-cult and die in mysterious circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Maybe if this does work, or make a difference in any way, people will realise that they can make a difference and speak out about thinks they disagree with and feel should be changed and start to put some effort into changing things. If this has some degree of success people might start to look at changing things a little closer to home as well. Here's hoping anyway!

Either way, I still think this protest is a good thing, even just to spread info about the Church of Scientology. People should realise that the Cos isn't just a bunch of loonies or wackos who hassle people on the street like most people seem to think, but is a dangerous cult that gets up to some really nasty sh*t and then sues or harasses anyone who tries to talk about it

Exactly.

Anything that gets people angry and acting about bad things is worthwhile, and definitely so for something as undebatably knobbish as scientology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I get the point, Jill.

Just thinking out loud.

And making good points as well, this is what i wanted from this anti scientology campaign. For people to think more, realise how easy it is to gather support against something/someone unjust.

Religions/cults are not a big concern and they will die out, campaign like this one might speed things along but the big thing here was always going to be to get the people as a whole to realise how easy it would be to change things for the better. A population united against the evils of old, the Corruption that exists everywhere, in goverments leaders who do not really want what is best for their people. It used to be monarchy's but now its "democratic" lol things have not changed almost every single leader does not want what is best for the species as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Ah bugger. After reading the title I thought there was going to be a protest
    about the RTE show Anonymous and a planned episode to have Ronan Keating
    disguised to interview Tom Cruise with hilarious consequences!

Now that's something I would protest about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Do we supply our own pitch forks and torches or do we get them on arrival?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Zenu...lol I spelt it wrong...ah well, its a load of crap anyways

Im defo going out to town to see whats happening, even a large group of people standing around will arise attention from the news. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

That's what it's all about man, the more people there are the better the chances of media attention, and any media attention on this is bad for the "church"

So shall i see you there then? :D GREAT! Lets hope this doesnt get as bad as 'the o connells street incident' remember that? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    So shall i see you there then? :D GREAT! Lets hope this doesnt get as bad as 'the o connells street incident' remember that? :eek:

Well if it is then at least we'll get some funny photoshops out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Out of curiosity, how many people never heard of Anonymous or this attack on scientology before the couple of threads in AH? And of those, how many have heard nothing about it anywhere else?

It's not really raising awarness that well, IMO. I've read the couple of threads here and still haven't a f*cking clue as to what's going on. It just seems like a load of people are claiming to know, yet non of them can agree on what is going on. Add to this other people who don't know but have decided to get in on the act and yet other people who are just taking the piss, and I can't imagine anything worthwhile happening. It seems to be aimed at the same people who already know that scientology is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Wow, imagine if Irish people got this worked up about the corrupt politards who are running this country, maybe we'd all be a bit better off.

Yes, scientology is a stupid and dangerous cult, but it's not really a problem here the way it is in somewhere like Florida. I don't think there are any actual scientologists IN Ireland, according to the last census (correct me if I'm wrong).

If you want to make a difference, get a crew together (V masks optional) get a placard saying "HONK IF YOU'RE SICK OF PAYING FOR TRIBUNALS" and stand outside Bertie's house in Drumcondra, record the whole thing on video, post to YouTube.

I think what Anonymous have done in making people aware of the evils of the cult is genius. They've harnessed the power of the hive mind and used the internet to damage scientology in a manner that their panel of crack lawyers can't do squat about. They've raised public awareness in a way that only organisations like the BBC have been able to do before.

I do think though, as an Irish person, we have worse things in this country to be worrying about than a couple of crackpots down on Abbey St.

Now you're talkin, The govt. are ****in it up on a daily basis for pretty much everyone in this country, and ye're gattin worked up over a bunch of alien fantasists with a murky financial policy and a string of unexplained dead bodies in their closet. Scientology will stay out of your life unless you go lookin for it. Then they take all your money, fill you with drugs and leave you to die, as I understand it. The Govt. will take 20-40 % of your money directly, another 10-35% indirectly, fill you with excuses and leave you on a trolley waiting for a GP as I understand it.
    I like the tribunal protest, But I abhor anonymous protest. It is a cowardly act and defeats the purpose of mass protest (safety in numbers)
    I have protested against my own govt. against team america's crusade and a few student issues on occasion. I have never felt the need to do so anonymously. If your gonna do somethin anonymously, then it might as well we catastrophically destructive.
    If you wear a mask and you don't burn the place to the ground, you're a bunch of pu$$ies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Now you're talkin, The govt. are ****in it up on a daily basis for pretty much everyone in this country, and ye're gattin worked up over a bunch of alien fantasists with a murky financial policy and a string of unexplained dead bodies in their closet.

Then why dont people get out and protest against the government? Why did they not get voted out of power in the last General Election?

This protest is not Ireland only but coencides with many others all taking place at the same time around the world on the same day as a show of solidarity against them and also to commerate the death of Lisa McPherson who was born on February 10th and killed by Scientology URL="http://www.lisamcpherson.org/"]1[/URLURL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_McPherson"]2[/URL
    Scientology will stay out of your life unless you go lookin for it. Then they take all your money, fill you with drugs and leave you to die, as I understand it.

Not really. They constantly offer people a "free strees test" using the 'Oxford' name tricking people into believing its a legimite test. No answers given are confidential and they will keep it all on record and use against you as they so wish.

Offer someone a free stress test where the answer is always the same (ie: you NEED dianetics/scientology as we say so) is incorrect and false. It is also not even a stress test. Ask anyone practicing medicine or with a medical licence if their e-meter stress tests are ligimiate and they will tell you no. Its just a childs lie-detector.

This practice, which they do worldwide is untruthful, misleading and dangerous.

If you wear a mask and you don't burn the place to the ground, you're a bunch of pu$$ies.

Your awfully immature if thats your thinking. Acts of violance like that are not supported by the people who are taking part in this protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

I still want to know the reason anonymity is required for this protest ?
    Go, show your faces, whats the difference ? what are the scientologists gonna do about it ? Wearing a mask just demeans the whole thing imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

eeejits, both the scietologists and anyone who bother protesting against them.

and anyone who uses the word CHILLAX

Advertisement