Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anonymous Vs Scientology - Dublin protest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Just tell us the station it's on, I don't see the point in waiting 10mins before it's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 AnonaB

Sorry, I don't think it's worth the risk of the radio station getting hassled over the phone beforehand. There's a lot riding on us pulling this off.

Will the interview be in a robot voice?. That would be the coolest thing ever.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Is it at least a mainstream radio station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

5starpool wrote: »
    Is it at least a mainstream radio station?

Dingle FM - The Voice of Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

thats a no then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Feelgood wrote: »
    Dingle FM
    An Daingean!! FM

Did this thing happen or wha?

ScumLord wrote: »
    An Daingean!! FM

Did this thing happen or wha?

I was actually extracting the urine when I said that....imagine my horror when I find out there is actually a Dingle FM, I didn't even know they had electricity down there!.

I was actually extracting the urine when I said that....imagine my horror when I find out there is actually a Dingle FM, I didn't even know they had electricity down there!.
    The wind up radio has changed the Irish countryside completely. We have all the up to the minute bingo results and death notices.

The wind up radio has changed the Irish countryside completely. We have all the up to the minute bingo results and death notices.

Yes you are legion, you are no one and you are everyone....

• Advertisement

And today's station is - SPIN 1038. Dublin only, but there's a live stream here: [URL]mms://media2.vistatec.ie/Spin1038[/URL]

Edit - On now!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Why did they not mention the protest march this weekend?

Yes you are legion, you are no one and you are everyone....
    :eek: Oh no! How long will that last? Can I still drive a car?

:eek: Oh no! How long will that last? Can I still drive a car?

You can brother though will probably crash as you wont be able to see through your anonymous mask....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TITSORGTFO

To who ever that girl was, representing Anon. TITS OR GTFO.

Thank you.

Also Kylie Minogue!

\o\
    /o/
    \o/
    /o\
    \o/

You can listen to the SPIN 1038 interview here if you missed it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

To quote what someone said on the video:
    The woman from anon represents the group fairly well. She came across as intelligent and well spoken.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

To quote what someone said on the video:

Quote:
    The woman from anon represents the group fairly well. She came across as intelligent and well spoken.
    Well done.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TITSORGTFO

If she was truely a representative of Anon she would have shown tits in some way with shoe on head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ok. We get your gimmick.
    It was mildly amusing to begin with.
    After your first post, it got tiresome.
    Stop screwing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Well done.

Nope, she came across as too hurried, bandying terms about like OT without explaining anything, she just sounded like a nerd over excited by the attention she was getting.
    Where was the mention of the protest this sunday, surely the most important part?
    Didn't help her that she had an atrocious accent either.

Still, fair play for actually trying, even if she made a balls of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

SpinFM gave a 5 minute segment and asked useless questions which gave little to no chance to actually explain the full reasons and crimes. Effectivly trying to show that Anonymous are against the actions and highlight the crimes of the CoS was the aim of it and not that any faith or belif is being attacked. The idea was not to debate tabloid rumours about LRons sperm and Cruises baby, I really dont think anyone with any cell between their brain would even give that a second thought. SpinFM's IQ clearley doesnt go further then the National Inquirer...

Newstalk had scheduled a debate this morning with a member of Anonymous and a member from Church of Scientology Ireland. However yesterday evening CoS Ireland pulled out so it has been cancelled.

I read somewhere that the CoS is in financial trouble.

Does the fact that any members exposed to these protests will have to undergo cleansing (or whatever it is they call it), and pay for it, not negate all these protests.

If this does end up being successful on a worldwide scale, wouldn't the church end up making quite a lot of money from their devotees?

Winters wrote: »
    Newstalk had scheduled a debate this morning with a member of Anonymous and a member from Church of Scientology Ireland. However yesterday evening CoS Ireland pulled out so it has been cancelled.

In fairness Winters out of all the posts on this thread yours are the only ones that are somewhat convincing me that this Anonymous thing isn't a load of sh1te and your being objective about it...

Why don't you try and do some of these interviews and stuff yourself?. Are you part of anonymous?.

in fairness i think the church will always spin things to their followers and make more money of them Terry.

as for the idea of Winters doing interviews it sounds like a great idea.
    anon is great and all for getting the attention to the cause but sometimes they shoot themselves in the foot with their language.
    i keep having to delete those blasted f*g terms off the group page.

• Advertisement

nerin wrote: »
    in fairness i think the church will always spin things to their followers and make more money of them Terry.

as for the idea of Winters doing interviews it sounds like a great idea.
    anon is great and all for getting the attention to the cause but sometimes they shoot themselves in the foot with their language.
    i keep having to delete those blasted f*g terms off the group page.
    Good point.

I agree with the fag thing too.
    That's why I put a stop to it here.
    Damn kids thinking it's great to write the word "Fag" on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Anonymous_IRL

i can see sunday will be interesting

(pedobear_ireland)

Who says I have not all ready been speaking to newspapers and other palces? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Winters wrote: »

Damn, that would have been something worth listening to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Agreed, pity they didn't just let the Anon person come on anyway to say their points and give the plug about the weekend protest since the CoS pulled out. The way its happened, CoS effectively win that standoff.

• Advertisement

Yes. We were all looking forward to it.

It was a great disappointment that the Church of Scientology Ireland decided against speaking to Anonymous.

I was also told by people within Anonymous that Gerard Ryan of the Irish Church of Scientology also gave the following remarks about Anonymous' attack on the crimes of the CoS:
    "People say bad things about our faith every day of the week. If people said such bad things about any other faith it'd be considered an act of hatred. We're very fair about what people say about you. It's crass and pathetic. They need to get a life.When you think of all the bad things happening in the world, protesting about a Tom Cruise Youtube video is ridiculous."

They dont seem very welcoming if they claim to be fair yet cancel organised debates on their faith with national radio stations and go on to call Anonymous "computer geeks" and telling them to "get a life". Also as anyone following this from the start has seen, Anonymous are not attacking their faith of beliefs but the long and growing list of crimes, human rights violations, child abuse, forced abortions etc. that goes on within the CoS.

tis protest eve. hows everyone feeling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

nerin wrote: »
    tis protest eve. hows everyone feeling?
    I have a thundering hangover from an over indulgence of cognac at last nights marathon firefly session. I dunno the older the sauce gets the more it smells like a hospital ward in my opinion. Long live the cause!

I have a thundering hangover from an over indulgence of cognac at last nights marathon firefly session. I dunno the older the sauce gets the more it smells like a hospital ward in my opinion. Long live the cause!
    i approve :D
    well,not the hangover though

Very tired after a long week but there is much to read and prepare.

Back into the official IRC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭martin84

just heard the interview on spin. She did a very good job. I don't know why the protest wasn't mentioned though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

does anyone have a link to the podcast?

its on youtube,and its video one on the bebo group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭daauneal

Good interview, She sounds like someone from my area.

Wonder how she feels about the whole " there is no wimmins on the internets" thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

daauneal wrote: »
    Good interview, She sounds like someone from my area.

Wonder how she feels about the whole " there is no wimmins on the internets" thing.

She was on the radio, the fact that there are no wimminz on the internet still stands :D

So what type of media coverage do we expect on the day? :o

• Advertisement

TodayFM also have a decent interview, check their 4:30 - 5pm podcast from The Last Word last night.

Once again TodayFM said that the Church of Scientology refused to come on air and discuss with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

robby^5 wrote: »
    the fact that there are no wimminz on the internet still stands :D

*Frown!* *FROWN!*

It's still not posted here? You can listen to yesterday's interview with Anonymous on The Last Word on Today FM here - http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=N6PxkerH67k

thanks anonab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 anonymouspoop

Okay so, it's show time - here's Anonymous' Code of Conduct, please watch before attending - sorry for posting so late - http://youtube.com/watch?v=-063clxiB8I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

If you want to keep track of other protests, check here: http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewforum.php?f=13

Good start in Aus, and Im expecting the london demo to be epic. Hope the dublin demo to be a success as well. Let them know their not welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

how long does the demo run for 11am - ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Well anyone here go? What was it like? Did yis get beamed up to Xenus (sp?) magical lovecraft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Apparently theres about 3-500 at the London one.

• Advertisement

Apparently theres about 3-500 at the London one.

is that 3500 or between 3 and 500?

Advertisement