Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football boots I bought

Options
  • 25-01-2008 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hey Guys.

Bought a paif of football boots in the munster rugby store today for 60 euro (Reduced from 80). Wore them at training tonight and the left boot was digging into my ankle. It hurt a lot. A friend of mine also said he had the exact same problem with the same boots (puma rugby)

Am I entitled to a refund tomorrow even though i wore them? Also, if I am entitled should I just wash them, put them back in the box and bring them back along with the receipt?

If possible quick responses please, as I intend on going to town tomorrow.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Wore them at training tonight and the left boot was digging into my ankle. It hurt a lot.

Am I entitled to a refund tomorrow even though i wore them?
    No, you're not entitled to a refund or change because you don't like them, this would only apply in case of faulty goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Nody wrote: »
    No, you're not entitled to a refund or change because you don't like them, this would only apply in case of faulty goods.
    But if they hurt then maybe they are faulty. replacement is more likely though, but only after the boots sent to manufacturer for assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bring them back to the shop and ask to compare them to another pair. Look at the place that's hurting you. Maybe you'll see the stitching is different or something. If so, ask for a swap, otherwise, it's probably just your feet. Loads of shoes don't fit me, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

Under the Sale of goods and Supply of Services Act goods must be of merchantable quality and fit for their purpose ...if you can establish these then you have an arguable case...as Pythia suggested, bringing them back to check for faults with stitching etc would be a very good idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Am I the only one wondering, why you didn't notice this in the shop when you tried them on.

As with most shoes there is a certain amount of breaking in or loosening required.

And yes, out of respect for the shop staff, clean them first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭wireless101

_JOE_ wrote: »
    Under the Sale of goods and Supply of Services Act goods must be of merchantable quality and fit for their purpose ...if you can establish these then you have an arguable case...as Pythia suggested, bringing them back to check for faults with stitching etc would be a very good idea...

I was thinking this also
    gillo wrote: »
    Am I the only one wondering, why you didn't notice this in the shop when you tried them on.

As with most shoes there is a certain amount of breaking in or loosening required.

And yes, out of respect for the shop staff, clean them first.

When I tried them on they didn't hurt. It was only when I was running around a moving my feet that they dug into my ankle.

Didn't take the boots back yet, I should do it on Monday, I think i deserve a refund or stroe credit, I'll let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Try put a bit of vaseline on the rubber to soften it, they might do a swap for a new pair and for god sake get Mizuno or CCC. Puma are the smallest fitting of all footwear.;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The boots need to be broken in and moulded to your feet. Bet thing to do is to flatten them with a heavy item so the ankle part expands a bit and is not digging into you.

Advertisement