Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Pet Insurance

• 25-01-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Plz recomend good dog insurance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Habibi wrote: »
    Plz recomend good dog insurance.
    Unfortunately in Ireland you have a choice of a grand total of ONE, i.e. Allianz.

http://www.allianzdirect.ie/PetInsurance/index.html

Fortunately they're quite good, and I've made a couple of claims (for a cat, I should say!) that have been paid with no fuss whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Habibi

Thanks!

Allianz have any office in Waterford???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

If you go into your vet they should be able to give you all relevant forms. When we brought our pup for the first time we were given 3 months free cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I borught little Junior to the vet today for his vaccinations and he gave me a proposal form for pet insurance. Do people think it's worthwhile? It not very expensive but it doesn't seem to cover much. He's a Jack Russell by the way if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

I borught little Junior to the vet today for his vaccinations and he gave me a proposal form for pet insurance. Do people think it's worthwhile? It not very expensive but it doesn't seem to cover much. He's a Jack Russell by the way if that makes a difference.

I have my 3 shihtzus insured with them for 10yrs and am happy with the policies
    I had a shih-tzu who had major heart problems and had to get a heart scan and biopsies as well as a lot of medications,the bill ran into €1000s although because he was over 10yrs I had to pay 35% of the costs and the usual €60 excess.
    I have one dog who had to have an eye removed but petplan picked up all the expenses on that as he was under 10yrs at the time but the costs for the op was €100s.You never know whats around the corner with any animal but having insurance is peace of mind.They don't pay for their vaccinations or neuturing.
    They cover you for almost everything lost or stolen dog,kennel fees if you have to go to hospital,pedigree dogs are more expensive to insure as well as so called high risk dogs such as Dobermans,Ridgebacks,bullterriers and the likes.I pay €580 a year for my 3 dogs and a cat but well worth it i.m.o. as now they are getting on I have to make trips to the vet regularly.I have a dog that has a heart problem like my last dog who went to doggy heaven in october 07 (R.I.P. Simba) and the costs are mounting up once more,but at 15yrs old this is to be expected.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭VB

would definitely recommend the pet insurance! I thought it was ridiculous and such a waste of money when my husband brought the form home from the vets. But as our now 1 1/2 yr old dogs vet bill is approaching nearly €4000, it has paid for itself numerous times over!

Advertisement